The RW Forum Six

Comments

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Oooooh exciting! image
  • Never really minded birthday being so close to Christmas Sarah as my Mum always insisted I had separate presents and it was treated the same as any other family birthday - it just means I'm in a Birthday/Christmas frenzy - still at least I've grown out of having nose bleeds from the excitement image

Only a short 1.5 mile gentle jog today as I was runniong with a 7 month pregnant friend - nice end to the working week image

• I'm excited for you guys, Good Luck one and all image

I'm definitely going to enter next year

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    Vanessa, I've just been reading back over posts. Saw you did Everest basecamp .. brilliant experience, I did it 2yrs ago.. loved it. went back Nepal this year. are you planning another trek out there?
  • ooo...news...I....hardly...dare....to ...look........

• Ooo, will we find out before Christmas Eve........?

Vanessa I love your positive thinking. When I was a child I use to save all my bday presents until Xmas day just so I could tourment my brother saying that I had more to open than him.....you will be glad to know I'm not like that any more!

How cold was it at base camp?
  • jinglebellsjen - I'd love to go back to Nepal but this year I'm climing Mount Toubkal, Mount Ararat and doing the Marathon instead image

Sarah - I think the coldest was the day we actually got to base camp, it was snowing hard and approx -15 with windchill thrown in.

Roll on Christmas image

• Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

What a miserable day today is. Need some festive cheer. Anything stirring amongst the judges ? image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Good luck to everyone! I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
  • Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭
    Just back from doing the shopping ... Nearly a workout in itself. Everyone had the same idea about going early to miss the crowds and it was busy.

Chucking it down with rain. A gentle 3 miler is calling as I am doing a longer run tomorrow.

Maybe when I come back wet through no doubt there will be a hint as to when we will be taken out of our excited nervous states.

Best of luck everyone. Big smiley face.
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    worst conditions I've run in for ages! soaked through n cold now image
  • I'm probably not going to get out today as I've got visitors but planning 5 miles tomorrow, my first longish run since my knee problems and I don't care what the weather brings, I'm looking forward to it image

• I hear you Jen!  Remeniscent of Milton Keynes marathon this year image

I did 13m this morning, which included 8m @ MP into the headwind and driving rain!  Hard work, soaked through to the bone.  Yet curiously enjoyable and satisfying image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I ran early before the rain and before it was light. This is not good running weather.
  • You lot dont need mentors at all     image

• Festive relays at running club this morning with tinsel, balloons and lots of rain!

5 mile tempo on track last night in 35m 19. Faster than the road and nice and bouncy but the miles pass soooo slowly.

Planned long run tomorrow but cocktail party tonight. How much harder are long runs with a slight hangover? Not sure whether to postpone it till Monday?
  • Would it be mad to take my 6 yo to the supermarket this afternoon for a food shop???
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    @slowkoala - a question about your 6 year old? Are they housetrained and likely to not get under the feet of other shoppers? Then yes... Otherwise - leave them with a neighbour! I risked the supermarket and the worse thing was hearing a child scream "I WANT THAT ONE!!!! MUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"
  • Slowkoala...leave at home....my OH has just come back from the shops in an awful mood-said the shops were a nightmare! See how you feel in the morning with regards to your long run, you might Surprise yourself and not be too bad!

Awful weather for a run, can't believe you did 13 miles in it tenjiso, hats off to you.
  • M...eldy wrote (see)

You lot dont need mentors at all     image

Mentors?

I thought we were trying to win Mentos! image

• Thanks Sarah.  I'm a veteran of the Milton Keynes Marathon and Half-Marathon 2012 - it rained non-stop in both image

Apologies in advance to anybody running Brighton next year image

• Slowkoala.depends how well trained.if they can push the trolley politely and safley then take them as it mean you can do more shopping...if they were like mine were at that age and easily bored then i would say probably better to leave at home...........

i took mine as an advedture one year at midnight when the shops were quiet........they hadn't long started opening all night in this area then...........

it was  afamily outing to wake them all up in teh middle of the night to walk to the shops.......like a holidayimage

• I braved 6 miles this morning...so wet, not helped by a bus driving through a puddle at me. The wave of water went over my head!!!

• Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭
    When I was out I was pleasantly surprised how polite some drivers were. They actually slowed to let me run past the massive puddles that were up to the top of the footpath in places.

Did 4.5 miles in the end and although soaked felt quite good. Bizarre when you think of it and definitely something that non runners would not understand !!

Just picking up on Comments about needing or not needing mentors.

For me the dedication and desire is there. I have gone from being a casuall runner to obsessing about it. I manage my life around it.

In the quest to get better I need to change my training plan but to what and why and I need to sort out my pacing as I really struggle running slow so I don't and I am guessing that this might be a critical factor in achieving a new Marathon PB in Paris on April 7th 2013.

Hope the judges have not gone Christmas shopping and forgot about us lot on here.

Going to get a few last minute gifts now.
  • Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to everyone and thanks to the judges and all the helpers for keeping this thread moving along.
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Cake iced , choc log covered... think I may join Tenjiso on the early carb loading plan image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Busy afternoon on here. Can I feel the excitement growing...?
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Thank you to all of those forumites that have given up their time and energy to work on this... Whether its promoting it on threads or helping review the applications.

Good luck everyone!