Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

Comments

• Choisty re bling: 3rd on the podium doesn't mean much when they only have two prizes on the table to hand out for the Vets, and there was no podium anyway!

Bit of a let down really.....never mind. It's on the official list and that's what counts I guess.....

• I think it's time they started handing out prizes to other professions, not just Vets.

• Choisty - you have a new runbritain stalker.

• Evening all - I don't really get the run Britain thing but I still try to use it! I don't understand the bit where it tells you how to change your handicap.

/members/images/530492/Gallery/537667_10152292169275456_99021546_n_-_Copy.gif

Here is a picture of me and my chum before we set off to run 10 miles in the wind and cold across the South Downs! Mental I know!image

Las year we dressed as angels - next year I'm thinking Christmas puddings. This could be quite a warm outfit to run in methinks!

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Great pic there Emma!

I'm having a few days off running to recover and gonna use my 12 day free gym pass. Then back to starting marathon training. Any ideas on what I can do there to help my running? I'm thinking squats, leg extensions and the like (clearly with upper body stuff to because I need to work them for vanity purposes)image
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Oh, think there should be a special catagory for seconded probation officers. I might win something....
  • Great pic Emm

Come on Ten, where is your photo????????????

• Yeah Ten - where's your photo....

oooh I sense a new campaign!!! image

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    We want photo!!!
  • Hello all

Some great running going on hereimage

Emma - love the pic, very festive!

BoD- careful with that P&D programme, they are intensive!

I have been doing some running but mixing it up a bit with rowing and doing some gym classes. Need to work on my core as well...don't have one at the moment! My marathon plan starts ion 24th Dec, having not run more than 6 miles for LSR since May, this might be messy!

• BoDuke wrote (see)
    I'm having a few days off running to recover and gonna use my 12 day free gym pass. Then back to starting marathon training. Any ideas on what I can do there to help my running? 

Pick a treadmill between two attractive girls.  Voila! Instant form improvement and boosted speed.

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭

Hey MWW: My plan starts on Christams Eve too. Christmas day is a rest and Boxing Day is meant to be the first proper session (can't see that happening) image

Ten: I was attempting to show off on the weight machines, but don't thing they are considered to be 'macho' really. Maybe I'll put my running shoes on tomorrow and attach a dreadmill for a few minutes and then grunt away on free weights. image Me MAN!!!

• Nice piccie emma.....hi to MWW good to see you back in training soon!!!
    Just skated down to the office, put the Inov8s on this morning as very dodgey under foot..........
    PICTURE FROM TEN come on you must be James Bond or something to not want to put your picture upimage
    I am now stalking those on Run Britain who I have worked out names for. Feel free to stalk me. The only thing with run Britain is that you can only put your miles in for the week. On Runners Forum UK you can put in shoes, weather, time of day, times of the run and mileage, type of run. But I guess for you racers Run Britain gives you your handicap etc. Time for a coffee me thinks. Have a good day all.image

• Hi MWW - nice to see you again - hope things have settled down a bit for you? image

Ten - picture...picture...picture....image

Em - don't worry about that bit - just ignore it! image

Bo - you've got the general idea - doing a whole body workout will benefit you so don't stress too much. Try to do something for every part as your body works as a whole unit - unfortunately strengthening one part at the expense of another may just lead to an imbalance.  Get one of the instructors to do you a head-to-toe workout - just make sure you swap from one area to another between exercises e.g do triceps extensions, then squats, then lat raises, then calf raises, then abs, etc etc - doesn't have to be a long sesh!

• image2-0 Ten come on get your picture up and then we can see you sweating at your core exercises while eating a bacon sandwichimage Just done another session of core exercises.

• James Bond?  More like Worzel Gummidge.

My picture is already there!  Unfortunately the flash didn't go off, and it was taken against a grey background.

My forum doesn't show avatars for other people.  Is there a setting somewhere?  I might consider adding an image.  One day.

• Man of mystery Ten.......Is he a man or beast, woman or animal!!!
    This is me on the Bupa Header that keeps getting sent out. I am the ugly one with no hair....... /members/images/485545/Gallery/Bupa_pic.jpg

Which one is TEN?????

• Just behind SB in the blue top at the front, oh is that not you sorry!!!image

• Red beard works down our chip shop

• Tenjiso wrote (see)
    BoDuke wrote (see)
    I'm having a few days off running to recover and gonna use my 12 day free gym pass. Then back to starting marathon training. Any ideas on what I can do there to help my running? 

Pick a treadmill between two attractive girls.  Voila! Instant form improvement and boosted speed.

Haha - is it bad that I actually run faster when I think people are watching?? Always speed up when a pretty girl is coming the other way...

• Where are the butties then Steve,  starving???image

• On their way, mcs, on their wayimage Just trying to decide on the sauce!

Interesting point... if I line the whole length of the marathon route with pretty girls, should I actually be on the sub 3 thread??

• Arhh...you see by mile 21 pretty girl fatigue would set in

• Pretty girl fatigue... Surely such a thing does not exist?? Can't see myself hitting the wall on that one!

I am of course willing to be the subject of any experiments to discover for sure. Purely in the interests of science.

• You'll fit right in here then Steve!  We like science image

• I'm highly scientific.

Managed 3 x storming 1600s at the track this am, pace assisted slightly perhaps by the presence if Christine O, Perri SD, and several others!!
  • Choisty - just to get your taste buds going, i am going to a charity curry night tonight organised by our running club - jalfrezi and lager tonight for me then imageimageimage

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭

Ok, back to sensible converation: curry and beer. Nice, but I do prefer chinese style curry, you know the stuff, chipshop curry sauce with veg and meat in in. I know it's wrong, but what can you do???

• Stop it I havn't been for my lunchtime run (8M tempo) and am stavin'.