Monday 17 December 2012

The silicon chip inside her head

I'd got loads of plans for today. Each and every one will get canned. Not the happiest of bunnies.

Major congratulations to Bradley, and to Jessica for 2nd spot in SPOTY. I thought that Ellie Symonds would have had 3rd rather than Mr Monotone. It was interesting how few cricketers were visible...

Comments

• Morning all

Did a nice 10 miler yesterday, but a lot of knee pain in the night. Not a happy bunny either.  But we shouldn't moan... it's nearly Christmas!

SPOTY was good last night.  Top 3 well deserved, though Murray has been a bit unlucky... his achievements of first British Wimbledon Men's finalist forever, first gold medalist, first grand slam winner forever.. were remarkable... but he just picked the wrong year to do it!

What... rest knee

Lyrics... YES   (and yes)

• Morning?

Plans canned due to your cold Blisters or life getting in the way?

Sorry to hear about your knee RW - do you know what's causing it?

What:             swim set
    Why:              ease niggles and need to keep my feel for the water
    Last hard:      at times yesterday, keeping going
    Last rest:        14/12
    Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes

What: Phys

Why: assess progress towards return to running

Thanks for the bike advice LMH and Blisters.

RW: hope knee prob turns out to be nothing!

Blisters: hope cold clears up and we can hear you singing!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all, 
    great lsr LMH and congrats on the time GGG.
    RW - rest up on that knee
    SPOTY - not surprised by the winner, or indeed 2nd and 3rd although I'd put Farah in ahead of both of them. Ainslie really should have been in the mix though, medals in the last 5 olympics , 4 of them gold.. 
    what - hour easy later
    why - 10 offroad saturday, 9 tempo yesterday, tree up, lights up, decs up, presents all wrapped up and delivered...back to work tomorrow for a rest.
    last hard - yesterday
    last rest - Friday?
    lyric - easy 

• Morning all: Lyrics yes and somewhat timely!
    What: No idea
    Why: Tough weekend in London and too much relaxation/shattered
    Last rest: Saturday (Made it to tkd yesterday after a struggle!)
    Last Hard: Last Sunday realistically

Been AWOL in London seeing OH's offspring singing in St Martin's and picking up with my son, who is at uni there too. London a bit mad and full of santas on Saturday. Ate too much, drank too much, slept too little...must be Christmas. Will read back and catch up.
    AH good luck with the assessment. Dustin, I might have to use you as a role model!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Thought I posted on Saturday, but obviously not!

Quiet weekend, no training as still have dressing on my skin wound.  Will do some core today though as can move around gently with no pain.

Great long run LMH.
    Well done on the pb  GGG.
    Blisters
    why is everything being canned?

Counting down till my next parkrun, I actually can't wait (12 days)!

Have a good one all.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lyrics today yes

yesterdays were Maria Maria - Santana

blisters, sorry to hear you are not a happy bunny image

tinselcelt sounds like a good weekend!

dustin,like you I wanted mo, he just made me scream anbd go mad more than anyone, although David Weir also had that effect on me!

rw, hope knee eases

what: cant make track tonight so I will do my own efforts, 8x300

why: have to do some DIY

last hard: saturday

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Phys was pleased with progress. Need to do lots of backwards walking before I can run, though! Plus the usual stretches and forwards walking.

Enjoy the DIY Wabo.
    All sounds good, Dustin, not least the training.

SPOTY: too many to choose from and in a "normal" year lots of them would have won. There's always next year! And re Blisters mentioning the lack of cricketers, most winners are from individual sports rather than team games, although there are a few exceptions of course.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    G,day

Lyrics: yes

What: 8.2M on paths and woodland trails

Why: wife goes shopping in Peterborough, I get to run round Ferry Meadows Country Park

Last Hard: not sure, but was pretty damn weary today

Last Rest: 27th November

Have a good afternoon/evening
  • Great start to the week. First time taking my 7month French Bully out a run, she managed the 10 miles no problems in 1:25. Feet getting soaking wasn't the best thing though, blisters!!!!!
  • I tried to post yesterday but then the internet at home died. Crappy Vodafone image

LMH: wow, you are doing 20 milers already! I haven't even put my training plan together ...  well done.

Tom: that's a long time with no rest, be careful

Blisters: sounds like a bad day for you. What's up?

Had a great run yesterday. Finally the snow is gone, it was plus 5 degrees. It really helps when you can breathe again! 10 miles, av. pace 8:08 and it felt easy. Loved it. Even the rain couldn't dent my happiness image.

Managed a total of 52.4 miles for the week.

what: nowt
    why: Monday = rest day
    last hard: Saturday - was struggling to keep upright on the ice
    lyrics: yep!

• chickadeee - I'm cheating though as it's on the back of my autumn marathon rather than a build for the spring one. I want to do a proper two week taper before Brass half at the end of January so will probably only fit one or at most two more real long runs in before that. I'm nowhere near as fast as you though!

Spark - that  along run for a 7 month old and especially for her first one. Grace will do 10 miles quite easily but we built her up to that gradually and do so each time she's not run for a while (we don't run her as much in the winter).

emzap - glad to hear you're feeling better.

Alehouse - good news from the physio.

Tom - time for a rest day maybe?

Dustin - top xmas prepping there.

1.8k swim set including pyramid main set for me, surprised to swim it faster than last time despite yesterday's LSR.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Cheers for the advice LMH. Didn't plan the distance but she was going fine so done another lap. Only gonna take her out on my midweek easys.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    LMH and Chick....yes indeed, a rest day beckons
  • Evening. Boom Town Rats, I don't like Mondays.

A half day of invoiced work, in Birmingham, that's 100 mile round trip. Oh to heck with it, let's load up the car with the Chrissy pressies for the Northern branch of the family. Detour from Brum up to Buxton, drop then pressies off at Sister's house, and then return home. Total 240 miles round trip. Thankfully, the fatigue and the cold effects weren't too bad, and I even found cheap petrol in ASDA.

My training brain had wanted to utilise the half day to either swim or run. My annual shopping brain wanted to get presents for my dear wife. My logistical brain took the trip north.

I could be doing more shopping on Saturday.....