Options

ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Poor show if that's the case but doesn't altogether surprise me. Lets hope it's sooner rather than later.
  • Options

Glad to see that its as busy as ever on here. I was going to ask how everyone was coping...but by the looks of the thread....it doesnt look good!  image

DS2 you must be made of steel. We had freezing fogg, ice and it was -3 this morning. I was feeling all sorry for myself driving to work, unable to feel my fingers, and then I saw a farmer jump out of his tractor and into a field....I then started to think to myself how lucky I am that I work in a heated surgery and have central heating at home. image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Yes - Sarah - there is always someone worse off than ourselves! I have realised this week that if I didn't put my running kit on first thing I'd be less inclined to go out during the day after sitting in my warm office and my secretary making me hot tea all day!image

I must say though, that I ran the second rep without my gloves on and the tips of my fingers were blue at the end of it so they went straight back on for the last two. It was cold though and after every rep it was hard to stay warm and I had to ease into each rep to get the legs going properly again.I ran with leggings and two thermal tops!!! What a lightweight!

You running today?

• Options
    Hi guys, how's every one holding up? Eased the tension with my long run this morning after an early start at work, got 15 in with 3 at MP. Can't feel my hands now!
  • Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

I've just realised that while I was showering after my run there were about two pages of posts on here. Sorry if it looks like I completely ignored them.

seren/Minni/Tigger  - thanks for your continued interest!image

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

maybe this waiting is Victors test of our mental strength. ( image ha ha even I managed to sneak into office for a sneaky peak at my phone!! )

• Options
    Yes I emailed Katie , poor thing, I didn't mean to pester her but the suspense is killing me! I'm trying to forget about it at work and really shouldn't be on here right now but it's very difficult! Aw I'm so impressed with your run this morning, 15 miles before work! Hardcore!
  • Options

Congratulations to the lucky 5!!! I'll be right behind you all

• Options

Brrr! Blue fingertips??! DS2 - Respect!

• Options
    Just got my email, unfortunately I didn't make the grade, good luck to those still waiting, might be worth checking your inbox.
  • Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    Well done to the successful 5. Gutted I didn't make it but right behind you. Good luck!
  • Options
    I've just heard I didn't make it either - cant wait to find out who did and I fully support them! Well done everyone for making it this far!!
  • Options

Steve, alex/AW, RRR, Melanie J, and Ady- WELL DONE!!! All the very best of luck to all of you. Really deserve it image

commiserations to the rest of us, we all did well to get this far, and certainly I feel better for the experience. got loads of advice, and some new friends- hopefully we'll all stay on the forums

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Andrew, I think I feel the most gutted for you. Of all of us you needed some good news. But you'll get there matey - with the speed you have you will definitely get there.

Totally with you Clive. It's a great relief to know the result - an excellent 5 who couldn't deserve it more.

In my group I have to say a huge congratulations to Slim Shady. Really enjoyed your stories and you've kept me laughing along when the nerves have been rattling. You're a top guy and I will be tuned to your thread from now until Paris. 

All of you have been brilliant - I wish you all the best for the journey ahead.

...now where did I put those kleenex...image 

• Options
    CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

An amazing WELL DONE to the Steve, Alex, RRR, Melanie & Ady, & especially a massive well done to Alex / A.W in my group! You have all been such fab contenders and very worthy winners! I'll be following you all closely xox CarroT image

• Options

Right thats it i'm not reading RW anymore and they can stick thier Asics shoes up their ......!  Only Joking.

Well done Ady, RRR, AW, Melanie J and Steve.  Now the fun starts.

Ady can I send my t-shirt to you so you can change it for a large on sunday.

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to say a special well done to RRR from my category. Yours is a great story, now finish it off with that GFA time. Comiserations to Sills and Tony.
  • Options

Isn't Ady in a meeting til lunch. Think its a bit off to find out your in after everybody else!

• Options

I didnt make it either image

who made it out of our group, was it paul?

Congratulations to all those that got through, I will be supporting you all the wayimage

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

congratulations Adrian, sarah, alex, steve n mel. look forward to following your progress.

• Options
    It seems the cats out of the bag!

I don't know what to say, I'm so excited but at the same time feel gutted for everyone who didn't get through. Thank you to everyone for making the last week such a good one!

RRR, Ady, Melanie J and Steve well done to you and looking forward to meeting you properly this weekend!
  • Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Reginald wrote (see)

Right thats it i'm not reading RW anymore and they can stick thier Asics shoes up their ......!  Only Joking.

Well done Ady, RRR, AW, Melanie J and Steve.  Now the fun starts.

Ady can I send my t-shirt to you so you can change it for a large on sunday.

LOL Reg image 

Sarah - Mel got through from your group. I think yours was possibly the toughest group of all. Must have been a very difficult call for them.

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Reg - I'm sure they will have got hold of Ady before making this all public. If not, I think that knowing last won't take too much of the shine off image

• Options

Mel wasnt in my group though, was only me paul, clive and tamsin!??

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Oh - it says she was in the busy lifestyle on the winners page but you'll know much better than me. Ah, maybe that's what they meant in the email by juggling the categories around. If that's the case...hmm.

• Options
    sarah osborne 4 wrote (see)

Mel wasnt in my group though, was only me paul, clive and tamsin!??

Mel was in as first timer in the vote.

I assume being too busy to post meant the category was changed.  Cough.

• Options

Really don't think changing the category is a fair thing to do!  what is the point of category's in the first place?? 

Well done all of you but especially Bacon!!

• Options

Congrats to those who made it. Some of us who didn't make it last year are still together on Auvoir Paris come and join us for a run, chat etcimage