Running in California

I spent a week working in northern California. I did some runs before work on most days I was there. They are so incredibly lucky over there. I was running without gloves, a buff or my headband even at 5am. The trails I found on my last day were dry and did not leave me muddy. It was very hard to believe this was December!

I did a brief write up here: http://ninjakhan.co.uk/2012/12/11/a-week-in-california/

Check out the panoramic shot at the bottom of the post - there is a picture but also a 3d interactive thingy.

Comments

• Corr!  Northern California looks like Dartmoor/Wales/Scotland but without the rain/snow!  image

I know this was a busines trip, but it always makes me laugh when people seem bemused that I want to run when I'm on holiday, as if I'm taking work with me or something.  I remember a beautiful run I had a little further south than this, around San Franscisco Bay.  Best pre-breakfast run ever.

• I love running when I go away business or holiday (apart from Crete perhaps which was a bit hot even at 6am).

I also like muddy runs, but maybe thats just me.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    I've run on holiday in Luxor (Egypt across the Nile from the Valley of the Kings). Hot as hell, but the locals were fantastic - shouts, cheers and applause. I even had a guy riding along side on a cycle giving me encouragementimage

On the other hand......

I've run in Naples (Italy up the coast from Pompey). A filthy city - something to do with Mafia involvement in rubbish collection. I got hit by a moving van's wing mirror whilst running on the pavementimage
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    /members/images/493151/Gallery/New_Zealand_2011copy.png

New Zealand one year ago.

Freezing bollocks off now. Where's that wine? I'm going to drown myself!

🙂

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Great photo Ric. Did you know (you probable do!) that Peter Snell broke the world Mile record running on a grass track.
  • Wow, that picture has just made me really jealous! I love running abroad. Favourite still New York, worst was probably Rwanda - the heat and altitude really got to me, but I expect if I'd have had longer to adapt that would have been my favourite, because the trails are beautiful... just very hard work!