Vote for DS2 - RW Asics 26.2

Comments

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    No Pain -what does your typical weeks training look like at this time of year?
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Legs ok after yesterdays longish run. Short recovery run today!

• Morning DS2, sounds like you got a good run in yesterday.

Sorry to hear that you've never won in the final, that must be so frustrating for you, it starts making you think if your jinxed! My netball teams not doing very well this year but we didnt start playing together as a team until the start of season, I was starting to wonder if it was me, but we lost when I was at BC which is reassuring. We now don't have a match until jan so we've some time to practice together!

Busy one for me this week unfortunately! Hope you have a good day at work, don't work to hard!
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Morning SO4 - looks like being a busy week for me, as well!

Hopefully, you'll turn the netball season around. Sometimes those seasons are the most satisfying!

Now that I've chosen to concentrate on running now I won't be winning anything at hockey. My daughter thinks it's funny because she already has more winners medals than Iimage

The last cup final I played in we lost on the last hit of the game and it went in off the underside of the crossbar and it was a National Final and we would have qualified for Europe had we won!!! That was disppointing!

Have a good one!

• Morning DS2, Tought I'd come on your thread and say that I totally agree with what you are saying on the other thread.

It is a competition and I feel it may have got away with me at the start. Even after the comp, there are still races to be run, training to get right and injuries to nurse.

Think you out it in perspective by copying Clive's words.

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Thanks for your words Reginald. I saw your comment a couple of days in when it was obvious you couldn't keep up with us regular posters. I felt it was unfair at that point and I'm sure the powers that be at RW towers understand that as well.

Don't give up whatever you do - you are in until the end!

You seem like a good team player, as well, so that has to be in your favour.

Until someone tells me otherwise, I'm running the Halstead marathon on 12 may 2013 with a target time of sub 3:15. I always was and expect to be there like I have the past two years.

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

I was going to put in a short recovery run today but think I will go back to my original plan of resting on a Monday if I've run long on Sunday. I'm not sure the RR will acheive anything and am fearful that my current enthusiasm will lead me to overtrain. I am getting on a bit afterallimage

Anyone got any views on this?

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Only a day and a half left now. Be really glad when this phase is over!

2 sleeps til Santa!

• How exciting!!! I can't wait to find out... and I'm not even in it!! bounce....bounce.....bounce

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    DS2 - you've got us all biting our nails!
  • hey DS2, you have been alittle more quieter on here today so you must have been working hard.

I hope we do manage to turn the season around but at the moment im not to hopeful. No one turned up to practice today so it ended up getting cancelled at the last minute. We were hoping to use this time mid season to get our acts together but if were not practicing, were going to need miracles. I do like playing as a team, but its far easier to go out on a run on your own, when you want!

haha, congratulations to your daughter. I would be tourmenting you about it just the same image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Hi Sarah - yes I had to knuckle down and earn some money! Had appts at either end of the day but they both handed me cheques so that was good!

Practice makes perfect as they say. Actually, as I always say to the kids when coaching them it doesn't. Practise makes whatever you are practising. Only perfect practise makes perfect.

• thats a bit of a tongue twister!image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

It is Sarah!

Minni - I have no nails left - which is a shame because I have just left a really catty post on the other thread (all tongue in cheek of course!)

• Well you're keeping me giggling DS2 so it's all good! image

A little peeved to think you didn't vote for me though ...image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

RRR - the funny thing is I nearly did. I forgot what I was doing and thought 'I liked her and she's got a good story....' then I remembered.

To quote sarah - I was haing a blonde moment!image

• Hee hee! I was hoping desperately that I wasn't in a group with people I'd met and liked at bootcamp but makes it more interesting I guess! Knew I should have tripped you up during the track workimage

• DS2, I didn't even realise that you had blonde hair.....it's such a nuisance at times!
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

RRR - I understand completely that situation but then almost everyone I met at bootcamp was very likeable!image

Sarah - I die it brown/grey! Didn't you notice the blonde roots?image

Just did 6 1/2 miles including 4 at inside 7:15 pace. Felt pretty good and can, at last, feel some benefit from the base building I've been doing.

It was bloody freezing first thing. I drove to teh local park and the temperature was -4. I ran and when I got back in the car to drive to work it was ............-4!image

Have a good day everyone!

• Lots of reading back......This weeks training Started on Sunday it's just the way it is, so Sun 15 miles with 4 @ MP or lower, Mon Swim am 50 x 25 m front crawl, Mon PM 5 miles recovery, Tue 6 miles with 4@ tempo am, 6miles with 3 or 4@ tempo pm. Wednesday 12 easy, Thursday 6 miles with 4@ tempo am, 6miles with 3 or 4@ tempo pm, Friday 50 x 25m front crawl am, 5 miles recovery pm. Saturday Hill run steady pace 4 miles up 4 miles down.Total miles 68/69 miles.The only two runs that will now increase in length are Sunday to a max of 22 and Wednesday to a max of 15. The Tempo runs will see the LT coming down which means these will be run at 6:15 to 5:55 pace. I will do a fall back week every 4th week where the long run is reduced in miles and if I need a rest day it will be a Monday or Friday but I will keep in the swimming.DS2 are you on Fetch I save all my training there (Firesac) back to the hospital on Thursday hopefully i will get the plaster off my left arm, I have a distal radius fracture and it's still painfull after 6 weeks, there was talk during the first 3 weeks of an operation so not 100% sure what will happen.

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

No Pain - thanks for the comprehensive training plan. That's where I see myself getting to. I'm handling 40 a week ok I think and staying injury free (no niggles). I don't do any swimming unfortunately!

How have you found running with your arm in plaster? When I came off my bike last year they put mine in for a couple of weeks suspecting I had broken the scaphoid. I found running impossible - but then discovered it was because I'd really knackered my hip and I felt like I was running like a crab!!! It put paid to any plans to run a decent marathon. The good thing is that I've got another year in my legs and I'm definitely in the best shape I've been in for many years. Ultimately I plan to emulate you and run a sub 3 at 50!

Excellent if you don't need an op! Good luck.

No, I'm not on Fetch. I think I will though in the next few days!

• Running has been ok it's the swimming which has been difficult as the latex bag has a lot of drag and the shoulder is getting a hard work out. Good luck today fingers crossed but dont let it stop you whatever the result.

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Of course - I hadn't thought of that! You'll be glad to be back to normal.

Thanks for the good wishes. It's given me a real boost whatever and I will carry on with the same enthuisiasm regardless!

• Is that what they were???? image

Glad you had a successful run....mine wasnt too bad this morning, although I think im better at running at more sociable hours!

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

sarah - how was the weather up there? I was glad of my tights and two long sleeve tops!!!

I'm back to lunchtime running tomorrow. What did you do today? 20 miles at MP????image

• Afternoon! if we are all on about what we are doing..... Circuits this morning.... totally brutal and brilliant, dog walk, new baby cuddle, Sold raffle tickets are school concert, feed the little ones then off to Running Club!! may even top the day off with a pint, but then again its cold maybe a cup of tea first???

• Any news from RW Towers on the result?
  • Haha, I wish, just a 10k @ 7.5 min/mls. Was -3 for me.I dont like it when the lights on my dashbored are red....it makes me feel like I should still be under the warm duvet indoors!

• Tigger I fancy doing circuits...would you recommend them for marathon training or post marathon training?

• Sarah, I remember doing 20 miles when it was -18 here dont ever want to do that again.