The RW Forum Six

Comments

• Come on ... lets have some competition   image

or a fight??   we could have a fight    image

• M.. eldy. I will fight you but i will let you win as i couldn't stand inflicting pain on another human being, or animal come go that. I want to stop wars in other countries and help the starving millions in famine hit countries. I am concerned for the worlds suffering children regardless of race, creed or colour. I will spend endless hours doing charity work for those less fortunate than us. Remember brothers and sisters that we are all very lucky to have the opportunities offered to us. Think of those less fortunate than us and remember them in your thoughts and prayers.

By the way, if you go back a couple of pages you will see my pitch for the Forum 6. You know what is the right thing to do....
  • but remmeber that I believe that carter likes mushy peas.......so that negates all the positives in the above post imageimage

• 'Let you win' !!!    image

You're in 

but I would have won anyway

• Only just found this thread and what it's about, amazing!!! I'm just not sure I'm ready for more rejection ha ha ha, I was in the busy lifestyle catagory (the one where none of us won - gutted for Sarah and Clive), I'll watch this thread with much interest
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Paul - pitch. Honestly this is by far the best way to help with that pb. And there's no rejection here. Just one big happy family. image

RW do it every year - you think it's going so well than at the last minute they put a spanner on the works. It's crazy to put people into categories and ask them to tout for votes then nobody wins.
  • Paul- come on, you know you want to!image

• How can nobody win a catagory? image I demand a re-count. 

Paul, this is a safe and fair process, and if you don't get lucky then just jump on the thread that runs closest to your target. It all works very well. So lets have your pitch. image

• Lots of more worthy candidates on here, so I'm going to withdraw my pitch, guys. I have a new BIG PLAN for VLM which I am keen to try anyway image Not very good at listening to instructions either according to the missus! Lol! image
  • Right guys I'm going to go away and have a think about a pitch!!! Back soon
  • Minni wrote (see)
    RW do it every year - you think it's going so well than at the last minute they put a spanner on the works. It's crazy to put people into categories and ask them to tout for votes then nobody wins.
    /members/images/386256/Gallery/popularity.jpg

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Right it's pitching Friday. Lets be having you...
  • TRTR ✭✭✭

what is the closing date for aspiring pitchers to get their best curve ball in by ?

• Late on the 17th ... I'm on nights so it will give me *cough* something to do  image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Having missed out on a Targer 26.2 place yesterday I humbly submit my pitch for a place on the forum 6. If you are one of the 2 people who read my 26.2 vote for me thread then I apologise for shamelessly recycling some of the material from there.

---

I’m a Scottish born rugby player, living in England with a Welsh wife and two children of confused nationality.

I started running about 5 years ago partly to keep fit for rugby but mainly because my wife started and I was scared she’d be fitter than me. Sad but true. She has since got her own back by starting triathlons as she knows I can’t swim! This is not quite true, I’m happy with a gentle breaststroke but my chin needs to be at least two inches above the water or I get a panic attack. If the forum 6 training involves any water based activity beyond showering I might as well rule myself out now.  

Anyway, I have been running for 5 years and coincidentally have completed 5 marathons. I was probably best prepared for my first one but tragically hit the wall at 20 miles and crawled home, like a child screaming for his mother, in 4hrs 10mins. My other races have been a picture of consistency - all completed within a minute of 3:59. This would have been great had I not been aiming for sub 3:45 on all four occasions.  

My Half PB is 1:34 and my 10K is 42:05. Both were achieved earlier this year. My last 4 half marathons were all under 1:36 and have been getting progressively faster. Based on these times I'm convinced that I am capable of running a sub 3:30 marathon. I think I have the speed but my endurance is clearly pants.   

My wife would accuse me of being stubborn. I'm taking this to mean determined and counting it as a strength. My biggest weakness is my ability to be swayed by anyone who says something with enough confidence to sound that they are right. I am, in essence, a real life version of the Paul Whitehouse character Indecisive Dave. No, I'm not, yes I am. As long as I only have one mentor I'll be fine and will follow what they say to the letter - throw two in the mix and I'm stuffed.  

I am still in shock from not making the Asics 5 this year. I'd bribed every member of the RW/Asics team and they stitched me up at the last minute. I would take legal action but as my activities were less than above board I'm going to have to just take it on the chin.   

Winning a place on the forum six would help to rebuild the dream that was so painfully shattered all those hours ago. I applied for the competition for a good reason - I need help, badly.  

PS. I have just booked myself in for the Great Welsh Marathon on 21st April.

• Great pitch Malcs !!!!

• .. and just to clarify, I can be bought as well      image

• Here is ??1 - you can keep the change image
  • Great Pitch Malcs, a good read
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Thanks M...eldy, I would have happily entered into negotiations with you had my previous attempt to gain entry by illicit means not failed so badly - I guess I'll have to hope I can make it the old fashioned way this time image

Paul - cheers, when is yours going up, come on, time is of the essence! image

carterusm - image if bidding is starting that low I might reconsider!

• Malcs.I will hopefully be down for the marathon running or supporting...........It s a brilliant course.you got my vote..............but then there is no voting in this threadimageimage

and a 1:36 halfd shouyld have you getting better than a 3:59 marathon...you really need a mentor image

• Seren - can you be bought as well ?? image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Malcs you got me in tears here. image  Great pitch. image

• Minni - can you be bought as well ?? image Do you like mushy peas ? image

• I would like to confess that I am the offical adjudicator and will decide who gets a place. I also want a new bike for Christmas. image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

seren - excellent, I hope you'll be there running. Either way you can talk tri with Mrs Malcs as I'm sure she'd want to pick your brains.

Minni - thanks but please put me out of my misery re. those contraband emoticon mini pic things! 

Spoons - please send us the link to your Amazon Wish List. 

• Spoons. wrote (see)

I would like to confess that I am the offical adjudicator and will decide who gets a place. I also want a new bike for Christmas. image

Consider it done!!! 

(The decision is made before Christmas, isn't it? image)