RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• It must've been Spoons, I don't drink, I'm a serious athlete.image

• i blame the coach personally ..

.image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Oh that's the best news I've this morning.  The first thing I thought when I woke up this morning was, where the fcuk am I?  And the second was, will I be able to do my session later?! image 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Morning all- rest and party day today-

DD-please dont quit! A mere  nearly half IM distance bike ride for you today eh? Back in your comfort zoneimage

O4S- ditto-please dont quit this thread.image Only 30? Now, Minni would have referred us to a spread sheet so we could analyse the times weather gradients position amount of cake eaten etc-where's yours?

Minni-its the bit about last night that you havent told us about that we are most interested inimageSure its not alcovirus? Your dedication is in question - the first question is when can you fit in the next bottle of red in between finding out where you are and the next session.

Sarah -isnt it happy birthday time? Congratulationsimage Does that mean you will have a double hangover? Good reason to LR this weekend.

Bro-dont drink? why are you on this thread?

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

There's not much to tell because I can't remember much!   Went out at 6pm for meal followed by a couple of wine bars.  I don't know where the night went. image  I had a flashback this morning of meeting my son's English teacher in one of the drinking holes and kissing him because he said he'd done well in his English exam and had a really good report coming home. image

My boss puked on the side of the road coming into work!  Not very ladylike! image

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Minni-sounds like an episode of Geordie Shore.image

• 2old4Xmas wrote (see)

Minni-sounds like an episode of Geordie Shore.image

hahaha image

• it would appear that my work night out was much more tame!!!
    I thought we had done well getting in at 4!

• Actually it sounds like the forum outing - BA still isn't the better of his phone call from Minni image

2old:  I keep all that information in my head, so it will be lost when the dementia takes over.

Just back from an hour of running in the sunshine!  No garmin so didn't worry about the distance or speed and just enjoyed myself.  Sadly the lurgy is still lurking and I was very breathless but blood tests should be back today so maybe they will throw up something.

Off to buy a snorkel for the weekend rain....................

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

O4S what on earth did I say to him?  You must tell me because I've got a total blank.  Maybe text rather than post on here! image

I'm old enough to know better. 

• Minni:  before or after the phone sex?????

• Lol O4S.image

Minni- hope the head is clearing.

Sarah- happy birthday!imageimageimage

I'm going to attempt to sneak out early and hit the track for this week's killer session. Can't wait.image

• Sarah - happy birthday.

Minni - I have vague flashbacks from that phone call.

Bro - well done on planning a track sesh on a Friday!

MrZ - 4am...nice one.

I love Geordie Shore image

I did 4 miles easy then trolley rage in Asda. The joys!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

image no no no O4S. image image image 

• LAAst Christmas wrote (see)

Bro - well done on planning a track sesh on a Friday!

Well yeah... I didn't exactly plan it, I don't get a whole lot of choice in that matter. I'm just glad it wasn't scheduled for yesterday...imageimage

• Post Xmas party image here. Got back home at 3am so not as hardcore as some of you. My night included a few hours clubbing with Gilles Peterson on the decks. My ankle appears to have survived that thankfully. Am planning a run tomorrow to test it all out. 

• AndyAAndyA ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

I was up at 5.30 this morning for a 16 mile run into work. It's not something I do regularly, only if I can't get out for a long run on a Sunday morning for some reason. It's certainly not the most interesting route - basically I come out of my front door and run in a straight line for 16 miles and it's pretty flat all the way. Still, I managed it in 2hrs 12 mins, which is 8:15 per mile although my pace flagged a bit in the last couple of miles. I certainly reckon I earned the very large sausage sandwich which I had when I got to the office.   

I envy those people who can do long TM sessions - I always get bored really quickly and for some reason I find it harder than running on the road. It's OK for short and hard interval sessions but I can't imagine doing a long run.

And Happy Birthday to Sarah! imageimageimage

• PML, Minni image. Sounds like my kinda night image. You will have more embarrassing flashbacks as the week progresses. I still have some and our pardy was on Nov. 30 image. Random people keep popping into my office wishing my a merry xmas and I have no clue who they are image.

TMs are the work of the divil image. Hate them.

The CNBA fairy snuggled up to me this morning - cold temps and strong north easerly winds = no way. Had a lie in. Bliss image

• I was really tame then at my party - bed by 1.30. Mind you the alarm went off at 6 and I almost slept through it, but made it onto the train feeling just a little rough. Paris feels very un-Christmassy I have to say. I'm now waiting for the train back to London and it seems the whole of Paris is leaving town...it's going to be packed I think.

Glad others enjoyed their parties...sounds like Minni's was especially funimage
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I knocked off work at 2 and spent the afternoon shopping.   Got home to find Miss Minni ill so had to nip her to the Drs.  He looked at me and said, 'you look unwell too, have you got the same thing'?  Er, no not quite.... image

Freemers  I thought Paris would be lovely at Christmas.  Glad you kept your sensible head on and made the train. 

• Free- hope the train journey was ok and not too crowded.

Minni- hope miss Minni is ok.

Killer session done. Had the track to myself again- nice! Managed to hit all the paces and although it didn't feel easy I'm very happy. This come back definitely feels better than the last one.

Did 5x (1k@ 10k pace, 30s recovery, 300m @ 3k pace) with 2min30 recoveries. Time for some Malbec I think.
  • http://i.imgur.com/RFbXe.gif

haha - ignore this - i just wanted to see if a gif;d tapir would work and thought a possesive panda cub would do as a stand in image

(see FRC - sometimes we talk about more than running - pandas and stop outs!)

• just in now off the train from manchester - i have 9 miles scheduled, but a handover and 5 hours on the train have killed that idea

sofa and mong for me instead

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

That is just too adorable. image

Here is something for you guys to get on your Christmas list.....

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I hope I don't get banned for posting that! image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Brilliant session Brol image   How did the 300s feel?  I always think I won't be able to manage the faster reps at the end but I'm always very surprised at how good they feel.  Hard but good.

• Minni- the 30s rest before 300s felt like a joke. The shortest 30s of my life! Lol. But yeah, surprisingly each time managed to kick into the next gear and get them done at the correct pace.
  • Happy Birthday Sarah image

Ha, ha, busted by the coach. Hope you're feeling a bit better now Minni. If your daughter is sick maybe it is the norovirus imageimage?

Well done on making the train Freemers.

Meanwhile Bro is dedicately clocking up the intervals. I'm not surprised that no one else was at the track.

Last day at work today until the New Year image.

Was wondering on my cycle in today if it's wrong that I race other cyclists? I'm pretty slow at cycling and easily slow down to a dawdling along pace, but if there's someone around the same pace as me I'll use them to try to speed myself up by trying to either hold them off or to stay with them for as long as possible. Not sure if that's the correct attitute to other bike commuters though.

• Becs - It sounds like you've just got hooked on 'silly commuter racing', try this thread for the rules........http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12575770.

Or if you want to get competitive and see how you are doing compared to your previous commutes, sign up to strava.com, it's free and very additive if you want to be K.O.M. (king of the mountain).

Sarah - Hope you had a great B'day, and didn't get as p*ssed as Minni.

Andy - That's a long lsr before work, well done.

Bro- Well done on the intervals. Has your coach given you any slack over chrimbo, or is still 'pedal to the metal'.