Wednesday 12th December 2012

Morning froma very cold and frosty West of Scotland. Thick frost outside.

Todays lyrics:Go to my head.Make me forget that I, still need her so

Yesterdays lyrics:' It's only rock and roll' by The Rolling Stones.

What:4M Steady

Why:Legs are a bit tight.On feet and  been clearing out old files etc at work most of last few days and continue till end of week

Just got Victoria Pendletons autobiograpghy from library so gonna start reading that today.

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

Cold here but to - not fore cast to get above freezing all day.

Blisters - it will come.

Half day OH?

What:           threshold turbo
    Why:            it's all about the bike
    Last hard:    2/12
    Last rest:     1/12

Lyrics - not doing very well lately.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    lyric - seem naggingly familiar...
    managed to go for a run yesterday lunchtime despite feeling bunged up and 'throaty'
    5 miles along the Thames, patchy ice in the shade on the Southbank, but lovely sun on the return along Embankment. Fairly zippy too at around 7min/miling.
    Today - an easier run, 5-6 miles
    why - won't be beaten by the nose and throat
    last hard - yesterday
    last rest - monday

light dusting of snow on the ground when I left the house this morning too!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

More snow here overnight too, washing froze on the line :S
    What: Resting and working from home
    Why: Recovering
    Lyrics: nope

OH it wasn't techinically a sick day as I was working from home.  Just as bad though, it's not a proper "day off", though I do normally use the chance to get in a quick run.
    Dustin hope you're feeling better soon.
    Birks What does Geordie make of the snow?

Keep warm everyone image

• Morning! 12.12.12: surprised we didn't get the Twelth of Never or something, but given how I felt first thing this morning due to last night's excesses today's lyrics are appropriate. (Tired, hadn't eaten, a few glasses = headache! Now gone thankfully!). Hope that there's enough clues there!

What: a walk later, plus stretches, plus lots of housework
    Why: one of my friends that I used to share a house with is coming over from Australia having emigrated 30 years ago. Wonder if he will still have his Scottish accent?! Was a reasonable marathon runner (2:22 ish...I'll check) but was only 5th or 6th best in our club and outside the UK top 50. Wonder where that would place him now? He is staying for about a week which, to be honest, I could do without, but given that he put my daughter and boyfriend up in Aus I can hardly refuse. 

Back later.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Ale hope you feel better soon!  It's nice having guests, but they can stay too long...hope it's ok!

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

Lyrics - no, but recognised from google. Very appropriate to ALeH's fragile state.

Dustin - The Embankment's a good place to run at lunchtime. In 1972-4 I worked at the MoD and used to run from Whitehall up to Battersea Park during my lunchtime and also had Green Park and St James Park on the doorstep too.

Bitterly cold here on the Flatlands today but no wind thankfully.

Last night's club run was about 8M with extended efforts (800m+) at 10k pace. Felt unexpectedly smooth and comfortable though hamstring a bit tight towards the end. This morning was an easy 6M which was slightly more uncomfortable than of late. Notwithstanding that, as long as I'm sensible, I think its manageable and together with lots of stretches and self massage will settle down - hence no further mention of the offending muscle will be madeimage

Right, off to try and get warm.
  • What: nothing
    Why: working and on call
    Last Hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: no

Last party of the season tomorrow - meal out with JS runners group (after short run)

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

no for me onthese lyrics too, should have known yesterdays though

dustin - nice one

what:rowing, weights planks am - 3 miles easy later

why: schedule

last hard: last nights club run

last easy: monday

I had a great run last night and have lost another half pound this week, 13.5lbs gone now, so close to the stone...

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Lyrics: Nope
    What: TKD
    Why: It's Wednesday
    Last Hard: I'm sure that was Sunday
    Last Rest: Last Thursday

Fragile this morning due to overindulgence in red wine and wisniowka

• Not the best timing from your guests Alehouse.

Good news Tom.

Excellent weight loss Wabo.

• Wabo, I know where that weight has gone. I'm looking after it for you.

Foggy last night and bitterly cold. Up at 0600 and still minus 2 and foggy.
    My drive into deepest darkest rural Wales was horrid. 2h 20m for a mere 70 miles. Good job that I brought an overnight bag "just in case". Got to Powys, the fog cleared and the temperature plumetted to minus 6. I'm absolutely "tired out" and have got a couple of hotel nights now.  OK, I've brought my running kit. But it's darker than a dragon's lair and definitely time to claim payback on all the athleticism. I feel the distinct NEED to fall asleep with a pint of real ale in front of a roaring fire. Good food would be in order too.

• Hope you get the food and the fire Blisters!

• Straycelt: if you had red wine you should know the lyrics!

Much warmer here on the north west: up to zero!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

what - 14km in rhe icy night
    why - club run
    Last Hard - Sat
    Last Rest - Mon

Lyrics No

Take care