ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• I wonder if your granola bars are like my turbo flapjacks - magic!image

I quite often get comments when I am out running - or sometimes 'youts' in hoodies joining in for a few meters. The funniest is that on several occasions when I've been running with my lovely training partner and we have had vans pull up slowly behind us. No doubt to say something lewd. But when they draw alongside and look back at our haggard sweating faces they shoot off (once with comedy squealing tyres). Clearly I look much younger and attractive from the back! Ha ha! That'll learn 'em!image

RRR - I think you were in the last group doing the time trial last week. It was quite tough and all the nervous energy of the day was really wearing! It makes such a difference when people shout their support at track I try to do the same and I also cheer in the last runners in a race (unless I'm the last!).image

• The carrot missile is still making me chuckle!image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

My recipe is on my thread EmmaC, but I imagine they v similar magic!  I've also had the dubious pleasure of wolf whistles as vans approach from behind... then fade as they draw alongside!!!

• Sarah......your OH doesn't like to protect your car? He doesn't like adventure holidays? I take it his redeeming factor is buying those huge Sunday Roasts for you image

Malcs.....I must be the only person on here who doesn't have the any Xmas smilie choices when I write a message........who dears to Bah Humbug my Xmas spirit!

• Don't worry Ady I haven't got the option as well, its a conspiracy! I'm emailing RW to complain. 

Still i've put the christmas lights up outside tonight. I believe they are visable from space!

• Malcs -  I have to say that the 'CarrotGate' incident has gone down very well at work and at home. Although I think you should get a photo posted of the mark it left.

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

I'm popping in in the middle of all your conversations to say a quick HI before I go crash soon-ish.

I had a FAB day thank you all of you for your well wishes. We're on the home stretch now, finish line in sight and the crowd support and loud speakers are getting noisier. Malcs no loud hailer for me today image.

Flying missiles... I had a flying puppy.... I was once running in a group of about 10 people and I had a very large bouncy puppy sniff me out and playfully chased after me, jumping up & nipping a hole in my shorts at the back. Thankfully the hole wasn't too big!

Boys... there's been some interesting posting of late... you know who you are image

Jen, A.W, Andrew and Marcus, all the very, very, very best for tomorrow. It's been difficult competing with all of you being new found friends now I hope image.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    CaroT wrote (see)

Boys... there's been some interesting posting of late... you know who you are image

He's not called Shady Ady for nothing!

Reg - I honestly thought it was going to be permanent. Luckily I'd had a skinfull so the pain was numbed considerably. Otherwise I would have had to call an ambulance. Can you imagine? "You were struck by a what sir?" ... "Right...have you had a drink this evening sir?"

Ady - strange, they are all there, honest! image

• Reg....do you think we could ask RW Towers for a voting extension seeing we can't make our posts as colourful and festive as everyone else!?

Malcs........I'm not sure that winky smiley face was meant for me image I think you'll find I have been offering nothing but solid running advice all day long?

• Carol....I hope you had a quality birthday.....any running related presents?

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    LOL Reg - a medium for me please image
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    that is brilliant reg. ..class!
  • CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Shady I got some very cool "Illuminating light up shoe laces"... pics on my blog...

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Brilliant Reg. I was very, very close to calling my forum name CarroT LOL!!!!!!!!

• These are only available in XL but I may be able to get a technical one. Orders taken soon.

• Reg......highly amusing! 

• Reg- magic! Have they got a large head hole?

Off to bed, looking forward to dreams of Asics 26.2 as expected for last week image

Best of luck to Sarah, Paul and Tamsin- only one will get through but you are all equally deserving and I will back whoever gets it.

This applies to everyone- we are all winners to get through this far, and hope every one feels richer for the experience- certainly I do image

Kids nativity tomorrow- ziggy stardust style as all angels are dressed as astronaughts! Will post pics if allowed
  • Well said Clive, all the very best tomorrow to you also and to Tasmin and Sarah. And to everyone else in the other catagories.

The best thing is 5 of us are going to be winners and all as deserving as the other.

I'm still going to do a marathon on April 7th even if I don't get through I'll do the Blackpool Marathon instead so at least I can say there will definitely be a tower involved.

Q: What's orange and sounds like a Parrot?
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Well said Clive.

Ady, Reg and Martin, wish you all the best! RW weren't interested in my four legged race idea so I guess one of us will have to do it alone. Reg if it's you I expect that T-shirt to make an appearance in one of the vids!

Sleep well tonight all because you won't be sleeping tomorrow!image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    CaroT wrote (see)

Brilliant Reg. I was very, very close to calling my forum name CarroT LOL!!!!!!!!

Brilliant - make it happen! image

• Well it's the final night and I've not been able to chat with you guys or campaign as I got called into work! image wishing all of you guys the best of luck. X
  • Sills - Ref 3 Peaks sounds great,I have run down Ben Nevis following the trip to Skye that I eluded to, we had 5 days on Skye where walked/scrambled a Munrow every day by mid point we were so exhausted but by the end of the trip felt so fit hence we did Ben Nevis in record time overtaking loads on the way up and on the way downimage

The Welsh 3000's looks stunning 14 peaks record around 4 hours 22 min love it up that way Glyder etc

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Ooooh eeek Malcs. I can't usually resist a dare but now that I'm on editing "My Details" page to change my forum name to CarroT.... I'm wondering if it will nullify all CaroT's votes.......... how funny would that be???? image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Blimey, no leave it - step away from the ok button!

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭
    I think I'm still coming up as CaroT? I'd have to find humour in it after all we've been through & the sleepless nights image
  • I'm in complete agreement with what's been said above and started by Clive, good luck everyone no matter what, I will be supporting and following those that get through.

CarroT, I love it,x
  • As above, Good Luck everybody, only 12 hours of voting left and then just the final wait to go. Roll on Thursday.
  • Wide awake thinking of the result.... Soooo hoping I'm one of the chosen ones but I think you all deserve it. Good night guys! X