Vote Steve in First TImer

Comments

• Thanks RRR - whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger image was probably slowest I've ever ran but that whole weekend was an amazing experience

Definitely up for TR24 - really does sound like a blast!

• Be warned - if you stay in touch with your fellow bootcampers - they get you into all sorts of mischief, like ultras that you'd never normally contemplate... but it's great fun image

• Haha sounds good to me image sounds like you had such a great time... Hoping so badly I get through now... going to be a long few days' wait to find out!

Was out for a meal with my family tonight and told them about the TR24... I think they thought I was actually clinically insane. So at least if I get stitched up into doing an Ultra, it will come as no surprise to them!

• Every one has a story and its truly amazing to hear yours!!!!!....well done you....inspirational....the power of the mind always amazes me!!....You son and wife must be so proud of you...!!!.....

Thought of trail walker as an alternitive to an ultra...??? looks incredible....!!....Or both!!!!......x

• Whoo hooo bring on the TR24!!!

• Thanks Mel, that's so sweet image  But honestly, I'm not a patch on you in the inspiration stakes!!

Would love to follow your progress all the way if you get through - not long to wait now!

I reckon I could manage both lol - honestly, this whole experience has left me so enthused for everything even vaguely running-related, I reckon I could do every event on the calendar haha

• Tigs - bring it on!

Bagsy Tigs on my team everybody...

ps Tigs, drew a pic you might like...

/members/images/744786/Gallery/Tigger.jpg

• oh oh oh thats awesome!!!  Yep team buddy!! just need another 6 who's with me and Bacon??? Bounce...bounce.. bounce...

p.s how long did the picture take to draw?

pps why were you drawing a picture of Tigger??

ppps did I say that I loved my picture of Tigger????

pppps 'TIGGERS LOVE TO BOUNCE!!!'

• Loving the photos. Its so nice to read about people on here. Obviously the medical bit caught my eye to. Having read about carcinoid tumours, ive never actually met anyone with one/whose had one before. I love to raise money for charity, I try to do it at least once a year (as any more often friends tend to walk in the opposite direction when they see you coming) image

• Tigs - actually drew that one a while back but thought you'd appreciate it image Doing a big mural in my impending niece/nephew's nursery very shortly so been digging through old pics with my sister and figured you might appreciate it image I won't expect royalties if you want to use it haha image

ps you might have mentioned that you love pictures of Tiggers... I thinkimage

• sarah osborne 4 wrote (see)

Loving the photos. Its so nice to read about people on here. Obviously the medical bit caught my eye to. Having read about carcinoid tumours, ive never actually met anyone with one/whose had one before. I love to raise money for charity, I try to do it at least once a year (as any more often friends tend to walk in the opposite direction when they see you coming) image

Yes, they are not common apparently (though I'm sure you know much, much more than I do on the subject!). Luckily for me, for some reason it was causing me some pain and they thought it was appendicitis, then they didn't, then they did - spent two days in hospital then got sent home, went back again three weeks later and spent three days on a ward with each shift of surgeon changing their mind or not as to whether to operate or not...

They eventually did (I think just to prove, by that point, that I was malingering!) and by chance found the tumour, so the operation was... a little more invasive than first planned!

I know what you mean about fund-raising! Think my friends are sick of me metaphorically rattling the collection pot by now! Who have you raised for?

• Awesome drawing Steve! And Tigger certianly likes it judging by the amount of bouncing going onimage

MelanieJayne - I was looking at Trailwalker too but from a runing point of view. I think you have to pay about £400 to enter but betwwen 4 of you that shouldn't be too terrible ... Might be interesting!

• RRR - Aw thanks image only a pencil sketch tho - the paintings are better!!

• Just want to point out that if anyone notices that #AFewGoodBacon is trending on Twitter, it's nothing to do with me, promise.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

loved your drawing of tigger!

• So what are your last minute tactics to get some votes in then? image
  • Good Morning Bacon!

We want to see photographic evidence of the paintings! 

• Green and white tigger wrote (see)

Good Morning Bacon!

We want to see photographic evidence of the paintings! 

We want pics!image

• RunnyRunRun wrote (see)
    So what are your last minute tactics to get some votes in then? image

Hmm... not sure... how about a new campaign slogan?

"#TargetFreeMincePies", "Will strip for votes" or "Vote Steve Or I'll set my sister on you" (she's six months pregnant and rather hormonal)

• Bit of a random assortment, but you did ask:

/members/images/744786/Gallery/Four_Arms.jpg

Four Arms from Ben 10...

/members/images/744786/Gallery/Powerpuff_girls.jpg

The Powerpuff Girls (!)

• /members/images/744786/Gallery/South_Park.jpg

A massive 8ft South Park mural I was asked to do...

/members/images/744786/Gallery/Never_Forget.jpg

Um... an elephant...!

• /members/images/744786/Gallery/Abstract.jpg

Someone asked me to do them "something abstract". I obliged.

/members/images/744786/Gallery/Chicken_Little.jpg

Me if I get chosen to go to Paris!

• I like them! image

How about #ParisNeedsBacon ?image

• wow they are wicked!! Fancing doing spiderman on Olivers wall??

loving the #ParisNeedsBacon!!

• Tigs - I'd love to image and while I'm up your way, guess we might as well go and run a race!

RRR - looks like #ParisNeedsBacon is the winner!

• OMG, your pictures are amazing. Im loving the South park and Steve going to Paris ones, your really talented image

That was so lucky that they removed your appendix and found it. You probably know far more than me about that kind of tumour. Due to them being quite rare I would need to read up on them. My brain can only take so much, the rest is filled up with blondness and running! image

Ive just noticed they have christmas faces now aswell!

I tend to raise money for a few charities and dont have a specific one. Ive raised alot for Marie Curie with collection tins, name the bear, abseil down hallamshire hospital, zip slide and absail at bramall lane etc. I did my first 10 k for macmillan. I did a sky dive for cystic fibrosis after working with someone with the condition, I did my first half for BHF (as my husband department at work was trying to raise money for a new echo machine) and then I did London for help the hospices. I also try and buy things from charity magazines eg christmas cards and decorations, calendars etc and their raffle tickets. Ive just bought some tickets to go on a steam train (to raise money for York against cancer) for me, my OH and both my parents. Its supposed to have been used in Harry Potter, I cant wait! image

• Sarah it will take you to gothland station that was the harry potter station and home of Heartbeat!

• Hey tigger its on the 30th of December so im hoping and prayer that the weather holds out! image

• Wow, thanks Sarah image Yeah, the South Park one was fun to do - took a while though! lol

I know - so, so lucky! From what they told me, it is usually symptomless and you only know about it once it has start causing major probs... Haha well you can't be expected to remember everything!! It just amazes me how much you have to know to do your job. (I can't find the christmas smilies!)

You've done an amazing amount for charity! I'm the same in that I don't have one specific charity - I've raised money for GOSH, Cancer Research UK (obviously!), Havens Hospices...

Bramall Lane as in Sheffield United? image

Train ride sounds great - enjoy!

• Brrrrr! SO cold!! So ... if you win what are you going to do to change running for the better for the rest of us?