Thursday 13th December 2012

Morning, just!

Lyrics: Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing...

This number was played at last Friday's funeral as the friend being celebrated went by this name. Would have made him a good ring tone! Was rather surprised to see who wrote it.

What: not sure, but probably a walk in the morning. Exhausted!
Why: Scottish friend from Australia has already exhausted me, and he's only been here a few hours! "Need to do this, need to see so and so". Introduced him to some friends in the pub and they have gone for a lie down!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Love this song.

I feel exhausted too, from the heat and shopping!

What: No run, just shopping with daughter and gdaughters.

It's always hot for us when it is cold for you guys. I feel sorry for all the NZ Santas - they must get so hot in all their get-up!

• Morning

Coolish by Dubai standards 19C on way to work.

What: swim
    Why: Thursdays I swim as its good recovery from Wednesdays Speed Work
    Last Hard: Last nights 12 x 400 off 45 secs & Xmas shopping on Tuesday
    Last Rest: Saturday

Lyrics: Oh yes 

• Morning some snow fallen overnight, not alot though

Yesterdays lyrics: Red, Red wine by UB40.

What:5M fartlek

Why: Thuursday usual session.

catch up time nowimage

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all, 
    lyric - no idea
    Wabo - super work with the pound shedding!
    what - 6 or 7 with some tempo stuck in there
    why - cold but beautifully crisp today
    technical Friday for me, using up last few days entitlement. So off tomorrow and monday. Expect longer runs and later posts!!

• Morning.

Should have got yesterday's lyrics.

Nice to see you NZC. You talking about warm Santa's reminds me of my trip to Oz in 2009.

Alehouse - can you use your recent op as a reason to facilitate rather than do with them?

It's going to be another superfurrywarm tights day here.

What:             MLR/lunch with friend
    Why:              using leave/using the calories
    Last hard:       2/12
    Last rest:        1/12

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning! In the final throws of my project at work so haven't been checking in as much. Nearly there though!
    What: ~7k yesterday. Ran my Home Run route - even though the scheme's on hold at the moment, the lead runner has kept it going so there were four of us. 
    Why: I'm battling to get runs in this month. Looking forward to getting many more in over the festive period!
    Last hard: Yesterday.     
    Last rest: Monday.
    LMH I've got superfurrywarm tights on today as well. The library I work in is COLD!

• I like the sound of superfurrywarm tights image

Very busy at work yesterday but I got myself a day off today coz I worked like a slave image. Flexitime has a lot going for it.

I could have gone xmas shopping but as we had another load for fresh snow I opted for a long offroad run instead. Hard work but beautiful and rewarding. Apparently warmer weather is on its way and the winter wonderland is going to melt at the weekend. It means running will become easier again but I'm also a bit sad to see it go. It could have stayed like that at least until Christmas!

I know the lyrics image

• Afternoon (just)!

What: 5.5k walked with friends
    Why: one of the friends is just recovering from heart surgery (2;26 marathoner) plus my Aussie/Scot 2:22 visitor. Looked a little like a scene from "Last of the Summer Wine"! Crisp and cold, but bright sunshine. Bit of a shock to the visitor from afar: two days ago it was 28 centigrade: today it was 28 fahrenheit.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lyrics oh yes!

ooh alehouse your guest sounds full of energy!

gg I am cold inmy office too, glad your project is coming to an end

oh dear birkmyre, how did I not know the lyrics yesterday!

nzc, cannot wait to be with my daughter and gdaughter again!

what: 3 miles in 28.50, was supposed to be 30 mins

why: schedule, although I do not know if I have a vlm place till tuesday

last hard: this morning

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon

It is as PhilPub and my late FiL used to say "tates" out their, so well done you hardy souls!

Lyrics - yes. Better known for the "cover version" but I prefer Dylan's effort - how about you BR? Also on the subject of music, as I type this, itunes Genius has just delivered the psychedelic classic "I had too much to dream last night" by the Electric Prunes, who got a mention on Channel 4 News last night (Ravi Shankar obituary)

Anyway back to running: 7.9M steady this morning. One of those "any mile run is a good mile" efforts*. I guess there'll be quite a few of these before winter's over.

* a slighty more laid back version of "as much easy running as you can cope with"

Lots of talk of daughters and gdaughters - me too come Christmas and New Year.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Evening all

What: resting, sigh
    Why: still mending, nearly fainted twice in the shower last night so taking it easy.  Did manage a day of work in the office today though image
    Lyrics: yes

Wabo well done on the weight loss, especially as it's so cold!
    Ale don't overdo it.

As Chicka says, winter wonderland is meant to melt here at the weekend.  It's a shame coz it's pretty, but on the other hand, it'll be nice to see temperatures above freezing! 

Have a good one all.

• What Appetiser run
    Why: before runners group meal out
    Why not: icy ++ on rods and paths

• 5 and a bit done. Less icy than this morning.

No shooting stars seen

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

lyrics yes (i think so)

What - 4.25m easy
    Why - As above - easy
    Last Rest - Mon
    Last hard - Sat

Take care

• Of all the posts, I think that Tom has it stitched. Any mile run is better than one driven. Personally, I remain in the land of darkness and dragons, accompanied by unused running kit. Chatted up the chef so we could decide what he was cooking for my tea.

He had sausage sandwiches and tomato ketchup.
    I had pate & home made onion chutney, followed by partridge with kale and parsnip, roast potatoes in goose fat and a jus. I was uninspired by dessert, but spied home made cheesecake in the fridge.
    A log fire, a half decent book and a peated Welsh whisky saw my evening out.

Tomorrow is for training.

Lyrics? Yes, but can't remenber much more than the quoted lyric and the title (unquoted).