Mental illness and running

Comments

• That is very kind of you bear. Now SC, don't go giving bear too many honey treats...
  • Well I'm home.  Very drunk I guess.  That's about my heaviest session of the year so I promise to be sensible from now on until this time next year.  Got to get my act together though as I've got friends round next Tuesday for a traditional xmas gathering that we have.  That means I've got to get out tomorrow and get a Christmas tree.  Also, must do so running.  If I don't do it tomorrow I may be asking for encouragement to get myself out on Sunday.

Good to hear bear is forgiven.  No more confusion over that issue anymore!

SOLB - good to hear you're giving the old OCD a kick up the backside.  A xmas tree would really give it good kicking.  Let's do it!

No reply from my friend yet re phase 1 of the plan.  Come on, come on, come on.  It's gotta happen!

• Spoke too soon - reply came through from my friend just as I posted this.  Phase 1 is go!

• Amazing how much I can sober up in 45 mins.  Progress on phase 1 was obviously very much on my mind when I stumbled in.  Rightly so I guess.  Thanks for the positive feedback.  Hope you guys are OK.

• Moo and I have been having cuddles for the last hour. I think it will be a case of playing catch a Dr in the morning. Congratulations on the successful completion of stage 1 LR. Iv think some of yoyr celebration tonight was clearly in anticipation, getting it all done in one hit image

Solb, I look forward to seeing your pictures. I don't like Lois of Christmas cards up so one year Anastasia and I made a scrapbook of the nicest pictures abd messages. Last year moo helped make a collage and a mobile thing. Lots of cutting and stiking and even more enjoyment.

Right, I think he is nearly ready to go back into his own bed so I'll tru to get more sleep.

If someone could make me a coffee around 8:30, that would be fab!
  • Sorry up to late to make that coffee.  Hope it goes OK at the doctors.

Well I'm obviously sobered up now so I do have the tricky bit of actually going through with phase 1 so yes it was in anticipation.  Got shopping to do first though before the masses arrive in town again so better get to it.

• Your typing was pretty good last night LR!  Wouldn't have known you'd been drinking

• Today is about resilience. Its about reassessing all the rules previously created and keeping those that really work, whilst allowing the others to sit quietly in the background. Not ignored, but not used. Today is a day for listening to the true voices, not the loudest or most persistent.

Today is putting into practice the lessons I have learned, and decided where I want yo go next.
  • Good evening all

LR - good news on phase 1, sure it'll all go well. Had my manager at work break down a little on me yesterday due to stress and lack of support from management team after being off a few weeks.

Personally I refereed in freezing conditions this morning but the carpets now down in my front room!
  • I'm having the 'phase 1' chat with my friend tomorrow afternoon i.e this is the one that knows already but talking about how to 'come out' to the others. 

Got the Christmas tree up -- but yet to be decorated.  Been really tired today so it's been a real effort.  I think the sleep deficit has finally caught up with me.  Hope it means I get a proper nights sleep tonight.

Hope Bear hasn't scared everyone else with that shark picture.  Could be Bear in trouble again only a day after being forgiven!

• Sounds profound and positive by eck, how are you feeling now? 

Woo hoo to carpets image 

I've had a lovely day. Really tired so I'm shamelessly copying and pasting from FB 

I have 90 tons of cake left to distribute, my Mum decided I needed a birthday cake too. I need to get generous quick. I'm not really bothered about cake and I doubt I'll eat it now the box has been opened. I baked Cheshire cat cakes, tiny tiny cakes for Georgia's tea set and 'eat me' cakes in saucers ... plus scones with strawberry jam and cream and bread. Might have also had little coffee cups filled with jelly tots and twirl bites ADD Mum's cake and the table was pretty heave for a little party  ) Party was wonderful, SOLBsismini adored the croquet and pin the tail on the cheshire cat - she was having a tired out cuddle with me after we'd been playing marching, then she spotted the poor battle worn cat and burst out laughing, it made the whole thing worth it .... actually we all had fun. My dad managed to even make OCD girl laugh making a mess, he upturned a cup filled with milk to read what was on the bottom of it - we teased him mercilessly about making a mess before the grandkids ... but he was in a lovely mood and even wore a handmade carboard top hat with animal ears for most of the afternoon image 

Feeling pretty happy, but very tired broke lots and lots of OCD rules today image

OOooo by eck your card arrived today, I have proudly put it up image I keep meaning to paint a picture for Moo. What would he like?  

• Xpost: Ha ha ha not me, I love my shark socks image 
    Really hope you get some sleep Lr I'm pretty sure the sleep fairy will be visiting me tonight, I'll remind her to visit all of you too 

• I'm seeing lots of great things in this thread. You should all remember this even in the low times

• It's nice to be able to share my amazing recovered bit. I still find it hard to believe I am so well. It's never been as good as this, just got to sort out a decent routine and I really, really think I'll be OK managind the DID stuff image 

I think you are right, when things are hard it's easy to dismiss the times you really felt better. Hope I'll never forget this bit though cos it's really, really worth fighting for.

You feeling any brighter?

• I'm feeling fairly good right now but being able to share on here is fantastic
  • Wow SOLB - that's so fantastic to hear.  So pleased for you - and it just inspires and encourages me as well. 

I won't be turning in for the night for a while yet - but even so please tell the sleep fairy not to hang about getting from your part of the country to mine - it's probably a fairly long way.

Really gotta eat though.  Time to find the energy to knock up a sweet potato curry.  Yum yum.

• Just thought - I'd really like to get out for a run tomorrow.  Didn't feel up to it today and besides wanted to get other jobs done first.  Other seasonal commitments in the week are likely to stop me getting out so really ought to do it tomorrow.  Encouragement and kicks up the backside welcome to make sure I get out there earlier this week before daylight starts to run out.

• I would like to take my asthma for a short run too, do it together? 

• It's a deal.  What time?  I can ask that confident that you won't say 8.30 in the morning!

• Agreed, I take my morning meds at 5am but the anti psychotic haze rarely clears before 10.30-11.00 so about then image 

• image I just went to the kitchen to get some water and accidentally came out with chocolate buttons instead image

• Aha - so it is you that's eating the chocolate.  I have chocolate too!  Oh wait, I left it unattended!

• *pacmans through the thread* 

• My chocolate is safe - but probably would be safer in my tummy.  Can't be too careful.