ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Good luck to everyone, it's been interesting reading al your threads. I'm sure there were a coulpe that didn;t post at all?

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Got to get back to work now. Meet you all here this eve??

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Thanks KR - and thanks for starting this thread, it's become a great introduction to the forums for us all as well as our spirtiual home.

Jen - are we not all camping out here over night? Nobody is going to sleep anyway and Reg has promised to get his swingometer out.

• Malcs - WHAT is Reg getting out?! Sounds a bit risque! I'm not putting my car keys into any hat, thank you!image

KR - Yes, I thought there weren't 22 threads on the forum ... maybe 11 or 12 but I didn't think there were 22 ... maybe I didn't spot them in all of the excitement! image

• Malcs wrote (see)

Thanks KR - and thanks for starting this thread, it's become a great introduction to the forums for us all as well as our spirtiual home.

Jen - are we not all camping out here over night? Nobody is going to sleep anyway and Reg has promised to get his swingometer out.

I'm not alowed to use the homemade one due to a court injunction. Apparently it 'Wasn't appropriate'.   I'll pop out and see what I can find.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Reg - ha image yes - we want it all legal and above board!

RRR - I better clear this up before CarroT appears in knuckle wrapping mode. There was talk of an election night party - stay up and watch as the results come in. You really need to spend a bit more time on the forums and keep upimage

• Malcs - My bad image Must remember to use previous time allotted for sleep now on forums ... oh ... So when do I run?image

• Sat in a meeting for the past 3 hours talking about nipples, clamps and flanges (answers on a postcard to what industry I work in!) and was watching the clock meticulously.........what a pleasure it's been........well worth it for the experience gained. Thanks everybody.....

.....and Malcs, Reg and Martin (if you are still alive image)......thanks very much for the honest, friendly spirit........I'll be more than happy whoever wins.......not a single negative feeling had in all of this, and my full support will be behind whoever wins!

Now back to those nipples, clamps and flanges!

• Ady - Engineering!! We've got a similar product catalogue on t'other side of the business. They were talking about rods and twist on nipples earlier! image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Knight rider  - I think you are right. There do appear to be some that haven't posted at all and certainly a good few who haven't been on this thread. They haven't done themselves any favours but if i remember rightly you had the same with some of them not posting last year as well????

Do you think they have just changed their minds once they understood the reality of needing to put yourself out there for the next 4 months or so?

The biggest shame really is that we've all had a blast and feel like, if nothing else, we will have made some new running friends. They've missed out on that!

• RRR.....nailed it! If there was a prize for guessing the answer first, you'd be the winner!

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

knight rider - it looks like only 18 have posted. That means three haven't bothered. What a waste of a place!image

I'm sure there were three from bootcamp who would have jumped at the chance to get through and would have contributed fully to the forum experience.

Pity the three weren't in my category - I could have celebrated victory!!!image

• I have thought this a few times but thought I had just missed their posts!? What a wasted opportunity. Such a shame...

• DS2 wrote (see)

knight rider - it looks like only 18 have posted. That means three haven't bothered. What a waste of a place!image

I'm sure there were three from bootcamp who would have jumped at the chance to get through and would have contributed fully to the forum experience.

DS- couldn't have said it better myself. It is a shame for those who didn't get through

• Whose not posted a thread? I agree, what a waist of three places, unless they have a genuine reason for it image

Sorry Malcs I just couldnt resist!

Ive got to say Shady I wasnt thinking engineering! image

20 minutes until the start of clinic 3....been abit of a long day!!

• Joining a well populated Forum like RW did seem daunting, and I did lurk without posting a fair bit before making the shortlist.

But if I learn nothing else from this experience, at least I now know my pre-conceived ideas were completely false. It's a shame for those that didn't post, as they have missed out on a great opportunity.

• sarah osborne 4 wrote (see)

20 minutes until the start of clinic 3....been abit of a long day!!

Sarah, hats off to you- 3 clinics in a day- ooh that hurts. I have double maths (ie 2 clinics, all day) on a Thursday and it is only bearable 'cos I go for a run on my way back in the middle of the day

• DS2 wrote (see)

Pity the three weren't in my category - I could have celebrated victory!!!image

I too think it's a pity, although going into this I really had no experience of the forums or what a great community they represented and how integral they might be to this process. Perhaps the other guys just have a different view of the process and want to do it on their own terms.

Of course this is pure speculation, we may never know!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

evening all. Just back from lovely run (well I have showered aswell) I 've no idea how far or fast I ran this eve. I ran just because I could...and I enjoyed it!

I've got some serious reading  catch up to do on posts now..

• Ditto Jenf, been off here for a few hours and it seems an age has past!!!!!!

I'd second a few opinions on here, I was daunted by the thought of joining forums and held back a little, but I shouldn't have bothered everyone has been fantastic.........but the people in the sub 2:15 group think I'm taking the.....
  •  

Shady_Ady wrote (see)

past 3 hours talking about nipples, clamps and flanges (answers on a postcard to what industry I work in!)

I would have said you were a budding Christian Grey in the training especially with the Forum name of Shady Ady '50 shady ady greys' image

Not that I have read the books or have any clue what they are on about!!!image

As for those who have not been on the forums, more fool them! yes some of us who were unlucky and didn't get through would have embraced a thread with open arms! haha although you can't get rid of me that easily!! image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Jen - showering before posting? only goes to show what a true lady you are! I sometimes don't even shave before I post - disgraceful I know image.

Whilst I mostly agree with the sentiments shared so far I think our own Indiana McQueen makes a valid point. After all, some people may not be comfortable reeling off stories of naked bedroom encounters, humiliating pursuits by gangs of teenagers or late night strolls home under heavy vegetable fire. I think we have to respect that.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

phew.. that took me age to catch up.! I'm now wrapping xmas pressies and have my computer right next to me....

• Green and white tigger wrote (see)

I would have said you were a budding Christian Grey in the training especially with the Forum name of Shady Ady '50 shady ady greys' image

Not that I have read the books or have any clue what they are on about!!!image

We've got a book at work called '50 Sheds of Grey', Genius, I'm thinking of writing a sequel called '50 Spades of Grey', anyone know a good publisher? Or even a bad pne...

Malcs wrote (see)

Jen - showering before posting? only goes to show what a true lady you are! I sometimes don't even shave before I post - disgraceful I know image

One of the many benefits of cultivating a beard.image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

LOL - image nice rescue Indy!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

as a lady I was maintaining my dignified silence again about that comment!

• Tigger........so sorry to disappoint you.......RRR was spot on.......just the plain, old world of engineering.

Malcs.......I did try to go to work unshaven thinking I was pulling off the George Clooney look.......everyone said I looked more like George Michael.......designer stubble has been on the back burner ever since.

Also apologies if my naked bedroom and humiliating pursuit stories caused any offence, or images that can no longer be erased from memory. image

On a brighter note, I can finally see the new Xmas smilies when writing my messages!  image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Indy/Malcs/jenf - great banter! I hope they pick some of the witty writers. It will keep me entertained at least!image

Tigger - I knew you wouldn't stay away. Tomorrow, if we all find out, we should definitely try to get the 'failed forum'off the ground! What's all this 50 shades about then???image

• Been out for a run myself with the hope it would make me feel less anxious... Have to say I feel pretty much the same.... You guys do put a smile on my face though image