Saturday 22nd December 2012

Morning.

Lyrics - You're the only woman I need and baby you know it

Rough night last night as the spare bed here isn't uncomfortable. Going to take me a while to work the kinks out of my back - and that's the convoluted clue to today's lyrics. It's not currently raining though the forecast is still saying that it's going to rain heavily all day so not sure if I'll make it out or not, but I think that for my sanity and for peace and harmony I shall probably need to - rain or not.

What:           probably an easy run
Why:            sanity
Last hard:    sleeping
Last rest:     2/12

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

No rain here, cool and sunny (cool is relative, 24C).

What: 20.6 miles LSR D & D
    Why: Dubai marathon 25/1
    Last Hard: Getting up at 0430
    Last rest 06/12... Imminent.

Lyrics Nope 

• Morning!

Wet,wet,wet here.

What: shopping, present wrapping, drive to mother's in East Mids, may get a walk in.
    Why: the first three have to be done.

Nice long run, DD.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I think both of you probably do know the lyrics.

Very wet here too Alehouse and forecast the same at home so drive safely.

• What: brief dip in big waves
    Why: good question (it's Saturday)
    Wind blowing F9 (+ on call) so shower rather than run to warm up again.
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: No

• Morning

Yesterdays lyrics: Olivers Army by Elvis Costello.

Pouring down here today. More Chistmas shopping later

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    G'day

Lyrics - yes, registered instantly though I haven't heard the song for years.

Alehouse - careful with that "speedwork"

8.6M run in the company of the club this morning. Very wet and windy but the company was good to have.

Stay warm and dry everyone
  • blizzard here image  that put the kibosh on my speedwork then.

LMH: I hate staying elsewhere in other people's uncomfy spare bed image

what: 11 miles in strong winds & lots of snow
    why: as I couldn't do speedwork ......
    last hard: getting warm again after the run
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: thanks for the clue image

• Hello

I'm still alive but thought i'd pop in and say so. Afraid not much running has been done. Ok no running has been done. Been busy with work and the later hours always affects my sleep and even on my off days  theres been stuff to be done no time for myself.. But know pretty soon i can get back to it. Its not the end of the world is it. image.

Though this morning in the rain i cycled home and did my 1000th mile which i was pretty pleased about. Saying i only did about 600 last year  i happily take a 40% increase

Be back soon probably before the big day  last day tomorrow

• chickadeee - I'm just glad that it's only for two nights this time - we usually end up here for the best part of a week over xmas and it cripples me. Well done for braving the weather, I couldn't really justify going out for a run in the pouring rain, it looked too much like what it was - going out for the sake of it - so I have had a rest day. Back nearly straight again but still niggly, if I were at home I would swim  but that will have to wait until Monday. It's forecast to be windy but dry in the morning so I shall escape between breakfast and lunch.

I thnk we should all be thanking you for your sterling work Pammie! I'm dreading doing my final bit of food shopping on xmas eve.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

Parkrun no 176 done in quite possible the worst conditions (bar one at Basingstoke many years ago) 21:30 at hard effort (the hard effort was to stay upright and afloat....)

Not much else today as whacked out....

Take care

• Pammie - I'm in the same camp at this time of year. My running motivation goes right out the window! I know it is your buys time, so you have an excuseimage

I did run yesterday, about 13km. It was very hot.

RFJ - well done on your 176th Park run - is that some sort of record!

Chickadee - glad for you it is only 2 nights!

Chickadee - some good solid work still going on.

Tom - good to see you have said goodbye to those niggles.

Dubai Dave - good luck for Dubai Marathon!

Alehouse - enjoy your drive.

Just thought I'd pop in and wish you all Merry Xmas!!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya
    Supposed to be brutal weather but was out for 6 and a bit this afternoon and aside from a bit of drizzle it was so mild out there....must've been overnight judging by the partial flooding on the lanes.
    why - easy run
    last hard - Tuesday 
    last rest - 8 days
    lyric - possibly

• Good evening.

What: 10k from home home to flat. Not a particularly nice route, along main roads but felt fine.

Why: Had a couple of things to pick up for Christmas, and I wimped out parkrun this morning. Managed to avoid rain miraculously (good as one of the things I was picking up was my waterproof)!

Last hard: Monday morning's 5k treadmill.

Last rest: Remainder of the week... Intending to work hard over xmas though! VLM to think of!

Lyrics: Nope.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

I wish NZC, but there are some with nearly double that....