Vote Sarah in GFA - previously lardy girl does good! ;)

Comments

• Hi Sarah - Eek! Hope the house sells well ... and for lots of lovely money! I've got  some intervals on the treadmill later so will plug myself into a good audiobook to stave off the boredom! image

• Down at Silverstone earlier, driving some 4x4s ... so thought I'd wear my customised T-shirt! In case you can't see what it says, " Vote Sarah F in Asics 26.2 on www.RunnersWorld.co.uk" ... Thought it was worth a shot! image

/members/images/645234/Gallery/silverstone.JPG

Check out the awesome car!! image

• For a runner who struggles to add any speed, your devotion is inspiring. If only I had as much dedication!
  • Simon - Just treat yourself to a mince pie every 2.5 miles ... it's amazing how much dedication a treat at the end of a run adds!image Thanks for the lovely message!

• Hope you had a fab day at Silverstone! image What was you r 10k in the car??

• a very glamorous photo

its what I expect to see in a magazine image

• /members/images/645234/Gallery/98247-111-003f.JPG

Coming up out of the skip of ice at Tough Mudder Midlands 2012.

/members/images/645234/Gallery/98247-260-010f_0.JPG

That orange string that looks like spaghetti? It's electrified. And did I mention I was soaking wet?

/members/images/645234/Gallery/98247-332-014f.JPG

Finally finished. Never been so happy to see a pint of beer in my life.

3rd woman too! Woo! image

• That race looks completely amazing!! And respect to you for finishing as 3rd woman! When is the next one? image

• Steve - Ha ha! A LOT quicker! Took out a 4x4 today - really good fun! Had a roof on though so didn't get covered in mud! Just been out for a cheeky night time 4 mile run now. Not as cold as I' thought it would be and no ice so happy with that! image

Sarah - You're only saying that to get my voteimage I deliberately posted a poor quality pic so you can't tell I'm actually gurning in the pictureimage

• You're a mad woman...

Oh wait!  I already knew that didn't I LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL image

Don't think you should be allowed out of the house without the now famous pink socks!  How funny would it be if you start getting recognised in races because of them image

• The last few pictures are not quite as glamorous, but look far more amazing! It's such a shame you couldn't do the race abroad.

I'm with SB, I reckon you should wear them to all your races and see how long it takes for someone to comment/recognise you, you could even take bets on it for charity!
  • I don't think it would take that long Sarah - the pink socks have become something of a national phenomenon already!

• SB - Hmmm ... this coming from the lady who helps me with my pacing by neighing at me and doing horsey motions ... image I hope you've been spreading this as a recognised method of training running newbies?image

Sarah - It was such good fun! I'd definitely recommend Tough Mudder if you enjoy races that are a bit different! You looked like you had a blast doing the Rat Race too! If there's one that's in the middle of us, we'll have to try to enter and have a catch up! image

Steve - Nothing wrong with my pink socks! image Keep my legs warm ... and the competition dazzled!image

• So ... Pink socks for Christmas all round then? I hope they're on your list to Santa! image
    • Just watched the TV presentation of the boot camp day, you did well to get yourself on that!!! Sounds like you dont need to win this thing as you have tons of race experience already!!! Just joking all the best to you and all the other competitors. I would just try and forget about it as they as in Asics and RW Towers will not be in a rush to let you know you have won or lost so just get on with the week and get off the computer and get some work done!!!image
  • I'm not allowed near normal people - I might scare them image

• Afternoon MCS - Couldn't belive I was on the video! I was so excited to be at bootcamp I was just talking really fast about running and how cool it was to be there! They must have thought they had a mad woman on their hands! image

Good tip about not getting too wound up after the competition ends. It's so easy to get neurotic and bounce around waiting for the call! Don't think work would be too impressed if I spend all day on here on Wednesday ...! image

I've only been running 2 years but I've tried to get as much in as possible! Spent most of my 20s being fat and not doing any exercise so I'm trying to make up for lost time!image

• SB - Ahh ... that explains why we get on well then!image

• So guys ... what do you reckon? Too far ... ?

/members/images/645234/Gallery/pics_003.jpg

• Lol. Making the most of every situation?
  • Why not do everything, it will all be over before you know it? Have you done the Facebook campaign too???image Advert in the window of the office? Get everyone at the office to sign up for you??? School, nursery, etc. Relatives. Friends if you have any left after mithering them to death about running!!!image Keep your thread near the top on here by talking with running buddies.

• MCS - I'm totally all over it like a tramp over a kipper! image

Facebook - my wonderful friends are completely and utterly sick of me harping on about it, although they're still humouring me at the moment ... and voting just to humour me! image

Twitter has been AMAZING! I chat with a lot of runners on there anyway and they have totally mobilised all the forces image A few of them have even written me up on their blogs with the appropriate links! Can't believe the support - they have been amazing!

Work - I'm on the front page of the global intranet would you believe! 13,500 employees have my mug to contend with in the morning ... although how many will vote if they don't have me poking them with a pencil ar their desks I don't know! However work have been amazing and so supportive! But we do an annual global half-marathon every year with all of the offices so I'm hoping for a bit of support! image

Local press - Have been in local paper with my gurning mug in a pic! image

Nursery - They've been voting too! As have swimming buddies!

Also ... a couple of other sources which may not have been spotted ... yet!! image

• Ooh and the customised T-shirt at Parkrun and general chatting there..!

Plus posing at Silverstone in my customised Tee!image

I'm having a BLAST! Thinking I might see whether I can get a job in marketing after this! (Nudge, nudge RW Towers ... need a new PR girl to add to your team?image

• Sleepy Bear wrote (see)

I'm not allowed near normal people - I might scare them image

Good job you're chatting to us then image

• Sarah...im speachless!

Got to give it you you have certainly given this campaign your all image

Im up for another adventure race if you are......wheres half way between us?

• Steve - Yep ... doensn't matter if we're a little unusual on the RunnyRunRun thread. They know us hereimage

Sarah - I'm the slowest one in the GFA category (and certainly the most feminineimage so thought I'd better try and get a few votes in to show the RW team I'm worth a shot! image

Eek! My geography isn't amazing ... you're Hull aren't you? I'm Rugby near Coventry. How far is Nottingham from you? I think there's a Hellrunner there at some point. Always fancied giving a Hellrunner race a bash! 

• RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

Steve - Yep ... doensn't matter if we're a little unusual on the RunnyRunRun thread. They know us here image

• I feel like I'm amongst friends image

• Friends with bacon. Who like running. It's AAAALLLL goodimage