Tuesday 18th December 2012

Morning you lot

Todays lyrics; 'You, you got  a nasty reputation.'

Tired as collected younger son from school 6th Year Christmas Dance at 12:15am this morning. Stifles a yawn

What:3M easy

Why: Just see above

Be back later

Comments

• Morning!

Blisters - it's that time of year. I have a weekend darn sarf to fit what I can around this weekend. It just needs to be done doesn't it - and there's always the internet for the shopping!

And when was the last time you were out until gone midnight birkmyre? image

What:             an hour on the turbo
    Why:               need bike time
    Last hard:       2/12
    Last rest:        14/12

Lyrics - maybe.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    words seem familiar but not immediately obvious..
    what - club night, we got the track so will be hard intervals of some kind
    why - missed the last 3 or 4 club nights for various reasons, plus I like track work
    last rest  - friday
    last hard - sunday's tempo

• What : not a lot
    Why: recovering from yesterday's tummy bug
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last Rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no

Not feeling up to much today although that was last real opprtunity before Boxing Day

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short walk
    Why: lower leg a little sore post physio

My visitor's last full day tomorrow and we are off to see our mutual running doctor friend. I will be having a chat with him about prostate treatment: I have a further appointment tomorrow for discussion about the suitability of radiotherapy.

Quite a pleasant day here after the monsoons of yesterday.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • the monsoons have arrived here, ale image

what: 11.3 soggy miles
    why: it's character-building
    last hard: not turning round as the downpour hit about 2 miles in
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: vaguely familiar but not a firm yes

• Lyrics: No
    What: Whatever I can
    Why: Because I need to do something and work/life have been getting in the way.
    Last Hard...In the memory banks somewhere
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Work and friends/family taking over everything just now...need to get a grip!

• Pushed myself out for 3 miles (tummy managed to last outimage - a concern),
    rewarded by a beautiful changing big red setting sun over Scapa Flowimage
    More big winds on the way - may affect family getting back home for Christmas
    imageimage

• Good news that you felt well enough  for a run OH. Plenty of time for the weather forecast to change.

chickadeee - I find it harder to set off in the rain than to keep going if it hits once I'm out.

Hope you get to track Dustin.

Alehouse - the visit seems to have gone quickly - hope it feels the same for you.

Come on TC - sort yourself out man! image

Good turbo session for me - surprisingly as with my jab due today I thought tiredness would make it difficult for me to raise HR.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

sorry didnt get to post last night, as did club run, then straight out to watch the Hobbit, great film...

7.5m done tonight

Take care

• Evening

Just in for a wee nosey.

• Evening. A better day here, commencing with a beautiful purple sunrise over the Cotswold Hills. Spent the day at 1200ft on the Heads of the Valleys near Ebbw Vale. The factory I was visiting had just installed a small (56m diameter) wind turbine. Well, it looked small until I was stood underneath it. I can categorically dismiss the over-perpetuated urban myth that they are noisy. THEY ARE SILENT. I don't mean quiet, I mean SILENT. (Some things wind me up, and that's one).

Sorry for the ramble. Early finish, and got a swim done. 64 lengths in......46:10. I am beginning to get pissed off with this reverse progress. I know that I have barely shaken off a cold, but FFS I'm slowing down.

Just seen the forecast. Make sure you put a lid on the pond or the fish will be making a break for it.