asics target 26.2 vote Jenny

Comments

• Hi Jen, I was in your group at boot camp. I have just made your granola bars with my 7 year old boy, so easy to make! We will be taking them to park run with us next week! Good luck in the competition. I would be really interested in reading your training plans and notes on the forum if you get through. As you say above you are representative of a lot of 'newer' and 'slower' runners and I think a lot of forum readers would be interested in following your progress. Kind regards, Rosemarie x
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Hi Rose, I remember you! It was such a good day last friday..I met so many lovely people. Good to hear from you,please do stay in touch on this thread. I'm glad you liked the granola bars, they are my staple running fuel.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    good morning!

I love Saturday cos I get to run with others. As mentioned in my blurb, a few of my friends now run. We meet every Sat morning, run for about an hour, then have cup of tea n chat together. It's a beautiful morning here...so time to make porridge for breakfast.
  • Finally getting the chance to catch up looking at everyone's threads. Good luck! Your granola bars have been discussed frantically. My wife was going to cook some cookies over the weekend so I've pointed her to your recipe to see what all the fuss is about image
  • CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Thanx for your kind post Jen. I've been feeling the same about you and sad we're in the same group. I know that your family & friends must be VERY proud of you and all that you've achieved in such a short space of time. As Running Rose said You DO represent a lot of "newer" runners and "slower" (although NOT FOR LONG with your many PB's to come!) and I agree that I think you would have a lot of followers. Enjoy your day with friends after the youth club last night image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Had a lovely lovely run this morn, v cold n a bit slip under foot, so we just took it steady, (not slow as coach Sam told us at bootcamp. I liked that.. I'm not a slow runner.. I'm a steady runner image)

• Hi Jenf. I'm a  new and VERY 'steady' runner, ( love that positive definition!! ). I'd be interested to know what you think you could gain from the experience if you got through, in order to help you reach your new pb. Also, any tips on how to build up speed?

• Evening Jen! Hope you've had a good day! Your run along the coast sounded amazing! image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Morning all!

Welcome to the forum Delyth,image  If I get through the BEST experience will be running in Paris with the support of a great team! What I will gain along the way will be a whole wealth of experience from the RW/Asics coaches and pros, and being able to share that with lots of other like minded runners on a thread will be great. Hopefully by the end of the 16weeks they will be lots of us running faster and stronger!

Building speed....hmmm, thats what I need to find out and work on myself...so watch this space...I have a feeling it will involve a lot of hard work. I read once that to be a faster runner you have to run faster.

• Thanks Jen. Look forward to hearing your tips as you get faster - which I'm sure you will whether you get through or not. Hopefull we'll be hearing about your new PB soon, be it Paris or wherever. All the best with the comp.

• imagejenf wrote (see)

Morning all!

Welcome to the forum Delyth,image  If I get through the BEST experience will be running in Paris with the support of a great team! What I will gain along the way will be a whole wealth of experience from the RW/Asics coaches and pros, and being able to share that with lots of other like minded runners on a thread will be great. Hopefully by the end of the 16weeks they will be lots of us running faster and stronger!

Building speed....hmmm, thats what I need to find out and work on myself...so watch this space...I have a feeling it will involve a lot of hard work. I read once that to be a faster runner you have to run faster.

Hi Jenf . . . . i hope you are well this morning . . . yes I agree getting through will be the BEST experience running Paris, as for getting the training done I hope you are finding discussing our running with like minded people where we all have our goals very motivating and upliftingimage

Following what Steve Smythe has told use the speed will come I'm sure ( i need to improve my speed!)

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    tony ..you are in a different class for speedimage one I dream of!

thanks for the good wishes delyth.

any newbies out there please feel free to ask questions. I can still remember that feeling of absolute elation when I ran my first mile without stopping. Now 3 yrs on I've run 2 marathons, n I ran the second one without stopping!

so set a goal, make a plan and go for it!
  • oh yes that feeling!!!...amazing.....I took my 14 year old daughter out earlier today and she ran 3km without stopping and the look on her face was magic!!!.....might get her running marathons yet!!!!......x

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

I ran a 5k race with my daughter this summer, It was brilliant. I agree, nothing beats that feeling of achievement.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    good morning!

I have so much adrenaline pumping through my body I've not slept s night through since bootcamp was announced!
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

here is a thought for the day

'Much of ones capabilities lie within the mind' (Joe Simpson)

• Nice words. These are perfect for a marathon as mental toughness is about as important as physical toughness (that's what I've been told anyway!).

I have exactly the same problem....full of adrenaline, even after I've ran or worked-out.

• Green and white tigger wrote (see)

Seren these bars are seriously awesome! can not gush enough about them!!

+ 1 imageimageimage

Gonna need to make some more soon!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

evening!

well I turned all that adrenaline into good use this eve at gym and achieved a PB heavy front squat image so together with my 10mile run yesterday at my new goal MP(just to see what it felt like) I am feeling gooooood!

• Apparently you say that these fabulous granola bars can last up to a week in an air tight container........ I think you must be lying!! Short of that my container lid doen't fit properly, it jumps off and the granola bars just happen to call to me each time I go into my kitchen! therefore I feel I must limit my baking as I will no longer be able to run more like wobble! although brutal circuits in the morning may be the key!?!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Ha ha ha G&W...I have visions of granola bars jumping around your kitchen now!  I've taught mine to say ' hands off, unless you are running in an hour!' 

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Nah! I just can't face brutal circuits!

• Ooo its good, boxing gloves, totally kick ass!!..... can't move my arms for days after but thats the point isn't it??image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

actually I do like boxing... I like giving the heavy bag a pounding! 

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

detemined to sleep tonight..image x

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    thought for today

'it's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.'
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Wise words Jen! How did you sleep last night? If you can't sleep well after a session of power squats then you might have to see someone image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

lol, thanks Malcs! I actually slept really well last night, so I'd recommend them image

just popped in during lunch for a quick look around the forum to see what everyone is up to.. fairly quiet..People must actually be doing some work today image

• OOUUCCHHH! it was totally brutal! Sit ups with a medicine ball! Fingers crossed after tonights run with the club I should hurt quite so much!!  It was a brilliant session!!