Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• Oh Rexy, what are we going to do with you?

Jason..reckon you might have that lovin' end of term bug that all the kids bring in for usimage. Hope you feel better soon. I'm avoiding all crowds from now on..I hate germs.

Britnick..Ashby 20 is a cracking event, 17th March and it's in Ashby, Leicestershire. Sells out mega-quick due to amount of folks using it as Spring marathon training run. You get a fab hoodie tooimage

Last bit of madness by Brer, entered Gloucester marathon tonight..buggar it, let's go for it in 2013!!!!

• T-Rex you are in the wars!!

Brer you barking mad!!

JD hope you better soon mate

Few runs here this week luvly 6 miles down prom this morning, back on plan tomorrow for Excalibur. Busy time of year for me in our homeless projects getting ready for Christmas image had a local church come into the Rhyl one today to give out presents and sing Christmas carols image
  • jason d, sounds as though you're not well. Rest for a day or two and recharge. It's not obligatory to run every day. I never did and look where it got me. image

SK4, I think TdH is going to be crowded this year. If you're planning to hang onto MarkL's coat tails you'll be well speedy. Our paths might cross as you overtake. If you recognise me from behind (what are the chances of that?) we can exchange a fleeting 'ow do.

br, afraid I won't be able to do Ashby 20. My diary is already full beyond then. (btw I got a nice hoodie last weekend for the Runfurther Grand Slam to add to the collection, so not desperate for another just yet image)

TR, you'll be sucking your thumb for a few nights then? image Hope it's not sore for too long.

I got another PB this weekend on the Staffordshire Moorlands Christmas Cracker (8 miles up around The Roaches). When I last ran it in 2006 - 2008, my times were all 1:13 and some seconds. This year, 1:10 and some seconds. WOW!

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

I haven't fully dismissed the idea of running Gloucester myself yet (50K), since it is on my birthday.  I would be woefully underprepared, though.

Despite being a second degree burn and not going to A&E (starting to get fed up with that place) thumb doesn't seem to be too bad.  Looks horrible with various fluids leaking out.

• BN- well done on yet another PB image

Haven't ruled out Gloucester 50k yet either. Enjoyed it last year- just took it easy without racing....

Well, I felt better after a night's decent sleep. just as well - VLM 2013 training started today. 5.3m am and 6.5 pm - all nice and slow image
  • Why, hi JD! How are you today?

Fine thanks, JD. Been running?

Sure have, matey! 4m recovery this morning and 10m with 4m tempo lite this evening. Legs starting to feel better towards the end of tonight's run. 10.03m in 1.06.55 (6.40 av)image

Sounds like good news! See ya soon

OKimage

• LaudyLaudy ✭✭✭

JD you look like your in desperate need of some company on hereimage but well done on starting marathon training already!

Evening all, been struck down with festive flu since the start of the month, still coughing up manky stuff but now feeling fighting fit so been back out running for the last week or so.  Ran Merythr Mawr Pudding Run on sunday with a stinking hangover on sunday, felt a lot better at the end than at the start but my time was shocking!!!  Still great little run, I'd recommend it guys!

Just sorted my Santa outfit for parkrun on saturday and got my final race of the year booked in for the 30th, Seven Sins in the Forest of Dean, great low key run with a couple of cheeky river crossings so looking forward to that oneimage

Good luck BR for Sunday.  Now final 2.5 days of work to get out of the way........

• Laudy! Hi! Glad you're feeling better and well done on your runs. I hasten to add that the training is forbLondon, not Snod! image good luck with the Santa run!
  • Hey, 'Billy No Mates' Jason..I'm back to amuse and entertain youimage

My VLM training started officially yesterday too-good old P and D rolled into action with a ....rest day. So, went to Spin class madness with the trainer from hell. Tonight was supposed to be a brief 5 mile pre-Portsmouth trot but I have the 'house Christmas decoration' competition finalist to do. Every evening, when running, I mentally judge the decs on all the houses I pass...I've narrowed it down to 2. Thursday's little trot will see me making my final decisionimageimage

Cheers Laudy..running with a hangover is brave esp after flu-but the only way is up now. The hols are in sightimageimageimage

• Hi all, new forumite here. Love Snowdon and have done the last four and will keep doing them for as long as a can. It's the first race I look for every year.

I too am doing Coed y Brenin in June and also the International Snowdon Race in July. Love the area.

