ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Brilliant Malcs. The new double act!

For the record I am not follically challenged or Bald, I am just too tall for my hair. If I was 5ft 6ins I would have a lovely full head of wavey hair.

• Malcs.....as we don't live too far apart, you can take the informative critique one stage further.........how about joining me on my long runs on your bike with a bag of Morrisons (other supermarkets are also acceptable) £1 value carrots. If I'm not performing to your high expectations, launch one at me from close range......it shouldnt take too many carrots in the eye before realising I need to step it up a notch!

Malcs wrote (see)

What happens? The hairyest of the lot got through. I'll be changing tack completely next year.

I'm also worried that if people see this comment, they will think I'm a mature silverback gorilla masquerading as a runner.

I shaved my head once and looked like malteser, so for the sake of my marriage, I'm not sure if I'd dare do this again.

Seren Nos...to answer your questions in order: 11:30-6.20 (11:30-8 on weekends), currently everything, a sunset orange (oooooh.....that's not healthy) image

Tenjiso....I see you somehow managed to get a copy of my application form image

Steve....I promise to come clean shaven on Sunday......I dont want the whole of the running world thinking i'm a George Michael lookalike! 

• Congratulations to the Famous Five, can I call them that? Is it Trademarked? Will be great to see how you all get on.

I shall be cheering myself up with a belated Birthday meal and a trip to see The Hobbit.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

image Ady - So that's a kind of carrot and stick but with the carrot acting as the stick? I like it, book me in!

Malteser image.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Reginald wrote (see)

For the record I am not follically challenged or Bald, I am just too tall for my hair. If I was 5ft 6ins I would have a lovely full head of wavey hair.

• Just wanted to pass on my congrats to the final 5, really pleased for you all, can't wait to follow the adventure you have ahead of you.

I'll be with you all the way!
  • End of double maths and drive home in freezing fog. Off on Xmas night out- now I know don't have to start training next week might have a couple of shandys image

Will catch up tomorrow, well done again to the Steve, RRR, AW, Ady and Melanie
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Hello....anyone there...hello?

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

seems everyone has run out of energy Malcsimage

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

LOL - I think if there was going to be a night that this thread was going to have a rest then it's tonight image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Yes mate. I was hoping the winners would be on here and we could have a laugh with them. I feel really cool about it tonight. It really helped what the sub 3:15 boys and girls had to say. I'm going to encourage sarah osbourne 4 to get on there as well. I know that Clive and you will stay in touch through that. Sarah will get loads of advice from the likes of Speedy, Minni. Jools, Freemers.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Oh, I wasn't expecting anyone here tonight - hence my initial post image

I think you surely have to either be out celebrating if you won or having a rest if you didn't. Hmm, not sure where that puts us two image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

For sure SO4 has to pop in there. Anyone else who's not ventured further than this thread should do that too. I've had so much help already, it's quite amazing.

I'm definitely going to pitch for the Forum Six too. I better get moving on that or I'll miss the deadline!

• Tenjiso, that's class!

Clive, that was my first though.....drinks at my OH xmas party now.....I'm going to get drunk....marathon training doesn't start for another two weeks! Hope you have a good night.

Hi DS2 I will have a look tonight and join the club,x
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Good for you Sarah! Are you going to do a Forum Six pitch?

• Does that mean were going to be up against each other in the forum 6 now aswell, I don't know if I can cope with the pressure!!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha ha! image. Well we could both make it if we're lucky. 

• You should definitely go for the forum 6! Look forward to reading the pitches!!

Just spent the evening with my son - he loved looking at the website and reading all the lovely posts on the forum. Most fun I've had in ages image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Excellent! I hope you have a beer in your hand sir - you should be celebrating!

I watched the start of The Mummy with my two tonight - mainly because their real mummy is away so we can do what we like! Pizza, chips and beans for tea...mmmm...

• Wow, I feel I can actually keep up with this thread now it's moving at a more sedentary pace. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I've actually got anything to contributeimage

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

That'll do just fine Indy image

• DS2 wrote (see)
    I'd like to say a special well done to RRR from my category. Yours is a great story, now finish it off with that GFA time. Comiserations to Sills and Tony.

Clive Kelty wrote (see)

Steve, alex/AW, RRR, Melanie J, and Ady- WELL DONE!!! All the very best of luck to all of you. Really deserve it image

commiserations to the rest of us, we all did well to get this far, and certainly I feel better for the experience. got loads of advice, and some new friends- hopefully we'll all stay on the forums

DS2 wrote (see)

Well done to the successful 5. Gutted I didn't make it but right behind you. Good luck!

Good evening everyone, what a day - none stop, only now being able to get to a computer.   I would just like to offer my congratulations and support to the lucky 5 who have made it through and agree with the posts i have listed above and commiserations to all those who did not.

I had a great time and enjoyed making it as far as I did, it has rejuvanated my love for running and given me motivation to get back to a level of fitness I once knew!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Good on you Tony. I hope you'll be sticking around - you have a great deal to offer!

• Sounds like you've found the perfect way to celebrate bacon! Glad your having a nice evening with your son, he has every reason to enjoy reading about how well you've done.

My days just gone from disappointment, to extremely stressful, to complete guilt. My OH talked me in to going straight home after work and going for something to eat, so instead of me going for my run, I've ate duck and cashew nut stir fry with noodles and had a bailys coffee....I can hardly breath now! ............(very) long run tomorrow now!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

You'll burn that off in no time Sarah - forget the guilt & enjoy the rest of your night. Tomorrow is another day!

• Hi Sarah do not beat yourself up about after all the stress of what we have been through I think it was a good idea

Don't punish yourself I have seen runners do

this by all means have a run but do it in a positive state of mind and not as a punishment for having one meal and missing a run - remember rest is as important as running!
  • Hi Malcs yes still around and looking forward and adjusting my goals

If I make progress in getting my minute miles down it could be Duchy 03 march but see how it goes starting my training this side of Christmas a big positive

How about yourself where now?
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

The love in continues! Despite the many disappointments today there has been such a positive attitude. I have to say it's the best let down I think I've ever had.

The whole thing reached it's peak when I rang my dear old mum earlier today. She put her virtual arm round my shoulder and said these magical words:

"Son, it's a sign..."

"...you're too old, give it up before you hurt yourself."

Awww. Mums. Always there for you when you need them....ahhh...

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Excellent Tony - I need to decide on a race for April pronto then I'm going to pitch for the forum 6. 

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Lol Malcs that is so funny!! I always reassure my granny (98) that I never run on my own and I never run more than a mile at a time! image