What's baffling you today....?

Why a hotel in a 19th century building in Victoria is called "The Tudor Inn." 

Comments

• Maybe it was mocking the tudors?

• the victorians went through a mock tudor revival if thats any help?

•  

It isn't mock Tudor though - if it was it would make sense. It looks like this:

http://static.laterooms.com/hotelphotos/laterooms/69297/gallery/blair-victoria-hotel-victoria_090820121403054954.jpg

• haha! oh well! now i'm baffled too. . .

• I'm baffled as to why my computer is acting up today (it keeps saying shock-something has crashed) or something along those lines and tech support (my SIL!) has gone home for the day! Ugh!

• I am totally baffled why people are stockpiling food etc. in preparation for the end of the world on Friday. If the world is going to end, that's it, no more world, no more people, no need for stocks of stuff, it'll all be gone. When it doesn't end,  loads of idiots will be wishing they hadn't spent so much money on things they don't need.

• maybe we should be stockpiling oreos?

http://www.flero.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/574719_369568133132877_78040813_n.jpg

• And as for that Argentinian mass suicide group that want to jump off their sacred mountain to their deaths, what's that all about then? Their Government is going to barricade the way up so they can't suicide. Maybe the world should end, it's gone totally crazy!

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Bionic Ironwolf wrote (see)

I am totally baffled why people are stockpiling food etc. in preparation for the end of the world on Friday. If the world is going to end, that's it, no more world, no more people, no need for stocks of stuff, it'll all be gone. When it doesn't end,  loads of idiots will be wishing they hadn't spent so much money on things they don't need.

Good point!

*goes off to put pallets of tinned food on ebay*

• you dont like sprouts? image

• Why I didn't book a winter holiday. 

• Why someone just drove me with NO lights on, on an unlit country road when visibility is actually below 10m because the fog is so thick. And it's dark. Pitch black.

My money is on.....

1) He's a total tit

2) He's nicked it

3) Possibly both

What about yours?
  • LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    Why someone just drove me with NO lights on, on an unlit country road when visibility is actually below 10m because the fog is so thick. And it's dark. Pitch black.

My money is on.....
    1) He's a total tit
    2) He's nicked it
    3) Possibly both

What about yours?

Or is he trying to commit suicide because the world is about to end? image

• I'm baffled as to why suddenly I cant transfer fata from my Garmin to my computer. It repeatedly tells me it's transferring data but it's lying to me.

Is the end of the world going to affect all Garmin products ?

• have you tried transfereing the data.might work betterimage

But mine isn't playing ball either........................we must have done too much exercise

I'm baffled as to where the sun has disappearred to this week

• For those of us who are carrying a few extra pounds we call it fata image

• Just why do Americans need household arsenals of assault weaponry? - I mean the 'well regulated militia' just isn't needed anymore, as us redcoats went home in 1815.

• Screamapillar...maybe it the Killing of Georgian!

Why is it that I can explain things to some people at work yet I cannot understand it for them?image

• Corinthian wrote (see)

Just why do Americans need household arsenals of assault weaponry? - I mean the 'well regulated militia' just isn't needed anymore, as us redcoats went home in 1815.

+1

I have never seen so much defending of the utterly, utterly indefensible.

You can point out that the Founding Fathers had flintlock pistols and not assault weapons in mind, when they drew up the 2nd amendment; remind them that the constitution can be amended (and that the above is a clue); provide gun death statistics from other countries; try to explain that arming the teachers would not have been the answer; try to persuade them that even if they think they have a "tyrannical goverment" that needs to be deterred it has tanks, planes and a big f*cking army. Not one single argument holds up in the light of reasoning and they still demand the right to bear arms.

Basically Americans are just in love with guns. It's sickening.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Why that woman who's son is dying of a brain tumor refused to let him have an operation because of the possible side effects
  • I don't know the answer to that one either Tom. But she DID call him Neon and believes in herbal crap so she's quite barmy.....
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Liverbird...that's exactly what my wife said.
  • I think she wants him to live and die now as the boy she knows and recognises rather than take the risk that he could live for some considerable time incapacitated by the "possible side effects".

Some might think that selfish of her others' might think she should give the boy the chance of there possibly being little or no side effects.

At the end of the day society tends to leave the child in the care and responsibility of the mother whatever the outcome. Should the mother therefore not have the say how SHE wants matters to proceed?

• Probably yes she should but what are the possible side effects?  I've heard impaired intellect and infertility.  As a mother I'd like to have a live child with these "possible" side effects than a deceased one!

• Martenkay wrote (see)

I think she wants him to live and die now as the boy she knows and recognises rather than take the risk that he could live for some considerable time incapacitated by the "possible side effects".

Some might think that selfish of her others' might think she should give the boy the chance of there possibly being little or no side effects.

At the end of the day society tends to leave the child in the care and responsibility of the mother whatever the outcome. Should the mother therefore not have the say how SHE wants matters to proceed?

She got to put her case in front of a judge, which is fair, it means she had her say,  but ultimately the doctors know best. 

The father is also in favour of the op.

• It's baffling me how it can rain so much, so often in this country like it is now, yet we still have problems with supplying water to our homes at times.

• When the cloud base is at treetop height and it's pissing down, my Garmin finds the satellites in a trice. When it's sunshine and a clear blue sky it can take five minutes.

That is what is baffling me today.

• Strangely Brown wrote (see)

It's baffling me how it can rain so much, so often in this country like it is now, yet we still have problems with supplying water to our homes at times.

It is baffling until you realise that the water supply and urban planning in this country is mismanaged. There would more than enough water to go around and no need for drought orders if we stopped paving over the southeast of England and then built a big pipe to it from the Welsh hills.

• Rate it's falling over here you won't need a bliddy pipeimage
    What's baffling me today is the fuss over Sunday Trading Laws and M&S deciding to open at midnight on Sunday to make up for the lost hours on Sunday. Don't retailers think shoppers will adjust and we son't all try and cram everything into six hours on Sunday?