Sunday 9th December 2012

Morning.

Lyrics: Whoah and I know a man, he came from my home time

Happy Birthday OH - hope you have a great day.

Anyone racing today?

I'm hoping that I shan't do too much of what the title of this song suggests as I attempt my longest run since Abingdon this morning though looking at the weather forecast the wind is more likely to be an issue.

What:             LSR
Why:              don't want to lose all my endurance
Last hard:      2/12
Last rest:       1/12

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Welcome to the new age group OH: have a good day!

Lyrics: no

What: I may go for a walk later, but I am not going out whilst the rain remains horizontal. Would never stop me running, but its not quite the same when its a slow plod.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Happy Birthday OH image

Well raced, emzap and Tinselcelt image

LMH: Germans aren't keen on xmas pudding I think. They are probably too stuffed with goose to face much afterwards. There are sweets for afters but they can be anything from roast apples to ice cream (usually winter flavours like cinnamon or gingerbread) or even cake.

My 10k went ahead, but without me. We had lots of fresh snow this morning and couldn't face a drive that would easily take twice as long as normally. None of the roads had been cleared yet. Conditions would have meant a mediocre time anyway and seemed not worth the effort.

Enjoy your Sunday image

• Morning all and happy birthday OH
    Yesterday's lyrics: Alone by Heart
    Today's lyrics yes if time = town otherwise no
    What: either 6 miles by the Monnow or * by the Wye imageecisions
    Why: need to "Run out" yesterday's plod
    Last Hard: Friday
    Last Rest: Thursday
    Dull, dreich day ion Wales brightened by our Christmas Tree. Lights are on, it's watered and fressh, yet to be decorated but looking good.
    Come on AH...man upimage
    Happy running, walking, stretching all

• You're spot on SC - sorry - lyrics should read 'my hometown' and I was doing a fair bit of it along the muddy canal path. Still, 17 miles run and I'm happy with that for now.

chickadeee - sounds like a sensible decision with the 10k.

Alehouse - the rain didn't start until I was already out but the wind was the worse part, of course it stopped raining and the wind dropped when I was about a mile from home.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Lyrics - yes. Coincidently I was playing the "Graceland" album yesterday (though this song's not from it).

I'm looking out of my front window - we've got stalls, roundabouts and people in Santa hats everywhere. Yes, it's the annual Christmas Fayre - the last time there were this many people in the town centre was the day of the Torch Parade. Going to pop out later this the grandson and see if we can win him a Santa hat.
  • I take it you're no longer in London then Tom?

• Hi LMH...ditto, river path v.muddy. Just 8.5 for me. legs tired and heavy today but enjoyed the run back, which despite being downriver is mainly undulating up! Tom, must be an epidemic of fayres. Town gridlocked and market square echoing to brass band playing carols! Was thinking of driving to craft centre in the forest but not sure how long it'd take to get back home through the trafficimage

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon.

What: a hik through the snow image
    Why: there is a lot of snow!

Forest looks like a winter wonderland, it's stunning.  Cold but so beautiful.

Chicka  good call not going out, the drive would not be nice in this!
    Tom  good luck with the Santa hat
    OH  happy birthday image

Have a good one all.

• Afternoon

What Santa dash (2 miles)
    Why official start to Christmas
    Lyrics no

Happy Birthday OH

Bagged my first ever win image marked by a seasonal choclate orange and maybe a photo in the  local rag tomorrow. There were a few sporty looking students who went out fast but were burnt out after a mile. Mrs PP was dead chuffed for me.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all

Happy Birthday OH

Well done Postieimage

39:09 at Andy Reading Memorial 10k, wanted sub 39 but the wind was not good esp at 4k and 8k on the open road and on the Airfield, top 70 finish (69th) Jnr was in 49th with 37:50 and a nice new PB for him. Good to meet up with old friends from Alchester Running Club. Managed a negative split 19:47 / 19:22 so that was a bonus.

Plus some warm up miles

Take care

• Congratulations postie - enjoy your winnings!

• Thanks for birthday wishes.
    Largely a quiet one at home

Well done to Postie and RFJ image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

happy Birthday OH (whats left of it!!)
    well raced Postie, Emzap, TinselC & RFJ. Nice long run LmH

lyric - not sure
    what - 5m speedy (36.11)
    why - all i had time for - kids xc this morning, xmas stuff to sort out this afternoon
    last rest - friday
    last hard - Thursday?

• Evening all

Oh: Happy Birthday

Rest day today for me.

Busy weekend so need to actch up.

• Evening! Well won Postie! Well run, RFJ (and Junior)!

Walk: just over a kilometre only, on hilly ground, deliberately. Coped well with the uphill; downhill was not good though. Too jarring I suspect. Phys tomorrow morning.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    AleH - I'm delighted that you're making progress. When do you start on the backward lunges (a staple of mine over the last three weeks)