Les Witton Dartford 10

Did this a few years ago and enjoyed it, haven't been able to do the last two because date move, is it staying in january for next year!

Comments

• Thinking about signing up as prep for the Pairs Half on 3rd March. What is the race like and is it easy to get to from London?

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

hansyhobs - I believe it's quite a testing course but a very well organised event and I'm thinking of running it myself. Dartford Station is well sourced by trains from Central London and the start is very walkable - probably no more than 10 minutes.

• Hi DS2 thanks for letting me know, Definitely going to check it out now.

• Thinking of doing it as part of my London Marathon Prep. I am a beginner and only just hitting the 7K marks at the moment due to injury. how testing is the course? Anyone run it before? 

• I belong to the organising club for this race and it is suitable for all levels of ability. There is a short sharp hill at about three miles and a longer hill at nine miles but there are of course downhills as well, it is not the fastest course ever, but as a pre marathon event is ideal.. There are good facilities at Princes Park and as has been said, the rail links to Dartford are good and it is only a couple of minutes from the M25. We have always scored highly for the enthusiasm of our marshalls so you will not be short of support whether fast or slow...

H&P

• Just signed up, living in Greenhithe this is pretty much my local race. Going to be using it as part of the preparation for my first marathon in April (Milan). Really looking forward to it, see you all there and hope everyone's training goes well!

• Signed up to do this, now just looking at the snow forecast on Fri & Sat (hope it's not postponed!)