Options

Vote Sarah in GFA - previously lardy girl does good! ;)

Comments

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Sarah - congratulations on breaking the 150 barrier for your thread!

Only an hour or so left until they close the polling stations and you can get some rest! image

Very best of luck to you!

• Options

RRR - not today :/ still recovering from the stomach bug... reckon I can brave a quick one tomorrow! How about you? Sounds like you might need it after the lunchimage

Malcs - flown past, hasn't it?? Can't believe we're there already...

Really hope you two get through!

• Options
    Thanks Malcs ... Hadn't noticed!! Been so busy dreaming about those mince pies! image

Rest? ... Isn't that for the weak?image What's the next challenge??! image

Has been great chatting to you - wishing you the best of luck and will hopefully see you in London on Sundayimage
  • Options
    Good luck Runny, nearly there!
  • Options
    CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

All the very, very best of luck my dear RRR. I think you are just FAB and with such a great sense of homour image. You have done so well and achieved so much already! Thank you for your comments and support over the past week on my blog page. Lots and lots of love, CarroT

• Options
    You too Sill! image The final countdown!! Look forward to speaking to you on the other side of the deadline! image

Have you any fingernails left? I haven't!! image
  • Options
    CaroT,

It's been so much fun already and we've only known each other 2 weeks!! Think what a blast we'll have in Paris!image Hee Hee ... Here's hoping!!

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress Mrs Super Speedy!! image Keep in touch!!
  • Options
    Morning Bacon Steve!

Glad you're all better and I hope you haven't thrown up on anything important. Like trainers or garmin!image

I'll be off out for a run later - I'm hoping the frost stays around as its so beautiful here!
  • Options

Haha, my thoughts are if we aim for a sub 19, we will easily get a sub 20 !!!! I may be delusional though.

How about the pink socks for the prize? image

I was thinking maybe we could have those that get through to the final 5 vs those that dont (depending on numbers) vs those who were in the comp last year at the TR24 or is that too competitive?

Hope you had a good run today and didnt need the skates. Good luck over the next 24 hours,x

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Hi RRR, sorry not had as much time to chat as I'd wished with you. Good luck. I look forward to reading of your continuing escapades whatever the outcome! image

• Options

Best of luck triple R - really, really hope you get it and go all the way to Paris! Bring me back some nice French wine image

• Options

Sarah - Well ... I think I’m going to aim for sub-20 first ... I’ve got a minute and a half to knock off of there ... then I will most certainly be joining you on the sub-19 thread ... or I’ll chase you down yet!! image Pink socks for the prize? Well I understand you’ve got a birthday coming up ...image Ooh what a fab idea! Final 5 Vs bootcampers 2011 Vs bootcampers 2012! ... I’m probably going to be entering as a pair though so can I add my average time ... or quickest laps to the bootcampers 2012 tally?

Jenf - Hi Jen! It's been a mad whirl this week, hasn't it! It was fab having a chat to you at bootcamp though ... I'm STILL gutted I missed out on those granola bars!! image

Bacon Steve - Likewise! A bottle of red, please! image And a pic of your medal!

• Options

So ... what exactly do I do now?image

... is this the calm before the storm?

• Options

And some croissants... don't forget to bring me some croissants... image

• Options
    Yum! I'm starving! Just driven home but off to a pantomime tonight so haven't got time for tea yet! Mmm ... And now I'm thinking about croissants!! image

So what do you reckon? Are we all going to sleep better tonight??!
  • Options

im sure we can work something out for the TR24 image

Hope you have fun at the pantomime (what are you going to see) ?image

• Options
    RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

Sarah - I *knew* it! You ARE trying to kill me! OK ... sub 20 with intention of turning the thread into a sub-19 when we've all achieved it! image

Tony's onthebeach - You're more than welcome! image Although I suspect you too may be fiendishly fast ... c'mon own up ... what's your 5k time?

Prizes include: glory and the chance to be smug! Oh and possibly a paper crown. (I'll save you the one from my cracker!)image

MMMmmmm RRR, Sarah and Steve loves bacon - I have just had a recap of my track 5k times from 2002 and I did 16:17 but then get s worst in 1999 I did 15:43, but the good news is I did 19:32 at Bootcamp, so does this mean I can't join? It was a life time ago!

• Options

RRR - love that you're drinking redimage

I've also just worked out how to go sub 20... Get a piggy-back from Tony!

• Options
    Haha, I like your way of thinking steve!

My 5k PB was on the track at BC as I've only run that distance once. Think they said I came in at 20:28.... Or was it 20:21....I have it written down upstairs.

Tony you are more than welcome to join....we can get tips from you!!
  • Options

Sarah - Went to Sleeping Beauty ... must have seen at least 10 minutes ... and at most 15. The 3 year old was NOT impressed when the evil fairy came on. I had to carry her out and bribe her with chocolate buttons. MY chocolate buttons. (Sulk) Mind, it was a bit scary. Especially the maniacal laughterimage

Tony - Wow!! You are SCARY quick! If you're joining the sub-20 thread we're making you HOP! There's no way the rest of us would be able to keep up otherwise!image But on the plus side ... fancy mentoring a group of bootcampers to a sub-20?image

Bacon Steve - I reckon that's a sound plan. Maybe THAT should be your handicap Tony - you have to carry Bacon Steve! ;)

• Options

Coach Tony... I like it image

• Options

RRR - I'm going to start eating extra bacon to slow him down...

• Options

So long as he doesn't turn into Drill Seargent Tonyimage

• Options

"Right you 'orrible lot! Get down and give me 50!"

I can see it now...image

• Options

But ... if it gets us to sub-20 ...! image No pain ... no gain and all that... plus with all this additional training, I reckon that means additional cake! Woo woo!image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

I reckon if they said today run a sub 20 and you are in they would have 21 people that would do it - and RunRickyRun would probably break the world record!!!image

• Options

DS2 - Ha ha! I think you're right! Just need the right incentive at the end!!  Add a pack of mince pies and I reckon I might be able to join Sarah's sub-19 thread ... image

So ... any luck finding neon earmuffs? image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    Well done Sarah on getting through. You'll be great fun to follow. Have a great day Sunday and enjoy every minute.
  • Options

DS2 - Thank you very much. I'm so sorry we couldn't both have made it to the final 5. I've had such a lot of fun chatting to you and having a laugh with you on here.

p.s. I'll be very peeved if I don't see a pic of your dog wearing pink socks now ... image

• Options

Congratulations sarah, im so happy for you, I will be following your jorney over the next 4 months image