Vote Caro in PB Hunter

Comments

• Good luck caroline - You've got my vote and the support of The natural running project, we will help you in anyway we can image
  • CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭
    Clive Kelty wrote (see)

Are all South Africans the same- trying every sport known, and trying 110% at those- the ones I met in Sydney were exactly like you (but a bit hairier and less pretty image)

Yes Clive we're pretty much all the same, and always wanting to enter crazy endurance events, it's actually no different from here and especially after chatting to all you lot and reading all your stories image.

Ps, massive repect for the stomach and gullet surgery that you do! You were very modest when I met you! I love doing surgery the most in our daily practice goings on but my operations will be no where as tricky and delicate as yours. Well done with how far you've come in the competition so far xox

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Thanx pixie_feet, I can only dream of being as fast as you one dayimage. You've had some brilliant results recently xox

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    morning caro. .the more I read about you the more I like you....n the more I'm gutted we're in the same categoryimage
  • Hi Caroline. Out of all the threads ive read so far, yours is the one with the most love and kind words! I don't think I got the chance to meet you at boot camp. What would breaking 3hrs mean to you?

Coming from South Africa have you ever been tempted to run Comrades?
  • CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

HI Shady_Ady... I'm sorry we didn't get to meet at BC but I'm ENJOYING getting to know you and your sense of humourimage. I was tucked into a tub of Ben & Jerry's (a Friday night treat after a long week!) whilst watching your video... which was very appropriate!

I was going to enter the 2013 Comrades for the 1st time (never done it before) but I'm enjoying my new found speed and I didn't want to lose that just yet? (I don't know much about ultra distance running / training?). I'm also hoping to qualify for a GB Age Group place for the World Triathlon Champs taking place in Hyde Park London in Sept 2013 so that is my other GOAL for next year image Will definitely do a Comrades one day xox

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

/members/images/471967/Gallery/ChristmasParty1_1.jpg

/members/images/471967/Gallery/ChristmasParty2_1.jpg

There were some serious GANGNAM STYLE moves going down on the dance floor tonight image. Great party & a great year for us ladies as a team overall!

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

/members/images/471967/Gallery/RWSuperwoman_0.jpg

/members/images/471967/Gallery/RWLargeGroup_1.jpg

An amazing weekend with a brilliant Christmas Party last night with extremely fun filled people, then to cap it off a 6.5ish mile run through woods & mud this morning at the Maidstone Harriers Turkey Run! I found it REALLY tough due to my lack of sleep with all the excitement that's been going on image! More celebrations to come tomorrow... watch this space...

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭
    Shady_Ady wrote (see)
    What would breaking 3hrs mean to you?

Ooooo I've only just seen this comment Shady_Ady... I must have got carried away in the Comrades. If the coaches thought I could do it and they had confidence in me then I wouldn't want to let them / you all down and that would be carrying me all the way. I've just never dared to believe of a sub 3 before so I'm in completely FOREIGN territory!

I don't know what it would mean to me yet but the greatest reward would be reporting back to all of you that you haven't wasted your time following me. Thankfully "the targets will be discussed with the coaches and adjusted accordingly" image

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

/members/images/471967/Gallery/RWBreakfast1.jpg

/members/images/471967/Gallery/RWBreakfast2.jpg

Now my husband has no excuse not to join me on training runs with new running shoes for his Birthday today image xox

• Hey, that's a seriously tasty looking Full English you cooked up for Riaan there.  It's my birthday in a week's time.  Can I order the same to be delivered round my house about 7.30 am (no need for the red roses - just the food) !!

Caroline just forgot to mention that she was actually FIRST LADY home in the Turkey Run yesterday.  Clearly the Superman/woman outfit gave her special powers to fly over the mud and standing water.

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Thanx Rob! So many running December babies it seems! I'll see what I can organise re: the breakfast next week. I hope Jane buys you some red roses instead image. Have a great day x 

• Hi Caroline,

we spoke briefly yesterday at the end of the Turkey Trot you won the ladies race and just pipped me in the process. Well done to you. You spoke to me about your ambition so I have voted for you as I have met you in the flesh. I hope I'll see you again as you seemed like a nice person.

Best of luck for you. Andy

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Oh wow thank you sooo much Andy!

