Options

The RW Forum Six

Comments

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Great pitches people. 

Tenjiso, brilliant as always! image.

Paul, Jen, Sarah - really good to see you pitching here. You too Stan! Sarah, Paul - I didn't realise how close we all are with our times and goals so if one of you makes it I'll be stalking you!

Carl - so sorry to hear about your tree tragedy!

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭
    Malcs - cracking new name !!!!
  • Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha image Easy on the puns Carl, it's too early in the week and I'm still hung over.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Hi all, it's lovely to read about all of the new pitches. I wish everyone the best of luck!!

@Carl - there is a Paris thread on here that's a lovely place to chat about the race... I've already converted Malcs to itimage (am on my iPad so cannot link to it at the moment).

Who wants to hear my sob story for the day?.... i had my hair cut yesterday and she got it ALL wrong... My hubby said this morning "you know, its been bugging me all day who you remind me of... And I know it now - Your male cousin" :'(
  • Options

LMAO Emmy image

Husbands are sensitive creatures.  Fact.

• Options
    NykieNykie ✭✭✭

Oh Emmy, it's horrible when hairdressers get it wrong. If it makes you feel better, I went into a hairdresser once with shoulder-length hair, told them to do what they thought would suit me. I came out with hair that was 5mm max all over and dyed white blonde. I was £80 worse off and had to wear a hat all summer!

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Another great pitch from Stan.   image

Not many hours to go now.  If you're still considering pitching then think no more.  Its time to get typing! image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ah hair...such fond memories...

• Options

Some great pitches.image Good luck to everyone and especially Sarah!

• Options

some absolutely superb pitches - glad im not a judge!

Come on any lurkers - this is a fantastic oppurtunity - you wont regret it!

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I think you should be closed now for any new pitches, the competition is too good already! So anyone else, just keep lurking pleaseimage
  • Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Emmy, whilst I would have to question your husband's decision to share his eureka moment with you, I do admire his bravery for even approaching the subject.

In general it's an issue that most men would avoid like the plague. There have been times when my wife has returned from the salon and I have simply hidden and pretended not to be at home, such is the fear of being forced to submit an opinion. 

I'm getting the shakes just thinking about it.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Thanks all.

@Malcs - it was the laughter and smirk that got me to ask why.... Oh dear... We win some/ lose some. I'm lucky that hair grows back, right?

@Nykie - I feel your pain. Luckily, mine is 'just' the fringe and some layers but the fringe is so short and curly it looks like I've hacked it off myself!

I agree with slowkoala - competition is too good this yearimage
  • Options

Great pitches everyone- good luck to the lucky few.

shame I'm not organised enough to do one myself image

• Options

you've got time.... just about image 

(i appear to be fulfilling the minni PR/ spamming role!image)

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭
    A story for Emmy on my trip to the barbers at the weekend.

I do not need to worry about style as mine can only be cut one way as there is not enough left to cut. That said somebody wanted to know today if it had been cut with a knife and fork. But less about me.

While I was sitting in the chair a young lad came in looking sheepish and wearing a hat. He mumbled something about needing help to sort out a pudding bowl haircut that he had some for charity at school. After a little persuasion he took off the hat and it was shocking. He used have a fine head of hair and did not have much when it had been tidier up.

It then transpired that his brother had been in the previous day getting his charity haircut ( a Mohican ) fixed.

So imagine their poor mother. ....
  • Options

Thanks Brolish 2nd time lucky!!

Your more than welcome Carl D I cant do the faces on my phone either, I downloaded an app to help me but I still havent got it working yet! image

Thanks ChristMalcs, if I get through I want lots of encouragment so that I beat Sarah (not that im competitive or anything) image

Nykie I real feel for you, that must have been an awful experience....ive had my hair the same for about 15 years, a bit boring, but least I dont have to worry about anything like that happening!

Minni when do we find out if weve been chosen or not? image

• Options

Keep em coming folks ... you 've got a few hours yet   image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Christmas Eve I believe Sarah...you'll be visited by 3 spirits image

• Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)

HERE IS YOUR CHANCE !!!!

Have you been shunned by Asics?

Stuck in a training rut?

Got a marathon place and can only run round the block??

Busy busy busy and no time to train??

I have six lovely mentors all lined up and chomping at their Mizunos to get involved

All you have to do is to tell us why you should be given the prize of the millenium

YOUR PITCH

Should not threaten to harm small animals
    Should not send people to sleep or need a screen break

It will contain your hopes for a marathon time
    It will contain your marathon entry confirmed
    It will contain a brief running history of recent times and pb's

We would love to hear all about YOU, strengths, weaknesses and limitations

---------------------------------------

This thread will close on Monday 17th December and then Kittenkat and her esteemed Adjudicator(s) will cogitate the pitches and we will then announce the LUCKY SIX on Christmas Eve

Asics 6??  As they said on Channel 4 ... thanks for the warm up     image

• Options
    3 spirits indeed, all of the alcoholic variety?
  • Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha image Most probably!

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

on the subject of hair.. I had v short pink hair once!

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

image like Stephanie from Lazy Town? And you said you were boring jen!

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

ah... must be those hidden depths!!image   I need to look up who stephanie is..?

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    http://www.lazytown.com/public/images/character_profile_stephanie.jpg

My Kids used to love Lazy Town - grown out of it now image

• Options
    NykieNykie ✭✭✭
    I had purple hair fading to pink once as well. Pink hair is well cool, innit? *winky smiley that the iPad won't do*
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Thank you Zuvai. You're awesome. image

Any last minute pitches coming....?

I think the quality is top notch this year. Good luck to everyone. image
  • Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

yep, it was that pink but very very short n spikey!