Sunday 23rd December 2012

Morning.

Lyrics - Girl, I know the grass is greener, just around the bend.

And you - have a great xmas and enjoy the family time NZC.

Rain finally abated here in the small hours, was persistently heavy all day so I expect a bit of flooding on my run though the hills will help I guess.

What:            easy run
Why:              I feel the need!
Last hard:      resting yesterday
Last rest:       22/12

Yesterday's lyrics were Bend Me, Shape Me by Amen Corner.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning all,

It's the day to travel to family. No chance of a run...  but will take my stuff with me.   Going for a run is my favourite escape from the mother-in-law. In fact, I might up my mileage a bit this week!

Happy Christmas everyone!

Lyrics: No

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

What: hopefully a run, but it's pouring here so have to use my willpower to get out there!

RFJ that's an impressive amount of parkruns!
    LMH agree with you on the pain of sleeping in someone's uncomfortable spare bed...my step mother's is awful and we have 3 nights there next week...
    Pammie hope the last day isn't too stressful

Have a good one all.

• 14 miles run with the odd ankle deep flood to ford and one point that was so deep I had to turn back on myself and find another route - not always easy when you don't know the area but navigating by nose worked out well.

emzap - are you back to the UK for the holidays?

Hope the roads are clear RW - we're back off home after lunch.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • 30  gusting 50 kts with heavy rain overnight
    Many roads flooded, some closed
    Wind now settling but stil wet and dreich

What: Mince Pie Open House at friends' house
    Why: it's almost Christmas
    Last run: Tuesday
    Lyrics: no

Thinking about a short run after work tomorrow ...image

Well done LMH

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Fairly dry here but very windy, in particular the last three miles of this mornings run.

Distance run was 9.7M of which the first 7M was pretty relaxed, then see above.

Hamstring is under control - it usually tightens up over the latter part of my run, but by next morning is OK to go again. Unfortunately I am now experiencing discomfort in my right calf - historically this is the one injury, which if it develops, I am unable to run on and recovery can be anything up to 10-12 weeks.

Tomorrow will be a very slow, very short jog before deciding what to do on it between now and the new year.
  • Afternoon!

LMH:  as I drove down the A50 a couple of hours ago the weather was beautiful...and dry!

Tom: hope calf settles and comes to nothing. It is my calf that is my major running weakness and is what is preventing the physio letting me run yet (nothing adverse from my 4 x 60 metres though!).

What: drive a couple of hours/wrap presents/cook lunch/drive mum to Chester shortly, then pick son up in Chester/Carol Concert/pub
    Why: that time of year.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good afternoon all!

What: Squeezed in a 10k first thing. Been to see Nativity 2 (daft!) and now desperately hunting for a nice present for my Mum to supplement the book I've got her.

Why: Determined not to neglect my marathon training plan.

Last hard: Today.

Last rest : Friday.

Lyrics: Don't think so.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Hi all

dry here all day and very mild,

12.25m done and dusted earlier at 8:12 ave

run planned for tomorrow morning then its CHRISTMAS TIME....image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello all,
    skipped the long run, instead took youngest training and ran around 6 or so easy miles over the fields with a couple of other dads.
    why - being social
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - 5 days
    so glad have none of that insane driving to and fro over christmas 
    lyric - not sure
    work tomorrow (for as short a time as possible) but will hopefully get an hours running done.

Happy Christmas everyone if I don't see you beforehand

• Back again! Meant to say that the temperature today (10.5c) is apparently the same as it was in Manchester on 6 days in August!! Bit like Dubai...not.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Motivated myself to get out in the rain for 3.4 km quite quickly.  I had cabin fever!

Then the worst carol concert I've ever attended!  Now relaxing with some Gluhbier, it's really surprising (we thought it was normal beer) but actually quite nice!

LMH not back for Christmas, but on the 27th-6th so a nice long stay image

Happy Christmas eve eve.

• Evening all,

Managed to get out this morning for an extremely muddy 5.5 mile trail race, my club is doing a competition of 12 races over the next year with your best 10 races counting, and this was the first one, only one race in, but I'm winning so far, so will have to keep it up now! image

Did an even muddier 6.5 trail on Wednesday evening, and although I've not seen the results yet, I've been told I must have done ok as I only went wrong once image

Gonna have a couple of days of relaxing and spending time with family and loved ones, and hopefully be at my best for Witham Boxing day 5, where I'm gonna have a crack at my pb of 33 mins 30...

Hope everyone has a fantastic xmas image