I'm from North Wales so I kinda consider them as must do's.
  • Psc- welcome! Last 4 for me too! image
  • Brer- welcome back! P&D for me too, but sans rest day yesterday, or indeed before April.... Might have to revise next Tuesday's schedule though! Lol! Love the competition idea! imageimage
  • LaudyLaudy ✭✭✭

Hi PSC!!!

Hmmmmimage given that I am also doing VLM maybe I am behind???  I was planning on starting Jan 1st.........image (with another hangover imageimage)

• Sounds like a plan Laudy!!

Hi PSC, welcome to the madness!

What's happening next Tuesday? Oh, boring stuff..get yer trainers onimage

• Laudy- don't worry, plenty of people doing VLM won't start until January. Just that I like the structure of a training plan to keep me in line lol! image
  • Hi PS - you a clubmate of Darren Jones? I agree, living in N Wales, with the view of having to do the Snowdonia marathon every year, although I have only done the Snowdon Race the once - I told my wife that I just wanted to do it the once to say that I'd done it, but I'd love to have another crack at it. Glad I did the Coed-y-Brenin event this year, although I had to switch from the full to the half due to issues. Have decided to do the half again, but this time with some decent training under my belt!!

• Howdy gang, how goes it? Packing for Portsmouth marathon plus 8 days hols down South with OH and dog has done my head in tonightimage. How much do you need, I ask myself. Brain fogged anyway due to Christmas party at school and way too much sugar/crisps consumptionimage

Hiya John, how are you?

• Hi John Bach, yes a club mate of Darren, he's one hell of a runner, has give me a few tips along the way too, top fella
  • Out for Xmas do tonight, but managed to squeeze in 12 in 1.26 first though image
  • Interesting day today for me.... 5.03m recovery run this morning. 5.49m recovery run this evening, followed by a 2.63m fancy dress run with club. I was the Spirit of Christmas yet To Come. Blooming hot running in a hooded cloak and a balaclava!image

• Ha ha - love it JD.   Four miles in Santa costume in the rain for me (which felt like 14 miles!), with mince pies and mulled wine en route image - love the last Club run before Christmas (and so it would seem, by the number of tooting car horns, do the locals!!).  

Brer - good luck for the weekend.   Hope the floods recede and you're able to run the route.   RFR a little worried about more rain forecast when I saw him tonight and possibility of not being able to get to race image  Fingers crossed.

• SD- well done, Santa!

Just over 9m tonight before facing shopping....A 6.6kg free range bronze turkey has just taken up residence in my fridge image a weight on the fridge shelf, but off my mind! image
  • Hey SD, had email from organiser..it's still happening! Off to Portsmouth in morning to face wotever! May be in the Solent by Sunday evening!! Phew, Jason..that's a birs and and half!!image

• 2 supermarkets taken on today and an oven cleaned! Nothing like a nice relaxing break from work! image 6m planned for later. Lot of wAter othe roads here. Hope things are ok for everyone on here as far as the rain is concerned....

• 6.46m recovery run done. VERY wet and windy!!

Right, going to have a look at next week's schedule and try to shift things around a bit. No chance of doing the planned 4m and 10m on Tuesday!!image Or so I'm told....image

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Worried about brer - has she floated away??

Had a nightmare round trip to East Cornwall today via assorted trains, replacement buses, and taxis to check Mum's OK for Christmas.  Not driving for another 2-3 weeks until collarbone fully healed.

It's certainly damp underfoot at the moment.

• T Rex- glad you got back ok!

1.2lbs put on here in the last week of dining out and mince pies..image. 16.01m for me today followed by 0.43m warm down. 16.01m in 1.52.19 (7.01 av) splits: 7:27 7:32 7:29 7:23 7:29 7:26 7:16 7:13 6:59 6:56 6:50 6:36 6:35 6:26 6:24 6:15 2image Ok for a fat boy! image

• No running today (yet), but my friends completed the Portsmouth Coastal marathon today and see that Brer got round in a good time too.   Look forward to reading all all about itimage    

Just discovered the Christmassy smileys, so now going to have to type something else just so I can use them image

All the best for the festive season fellow Snodders imageimageimage   Ok, I'll stop now image

• SD-lol!imageimageimageimage

83.92m for the week. It's a startimage

• Hi all,just had a festive mudbath at Portsmouth.went flat on my face into a huge pool of mud just a mile in so resembled something out of World war pne trenches film!!! Cracking event though given the conditions.Ambled in at3:53 so fairly happy given the amount of time i spent on my butt, face etc!!!

Hey Fatboy....you haven't slowed down!!!

Enjoy festive jollies team...not long till entries openimage