ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Good morning everyone and happy birthday Caroline, I hope some of you have your victory speeches ready......
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Busy on here already this morning! Some of us have already got our run out of the way!image

Just did 6 1/2 miles including 4 at inside 7:15 pace. Felt pretty good and can, at last, feel some benefit from the base building I've been doing.

It was bloody freezing first thing. I drove to the local park and the temperature was minus 4. I ran and when I got back in the car to drive to work it was ............minus 4!image

Have a good day everyone!

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

RRR - I've just counted your (150) words on the RW page and they total 196 so I've written to the editor asking for your disqualification! I think I've just got time to get a petition together!

Now how do I get rid of the others!image

• Gutted!! I've just gone to get my kit out the car in prepartion for my lunch time run to find that I have not packed my trainers!!! So annoyed with myself! image

• Andrew - that sucks! Maybe time to try out this barefoot running craze?? Might be a tad chilly...

• That's bad luck Andrew, I've done that a few times and it drives me mad!

Lovely day out there for running (sorry Andrew), just back from a nice 8 x 800M reps session off 60 second recoveries. Felt nice and controlled.

This week has really spurred me on a bit with my running!
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

A.W. - I feel whatever happens on Thursday that it has given me just the boost I need.

Andrew - that is gutting!image

• Ha ha so frustrated with myself! Glad you managed to be better organised than me A.W I will try run straight after work!!

• As promised there is a picture of me dressed as santa on my forum page should you wish to take a look image my colleagues have found it particularly amusing and looks like it will be published in our team brief?!

• Morning all....as per usual, several pages to read through since I last looked on here. Only 24 hours to go now!

Steve........sadly not a lot planned today of interest.......I think it'll be a late one at work today, but I am going for a run at 1pm - 6 x 800m at 10k pace with 1m warm-up and warm-down, which will break the day up. It doesn't look any warmer outside from earlier.

Andrew.......I have a couple of routes I use at work - one with longish hill, and another to some woods. I could also add a third run through the town centre, but not sure I fancy any abuse from those waiting outside the job centre.

Has anyone else been abused by random people while out running? A friend who run's has been hit twice with plastic bottles by 'drive'bys' and he says it's because he runs? 

• Andrew....nice Santa outfit.....will it get a second outing over the Xmas period?

• Thats awful that runners receive abuse and even attacks!!! I have not experienced that yet and wouldnt be very happy at all if i did!!!

Not sure if it will make another appearnace but dont want to rule anything out just yet. Santa could be in a town near you... providing you are all good boys & girls!image lol

• I think i need to mix my lunch tiome runs up a bit.  There is a bridge I use for sprints which is really good but i always do the same 10k route and it does get a bot boring if im honest... Its just waht i know so end up repeating it lots...

• That's not good!! Had a bit of the usual verbal abuse while out running, but never anything physical!
  • Andrew----do you run alone or with others at lunch?

• I must have been really lucky then cause its not like I live in the best of areas so there are lots of 'youts' hanging about! I'm not sure what I would do I guess just carry on running and ignore it but a part of me would want to grill them and tell them about respect!! But I would probably just carry on running I wouldnt want my pace to be affected... lol

• I think I would enjoy some abuse!  Then I can open a can of whoop ass.

Someone did abuse me by saying " Run Fatboy", my response was "I can loose weight but you will always be an ugly B****D"

Seemed to work

• Reg....nice comeback. I'd be worried he'd be able to catch me though if he gave chase. Curling up in the feotal position is my only line of defence! 

Right...time for my run.....bring on the cold

• Happy birthday Caroline, im abit upset that I wasnt the first out of my group to wish you a happy birthday so I wont be getting your vote, but you deserve it still all the same. I hope you have a fabulous day shopping. Looking forward to seeing your pics later image

I did my run this morning too. Have a meeting until 9:30 tonight after work so I couldnt do my normal speed session image. Dont like getting up so early....dont think it agrees with me!

• Andrew you forgetting to pack your trainers may be fate saying that you need to rest that leg....how is it today?

