Vote - Malcs

Comments

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

I'm with Tony  on this!

Malcs - Living in the South is turning you into one of us you old softie!

• Malcs - I reckon you should go with the superman look - use blue running tights and put red pants over the top! image

So ... question of the day:

Star Wars or Star Trek?

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Neither - can't get that Sci-fi nonsense. Mostly because I am the least creative person in the whole world. Probably why I don't like you flourescent pink compression socks RRR. Why did I have to mention those. last night I actually slept without thinking about them!

And I wonder where my kids get their autism from!image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Thanks for all your views on the tights issue. I've been busy counting all the votes and after a couple of re-counts (just to make sure) it's come out as 2 votes to zero in favour of the 'tights over' option. That's a big relief as I had been going with this after tossing a coin.

RRR - your vote was dicounted on the grounds that it was a totally ludicrous suggestion!

[ ...a suggestion that I will ridicule in public but secretly use on my next night runimage ]

Hmm Star Wars or Star Trek? Tricky. Spock is awesome but then Star Wars is responsible for the greatest bad guy in film history - Jabba the Hutt (notice the correct spelling there - I know my stuff). 

So I'll go Star Wars and that's even allowing for those ridiculous teddy bears in Return of The Jedi!

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Malcs - thought you'd been gone a while. Did you need a calculator for that or was your wife there to help out?image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    It was a toughy - I needed the wife, both kids and the family abacus but I got there in the end. I'm glad that this careful statistical analysis has finally put the matter to rest.
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Final full day today of voting today. Looking mighty wintery out there. The tights will be out today for sure. However, I will feel much more comfortable in them now that I've established the correct etiquette for combining them with shorts image

At the moment I have the thermometer out on the window ledge. Only when the temeprature reaches its daily peak will I consider venturing out - I am that much of a wuus.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

It was - 5 degree in BP this morning Malcs! I'm not running till after work tonight!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ouch Jen. Better put the thermals on!

Eeek, I feel a bit guilty now. Just back from a glorious swift 4 miler in the park. Blue skies & sunshine image

• It was definatly the coldest run i have ever done at 7 this morning!!!!.....should have stuck with malcs wussiness and gone out later!!!!.....image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Melaniejayne - you are the hardest of the hard and I tip my hat to you. I'm ashamed to say that I hadn't even got up at that time (it's not like that every day - honest!)

I can recommend the wuss approach. It's never failed me.

• tomorrow morning I take your approach!!!!!

• Brrrr! MelanieJayne - lots of respect! I was all tucked up at 7am! imageMalcs - sensible approach! image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

That's tomorrow sorted then.

The big question is, will you risk leaving the house on Thursday?! image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

So, final day of the voting stage. Polling stations close at noon and then it's just a nervous wait to see who gets those precious 5 places.

RW have a big job on their hands whittling it down. However, one thing they can be sure of is whoever they pick will give it their all - having met most of them I have no doubt about that.

• Malcs good luck for today and thanks for keeping the Bootcamp 2012 party aliveimage

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Tony, thanks so much! I hope we can continue the 26.2 thread and support the winners all the way to Paris.

I had a great time talking with you at BC. You have amazing energy and enthusiasm that is very infectious. Really wish you the best too!

• Morning Malcs and Tony!

I'll see you both on the Asics thread at midday then! image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Yes RRR - the 26.2 end of voting party is almost upon us. I will be celebrating with another run, at peak day temperature of course! How about you? 

• That's a fab idea! Going out for a run to celebrate! It's a gorgeous morning here as well - all frosty and icy!! image

I will be out to lunch ... While keeping close tabs on the Asics thread!! And contrary to my good intentions earlier ... I will be treating myself to a mince pie and cream as a well done for getting to the voting stage!image
  • Best of luck Malcs, hope you get it image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Everything crossed for you Malcs.

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

All the very best Malcs. I've really enjoyed your sense of humour and you've made me LOL a lot!!!! I'm hoping we will bump into each other at races in the future being in the southern counties. My OH is a more social runner but I'm always dragging him to races image. xox CarroT

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Minni - many thanks indeed, you've been a great help. Just hope they tell us early tomorrow or the day will be unbearable.

Cheer's baco - hope you do too. Maybe they will surprise us and take us all on? image

RRR - I think you deserve a mince pie or two after all this!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

It's another one of those days - can't keep up!

Thanks 'CarroT' - I have no doubt our paths will cross again - Maidstone Half next year? And there's always the TR24, how is the OH with camping?

• Time is nearly up and just wanted to say thanks for your insight over the last week or so and good luck as we move into the final phase image I look forward to talking more regardless of the outcome.
  • Malcs - you are a true shinning light from this competition and I feel you may have found your new home. Always ready with a quip or story to lighten the mood and have really embraced what this whole competition is about.

Maybe some have been focused on just the winning, but I feel that you have made it that all have felt a part of it. It's about the opportunity to learn more about ourselfs in relation to running and to feel part of the wider community and I certainly feel that now.

Thank you and best of luck for the next stage.

• Good luck Carrot Man
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Reg - thanks, I have just cried. 

Paul - easy, I'm still having counselling about that!

I have to say it has been an absolute blast and that's all down to the good humour of everyone involved. The banter on the 26.2 thread has been hilarious and I've loved every minute of it.

I am lucky compared to the others in that I have time to post. On the flip side I haven't been very productive over the past week and may have to do extra shifts at McDonalds to be able to feed the kids.

It will certainly be nice to finally leave the campaign bunker that I've been holed up in for the past week and reunite with the family. I hope they remember who I am!

Best of luck to you all!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

I agree with Reg. You've been great! Let me know next time you're down my way..we can power squat together..cos I certainly won't keep up with you runningimage

Good luck x