asics target 26.2 vote Jenny

13»

Comments

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Hope you didn't cheat n use those back muscles!!  I'm still struggling with that, its ok when I first start, but as I tire the back muscles kick in.

I'm out for a run after work tonight, just an easy hour planned.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Tigger - feel for you. That has to be the worst named piece of equipment ever. There is nothing midicinal about it. It's more likely to crush you to death than provide any form of healing benefit. 

Jen - I still haven't got the hang of that 'bridge' exercise they showed us. For me the muscles in that area are so under used that without the back doing it's fair share of the work the whole structure is in danger of immediate collapse. 

Enjoy your run this evening!

• Now the bridge, I am ok with that I think the years of horse riding has helped! God knows how but I'll claim that anyhow!

Really buzzed and ready for tonights run!! question is do I stop for a pint after or a cup of tea?!? 

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

It was a v v cold run... but I just love peeping into houses as I run by at christmas, I love seeing all the trees n decorations, I'm now feeling v christmassy, so its a cup of tea for me (its a school night) n write my christmas cards.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    how was your run tiger? cup or pint? ?
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    good morning.

good luck everyone today. I don't envy the RW team having to choose the final 5.
  • CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

The very best of luck jenf image. xoxoxox 

• At this point, with only 45mins of voting left to go I would like to say how proud I am of my mum Jenf for getting up to this point. She is such an inspirational woman not only within her running, but as a business women, mother and wife, and has really encouraged me in everything I do. She brings this aspect of herself into her running and if she was to win I am sure she would inspire many other to run in the same way she has inspired and helped me. xx

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

And she can power squat, which is just something else!

Good luck Jen - and may the power of granola be with you. With family support like that you can do anything!

Am I getting any work done today?  Answer: no.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Oh dear.. now a grown woman is v close to tears.... Thanks Charlie x

• Charlotte Fifield wrote (see)

At this point, with only 45mins of voting left to go I would like to say how proud I am of my mum Jenf for getting up to this point. She is such an inspirational woman not only within her running, but as a business women, mother and wife, and has really encouraged me in everything I do. She brings this aspect of herself into her running and if she was to win I am sure she would inspire many other to run in the same way she has inspired and helped me. xx

Hear hear image Hope you get through Jen, I'm really looking forward to seeing how you get on in Paris

Let's hope they don't make us wait too long for the decision! 

• Just thought I'd pop in to say best of luck for decision day on our group!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Thanks Caro, Malcs, steve, AW

I had a great run this eve, No idea how fast or how far, I just ran because I could, and because I enjoy it!

Thank you to everyone who has voted for me. Even if I get no further I have learnt a lot through this process. I have learnt a lot about running, and about myself. All good stuff to set me up for all the challenges I will set myself this year.

• oh bless your little lady.....!!!! we're all rooting for you jenny!!!!

• I'm hoping I'm still at the top of the list for a text??  I really hope you win! It was worth entering the competition for all the new people we have met! some we will continue to keep in contact with, some that we will still natter running with on the forums and some that we will see at various races! I hope to follow you all the way to Paris Buddy!!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

top of list tigger, along with my girls! x

• oh and no pint, Lime and soda, but did have a few pork scratchings! OMG do I ache today!!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Nice one! I'm suprisingly not aching after my heavy wts session on monday...maybe I can go heavier...image

• Not stopping me from going tomorrow!! image

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Jenf it has been so good chatting to you & getting to meet everyone on the forums. I really, really, really thought you were in with a very good chance to win. You are still going to have a very big following no matter what you do!

I loved reading your daughter's words above and I don't think there can be anything more rewarding for a mum to hear than love and appreciation from their children. I believe it's who you are as a person that matters and PB's are the cherry on the top of that... which you will be getting many more of very soon.

I hope I can try to stay in touch with you and follow your PB progress and give any (little) advice I can. Lots of love xox Caroline