• andrew price 3 wrote (see)

HI Indy thanks it does actually feel better today so hoping it was just an aching muscle...

Glad to hear it, I twisted my knee last week, talk about bad timing! I have been guilty of training through it in the past, but I've decided to rest it this time on the off chance I get the call, so no running for the past few daysimage

Shady_Ady wrote (see)

Andrew.......I have a couple of routes I use at work - one with longish hill, and another to some woods. I could also add a third run through the town centre, but not sure I fancy any abuse from those waiting outside the job centre.

Has anyone else been abused by random people while out running? A friend who run's has been hit twice with plastic bottles by 'drive'bys' and he says it's because he runs? 

Not yet but it's probably only a matter of times, my long runs do go through some fairly rough areas of Birmingham, having been hit by a few suspicious bottles at music festivals though I guess an empty plastic bottle is better than some alternativesimage

Seriously though, I have a really nice lady that works for me, she's in her 50's and has just returned from a tough battle with cancer, she cycles to work everyday (she's truly an amazing lady) and she's been hit a few times with empty bottles from cars and from the pavement. It never ceases to amaze me the idiocy some people will sink toimage

Good comeback Reg, probably helpful you can outrun them afterwards!

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

When I ran with my blind mate we used to run through Chatham town centre every lunchtime. I don't wish to offend anyone but it is the home of the Chav (honestly it is!). You can imagine the stick we used to receive being two men dressed in lycra and joined by a small piece of rope that made it look like we were holding hands!!!

RRR - can you now see why I am so anti pink compression socks???image

• Ha ha Sarah very good this could be trueimage It does feel a lot better today if im honest so think i will be ok...

I have not done a thing at work! I hope that #target262 are able offer me employment as i think I'm possibly looking at getting the sack!!

• Hello all, another interesting thread, I've had a little verbal abuse 'run forest run' seems a to be popular one. I've only bit once, but that's another story!

I tend to ignore them, way I think is if I respond they may take it out on the next runner they see. So it's not worth it.

9 times out of 10 it's always someone who looks like they could do with a bit of running.

I put it down jealousy
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Shady_Ady wrote (see)

Has anyone else been abused by random people while out running? 

Not while running but after our end of season dinner the other year I decided it would be good training to walk the 6 miles home. It was about 2am. A car went past and then I felt a huge pain in my chest. I looked down and saw the offending projectile. I'd been hit by a carrot! Who throws a carrot? Who even carries one? Plastic bottles are two a penny but raw vegetables? I ask you, this country...

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

DS2 - committed to the cause as ever, you are a brave man indeed image

Reg - like it image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Malcs - to what are you referring my good man?

It's normally projectile carrots the following morning!image

Off out to London now for a few drinkypoo's. Well, I'm on a self-imposed drinking ban so will be chauffering! Have a good natter this afternoon. This time tomorrow voting will be over. To be honest I doubt anyone on here who hasn't voted by now is going to.

I'm up to 48,000 responses on my marketing campaign. (Cost me a fortune employing all of those telesales people. They were happy to do it though - said it made a change from PPI). Even RRR will struggle to beat that! (Unless you know differently Sarah???)image

• I haven't had abuse but I get people sarcastically clapping sometimes when I go past ... so I just pretend I'm in the Olympics! image

Malc - Carrot throwing? Maybe it was a snowman sneezing ....

DS2 - Hee hee! It's ok DS2 - I've bribed your team with mince pies - they're secretly telling people "Vote Sarah!" when you're out of the room!image

• RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

Malc - Carrot throwing? Maybe it was a snowman sneezing ....

Careful with the jokes RRR!

• Malcs wrote (see)
    A car went past and then I felt a huge pain in my chest. I looked down and saw the offending projectile. I'd been hit by a carrot! Who throws a carrot? Who even carries one?

Brilliant, made me think of Austin Powers "That really hurt! I'm gonna have a lump there, you idiot! Who throws a shoe? Honestly! You fight like a woman!" lol