I was really struggling in the mud and puddles and wind and your encouragement REALLY helped me during the race like you won't believe!!! That's exactly what running is all about! Take care, I hope to see you at other races, and as you're brand new to running, finishing 32 out of 332 definitely shows massive potential! I know a great running club with a great bunch of people if you're looking for a local club image

• Caroline it was good fun yesterday. I was thinking of the Fell Runners when we were both a bit knackered I think sometimes they buddy up just to push it along but things worked out.

If you stay in touch with me with the odd post I'll have a think about the club; I just love running and the freedom that goes with it and hate bureacracy but you might be right don't know.

I'm going to drive to Battle this w/e for the Xmas 5 miler keep me sharp.

Stay true

Andyx 

• Don't forget caroline let me know the name of that club and a contact and if you've got time how would it improve me?

Andy

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Hi Andy. I belong to Larkfield A.C. (and Triathlon Club) and our website is www.larkfieldac.co.uk

There is a contact email if you click on "Club Details" on the Lhs column on the home page. Our main club run is on a Tuesday night at 7:30pm where we meet inside the Leisure Centre near the restaurant.

I suddenly saw a VAST improvement in my running speed when I started running with other people who were slightly faster than me. I always used to run on my own but my pace always stayed the same and I found that with running alone, I could never push myself as much as I do running with other faster people.

It really pushes me out of my comfort zone which is what I need to improve otherwise I stay the same. I also do the local Maidstone Sweatshop 5km run on a Monday night which is great for speed and to see if you can improve your time each week. There is a more casual 5km & 10km Sweatshop run on a Friday night. Best to meet outside the Sweatshop at 7:15pm as it gets very busy on a Monday night and the actual runs starts at 7:30pm.

Hope that helps image

• i have to say if it wasnt for for larkfield athletics club i wouldnt be any thing like the person i have become since may and as caroline said hanging on to faster runners brings your times down dramaticaly when i started running in january for reasons i will share when the time is right ! i was running 11 ish min miles i done my 1st 10 k in april in 57 mins then joined lac and was running as hard as i could to obtain 9.5 min miles it was realy hard hanging on now im running 715- 8 min miles and still have more in the tank i just need to work out how to release it image im amazed how ive developed in 7 months im realy looking forward to my next 10 k as i ran a training run in 47 mins last week 10 mins quicker wow !! its people like caroline that have given me the boost to develop quicker times she truely is a very good athlete such a nice person with it too and never praises her self for her talent so every one vote caroline dont let her talent go to waste xx

• Your husband is one lucky man...that breakfast looks spectacular! Loved the present (running shoes) aswell, thats class image

• Evening Caro!

Lovely pics - that breakfast looks AMAZING!! Well done in your Christmas run!! That's AMAZING!! image

• I think Caroline would be a hugely deserving winner of the Asics Target 26.2 Paris marathon place, she goes about her running with steely determination and has improved a hell of a lot through really hard work over the last couple of years. 

She is always really supportive to others at our club, I’m grateful for the encouragement she has given me and I know she always tries her best to will others on to achieving their best.

With her application and the bespoke coaching/ training plan I think she could smash 3hrs not just go close.  Good luck Caroline.

PS the breakfast does look v.good

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Thanks Scott, Sarah, RRR and Smarteee that's very kind x

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

/members/images/471967/Gallery/RWSweathshop1.jpg

/members/images/471967/Gallery/RWSweathshop2.jpg

My shameless appeal for supporters at the Sweatshop 5km run tonight image

• Happy birthday caro, you seem to have your campaigning boots well and truly on, and loads of lovely supporters!!!

Have a lovely day! 

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭
    Thanx Alex. The voting campaigning all feels a bit ruthless pleading with people to vote for us when we all deserve to win and we've all got such different stories and targets. All the very best for the next / last 24hrs image
  • CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

/members/images/471967/Gallery/RWBirthday11_0.jpg

/members/images/471967/Gallery/RWBirthday2_2.jpg

/members/images/471967/Gallery/RWBirthday3_2.jpg

Light up running shoe laces, nice Animal bag and Natural Running Project voucher for prezzies this morning, breakfast at you know where, and exploring the streets of the real Canterbury Tales! FAB Birthday with lulls of feeling very tired image. On the home stretch now... WE CAN DO IT!!!

• You won't struggle to be seen with those laces. I might choose those over a headtorch as my next running accessorie purchase! Glad you had a nice birthday. Bring on tomorrow!

• Good luck Caroline

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭
    Thanks Knight Rider. It's been so much fun image