Which 2XU?

Looking for first trisuit, suitable for up to HIM. 2XU seem to get a good write up and look tidy but so many varients to choose from. Any opinions welcome.

Comments

• Personally I'd avoid a tri suit for anything over Sprint distance - better to go for separates - makes 'comfort breaks' easier!!

I have the 2XU Comp tri shorts and the Compression tri shorts - both are good, but the Compression ones are more comfortable. They have less padding which is fine if your saddle is comfortable and certainly makes the run more bearable.

Good luck anyway!

• Like Raf I use the Comp tri shorts and Compression top. Can't compare them with anything else because they are all that I have used.

Having a 2 piece makes them more versitile, I use the shorts for half marathons as they have handy pockets in which my normal running shorts don't, I also use them for swim training which you probably wouldn't do with a one piece, and if your not planning on doing it while on the move its a lot easier to go to the toilet in a 2 piece image

• I'd disagree about a suit not being suitable for long distance - it all comes down to how many comfort breaks you need!!  I've done all my LD races in a suit and shall we just say, for us slightly more ample chaps, a one piece is a good way of keeping the muffin roll from upsetting the locals.....image

but saying that I also do race in shorts and a top at times - and 2XU shorts are good but like BBT, I have nothing to compare them against bar some cheap Newline ones bought in an emergency when I forgot my shorts at Marshman...image

tbh - at the prices you will pay for 2XU shorts, most brands will do a similar job well - just try a few for fit before deciding.  Fusion kit does have a lot of backers - I have a Fusion top which is very comfy. 

• Shorts can be uncomfortable around the middle, particularly if it's a string fastener and elasticated can become loose - the tri-suit avoids these issues. On a longer tri it is however nice to put on a dry top after the swim, but that costs time and so is down to personal preference. Try them both on and see which you prefer. (The comfort break is easily solved by pulling your short leg up).

• The long distance and the compression trisuits and separates for next year look really good. They have also increased the amount of compression in their compression tri race to a higher grade, so if you like compression then might be a good option! Why not go to the Triathlon Show at the first week of March - you'll be able to see their, and everyone else's - full ranges and get some bargains as well.

• I have a pair of the 2XU endurance shorts but they don't really keep the tackle in the right place on the run.

My trisuit is a Zoot, which is brilliant, and has a MUCH nicer pad, if a little snug though, anything over Oly would use a 2 piece

• Think I'll go for a long distance trisuit though its difficult to know which one since they have several, lond distance, elite etc... Your points about seperates are well made though I never normally need to stop for "comfort breaks" even at marathon distance, dehydration sees to that. I'll  probably acquire seperate pieces in due course as required. Will also check out Zoot which I hadn't looked at, as posterior comfort is definitely high on my list of priorities. Cheers all.

• I've got 2 pairs of 2XU (now old though!) - the endurance pair of shorts are longer and the other pair much more like running shorts and more flattering.  I wore the more flattering shorts in a race with a sea swim and a long bike in terrible weather conditions.  The chaffing off my bike bag velcro I did notice at the time but did for the  week after.  Next time I will not care!  I have a 2XU tri suit with a swim back (crap for sunny weather) which is very fast in the pool.

• Rob_Cooper wrote (see)

Shorts can be uncomfortable around the middle, particularly if it's a string fastener and elasticated can become loose - the tri-suit avoids these issues. On a longer tri it is however nice to put on a dry top after the swim, but that costs time and so is down to personal preference. Try them both on and see which you prefer. (The comfort break is easily solved by pulling your short leg up).

its not the pe breaks you need to wory about.you can just pee in the suit.....its the upset stomach after 14 hours on gels and sportsdrinks that you need to worry about and pulling your short leg up doesn't really help muchimage

• i'm a 2-piece man myself. A lot of toilet stops. Happy to hoik up a leg on the bike, but agree with Seren about GI Distress on the trundle.The vital seconds i save on each toilet stop make all the difference in promoting me from 517th to 514th place in competition with slow-shitting, one-piece wearing, competitors.

Anyway, back to the point, the 2XU compression shorts are excellent kit. I find them much nicer than the cheap ones I'd bought before, or the Garneau ones we get as Pirate wear. Got them for a song at a race a while back. They've lasted well too.

• Yup tri shorts and a tei top are the way to go for IM

I bought a pair of 2xu shorts on at the expo for lanza and they were superb

Comp ones i think