Long hair on guys...

Comments

• Yes. So are meggings.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

On younger men, maybe.

/members/images/4741/Gallery/mgibson.jpg

However, on any man with grey hair, or who is balding, it is just not a good look.

/members/images/4741/Gallery/billbaileyL_243x251.jpg

• I came to the conclusion that men have long hair for 2 reasons:

1) because they can't be bothered to get it cut.

2) Because they are complete poseurs who think they are God's gift to women.

Both are bad.

Unless you are a member of a rock band in which case it's still bad but obviously de riguer.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

This chap, a member of my local council (and I used to live next door to him), has a long, skinny pony-tail of grey hair image

/members/images/4741/Gallery/SH.jpg

• Muttley wrote (see)

Yes. So are meggings.

How do you feel about men with long hair who wear meggings ?

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Wilkie wrote (see)

This chap, a member of my local council (and I used to live next door to him), has a long, skinny pony-tail of grey hair image

/members/images/4741/Gallery/SH.jpg

Someone needs to sneak up behind him and cut it off  image

• Yes because I'm sure that ponytail makes him soooo much more attractive.....image

• image  ... shoot them on sight !! .... its the law ... honest !

(due to slow typing that was actually a response to carterusm)

• i resent having to cut my hair. i'd like it to be long. not hippy long, but I'd like it to flow, you know?

but I can't because my hair goes all frizzy like a cross between andrew neil and Annie.

• I had long hair for 20 years (from aged 16), as in almost right down to the small of my back long. I only got it cut when I started to thin out a bit.

Short hair is rubbish. image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

Yes because I'm sure that ponytail makes him soooo much more attractive.....image

That photo is actually rather flattering....

• Screamapillar wrote (see)

I came to the conclusion that men have long hair for 2 reasons:

Both are bad.

Unless you are a member of a rock band in which case it's still bad but obviously de riguer.

Blimey thats bit of a generalisation, so are all women with short hair dykes or don't care what they look like..

I used to have long hair the same as Eggyh73 but now to baldy to have long hair. But it wasn't the case of not being bothered to get it cut or though myself as gods gift. It was just a choice I choose maybe my taste in music had something to do with it but I also liked it long.   

• It disturbs me, in a disturbing way ... image

• http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/suwarnaadi/hair/BradPittlonghairstyle.jpg

This was my style............. oh yes I can see how shit it looks nowimage What was I thinking 

• Tommygun2 wrote (see)

Both are bad.

Blimey thats bit of a generalisation, so are all women with short hair dykes or don't care what they look like..

I used to have long hair the same as Eggyh73 but now to baldy to have long hair. But it wasn't the case of not being bothered to get it cut or though myself as gods gift. It was just a choice I choose maybe my taste in music had something to do with it but I also liked it long.   

Both her points are invalid. I've never ever thought of myself as gods gift to women and it wasn't anything to do with not being bothered to get it cut. I'll have you know I went a couple of times a year for my trim, and by trim I mean about six inches off the back please.

Music was a big part of it for me having long hair. I was a grunge kid and at heart I still am. I absolutely hate my hair these days.

• Each to their own I say but Bruce you are right with your punishment of shooting them !

• if i let mine get too long it goes in my ears and feels like someones constantly touching me image

• Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Music was a big part of it for me having long hair. I was a grunge kid and at heart I still am. I absolutely hate my hair these days.

Same with my bruv, a proper metal-head as a teenager!  He suffered for his musical tastes, walking round looking like a poodle till it grew out properly but  25 years on I can't imagine him looking any other way.  He's a scientist so it's OK.  image

• Eggyh73 wrote (see)
    Tommygun2 wrote (see)

Both are bad.

Both her points are invalid. I've never ever thought of myself as gods gift to women and it wasn't anything to do with not being bothered to get it cut. I'll have you know I went a couple of times a year for my trim, and by trim I mean about six inches off the back please.

I came to that conclusion through empirical observation. I liked men with long hair until I realised that they seemed to fall into these categories.

Can I just say "Russell Brand" to prove a point. Also, Tommygun your assertion that you were a "grunge kid" doesn't really go against what I saying - remind me what grunge was about, in fashion terms? Looking as if you had just crawled out of a skip if memory serves.

• Wasn't me who said I was a grunge kid, I was a sophisticated 80's Heavy rock guyimage  

• Long hair is actually very functional for the heavy rock brigade.  If you try to "head bang" with short hair, you'd just look like you're trying to nut someone.

• 1. I have extremely short hair/bald.

2. I know i'm gods gift to women.

image 122 women who "want to meet me" can't be wrong, can they? lol

• Grunge = Cool as f*ck. Anyone who disagrees is just wrong and probably one of those electro blinky beeping dance music tone deaf people. image

PhilPub has a good point. I used to be able to headbang with the best of them. Now my powers are gone.

• Were crusties grunge or are they two different things ?   Remember being dragged along to see some band by a mate - full of crusties - on the basis of that night a subculture best forgotten imo.

• Crusties and grungers are different.  Grungers are deliberately scruffy whereas crusties are just, well, crusty!

• Screamapillar wrote (see)

Both are bad.

Yeah, not having to go to the hairdressers is a consideration. I think I've been 3 times in the last 15 years.

Although the last time I went (about 6 months ago) I didn't get any inane "been anywhere nice on your holidays" type chatter, she just got on with it. Might go back there sometime.

Another consideration is that I have this weird purple lump on the back of my head (GP said it wasn't anything to worry about), I'd probably need to get that hacked off if I had short hair.

• I think I'm with you now CD - these were definitely crusty rather than grunge.   

• I agree with Wilkie, it's more likely to look better on a younger guy.

I don't mind as long as it looks clean and well kept.

My teenage son is hankering for dreads image

• How old is too old for long hair?

I figure when I start going grey and / or bald I'll have to get it cut.

• *whispers*

Ummm, what are meggings please?