ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Hello everyone, sorry I've been away for a while, hasn't been the best of times but all is well now.

I'm not even going to try and catch up, it has moved so fastly. Unfortunately I can't make the tr24, it's the very same weekend I have a wedding I have attend (typical), gutted, but with so many great guys and girls going I'm sure it will be a success.

Merry Christmas and happy running everyone!!!

PS thank you Malcs for sending the mails and sorry I couldn't get back to you till now!!
  • Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a fantastic day ( only 14 mins until I can wake everyone up!)
  • Merry Xmas everyone- hope you all had a good day

Congrats to anyone who managed to get out- i did a short one whilst in laws sat with kids watch tv... nice to have some time to relax after 4.40am start image

• I've just entered Thunder Run! ... As one of a pair! I suspect the 3 or 4 laps will be fun and the rest ... not so much! image I'm really excited!!

Hoping to see you all there!

• How many laps do you hope to do Sarah?
  • Clive....4:40 start....your joking....that's the time I sometimes get in after going out on Xmas eve!
  • Clive - 4:30am start? Eek!! Glad you had a chance to chill ...!

Sarah - No idea... hoping to run - or shuffle - until I drop. Only got 4 in at Endure 24 last year as I was part of a large team of slower runners it was all there was time for. Such a great atmosphere though - like a music festival ... but a lot less alcohol. And more Deep Heat.

• Hmm - do they have a massage tent? image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Hi guys, hope you all had a good christmas, back to work today for me image

managed a few runs in last few days and it was SO nice having my daughter home to run with me. 

• Hi everybody. Apologies for not posting on here for a while. I hope everybody had a good Christmas. There's still plenty of leftovers to finish off, so the healthy eating might have to wait until next week image

Managed a few runs this week so far. I even got out Xmas day, like a few others here. Made the over-indulgence far less guilty afterwards! image

• Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas.

Just been on the Paris Marathon Website and it is now less than 100 days to go!

Good luck to the lucky five.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Greetings one and all - been banned from electronic devices for most of the time we've been away so I'm sneaking in to see what's going on. Hope you all had a great time. I managed much more running than I thought I would this week so I am very happy. 

Shadester - well done on getting out on the big day, very impressive!

Clive, I feel for you. Know all too well what it's like dealing with the little fellas on Christmas day. Thankfully ours slept until 7am and since them have managed to be 8:30-9am most mornings - I've never had so much sleep! image

RRR - great to hear you're signed up. We need to get organised with the bootcamp team. So we have 6: Sarah, Clive, Tigger, Steve, CarroT, Indy. We can enter a 6-8 team and decide on whether you want to bring in extras later. There's options of non-forum people from Tigger and Sarah. 

Now, regarding entering. I think I can do it for you unless anyone else would prefer to do this? I need to have a volunteer for team captain. If I enter the team I can either use my address or the team captain's address. I also need DOB and T-shirt size for all team members. If you can message me with those details a.s.a.p. I'll get the wheels set in motion.

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I too have taken a back seat with the electronic gadgets this week. So much to do with family visiting from all over. Still managed over 40 miles for the week including a 16.5 and a 10 miler so really happy with that.image

I would have loved to take part in the 24 hour thing but have checked dates and am on holiday that weekend so it is a nogo, I'm afraid. image

Looks like you have a good team building there. Shame for some on the Forum 6 but there are many opportunities ahead of us in 2013. Good luck. I hope everyone achieves their respective goals - not least the 5 in Paris!

Anyhow, off to catch up on the other forums now!

• Exciting re TR24 the team!! Sounds like it's all moving along!! imageDS2 - Sorry you can't make it - would have been nice to have presented you with your socks ... I'm determined not to miss a training session now!image

Sarah - they have a massage tent at Endure 24 last year but I'll be a first timer at TR24 so I'm not too sure. Malcs - ...?

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Very many merry merries everyone! Been doing some nice chillaxing and eating and more chillaxing!

Cool pics of all of us at Boot Camp in the latest RW magazine if you haven't already seen them image. Planning on starting my 16wk prep for the VLM on Monday... hoping my prep goes more or less to plan! We must meet up in the designated finish area those of you wanting to and planning to do the VLM image

• I've just got my issue through the post but haven't opened it yet....will have a peak!
  • Hi Carrots! I didn't realise the magazine was out yet!! Eeek! Will have to have a look tomorrow!! image

• Hello everyone, just seen the RW Magazine, great pictures and great memories!!!

• Hi all........it was a nice surprise seeing the photos in the magazine. I didn't realise there was going to something in this month's edition. I'd actually flicked through the magazine and not seen the feature first time around! Very nice indeed!

• Is it in the shops yet or do you guys have a subscription and had it through the post? Did they get my good side?image

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Hi A.W, yes I got my subscription mag in the post yesterday. I got a heads up from a friend otherwise I wouldn't have opened my mag for a few days I don't think image . Sorry I haven't been blogging on your page of late... Christmas R&R and break from internet as DS2 and others have said too. Could only spot you in the collage I think unless you were too quick and shot off the front of the group photo image

RRR I've got such a cool pic of you in your pink socks and top from when we were waiting around for our photos at BC, it's probably the same one I took for you on your camera. It makes me smile & I feel so proud that I have a picture of my little RRR celebrity image Such a nice smiley pic of you too Shady_Ady in the collage, Sarah O looking good in action running on the treadmill and DS2 and Tony getting their pacing right on the track image

• go on tell me..do they mention at all that the runners will be following the asics training plan,......i just need to knowimage

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

do you mean that 'revised' asics training plan seren?

• I've only looked at the pictures, haven't had time to read the text as yet but when I do Seren I will let you know.

Fab picture of DS2 looking like he's having fun, smiling away.
  • Hi everyone, sorry ive not been looking in too much as hectic week with xmas and work...

Great pics of BC- Sarah on treadmill, Tony and DS2 checking thier watches.. All the photos I'm in you can see everything except my face... think I know waht happened on the vote image

Will be offline for a week now as off to Egypt for holiday with the kids- have to run round and round the hotel to get a couple of runs in- my wife told me that I HAD to take my running shoes as she couldn't face me getting twitchy image

• Popping on quickly to wish you all a happy new year, have a fantastic night, all the best for 2013
  • Have a fabulous holiday Clive.
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Happy New Year everyone image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

So...after much thought, I've reset my targets for this year. I'm not going to do a spring marathon, ( but don't worry Malcs, I will be there at GWM to cheer and hand out granola bars). I am going to work on speed, strength n power for the first half of the year, and try and do a 24:00 5k. Then translate all that into a marathon plan to  get me around Snowdonia marathon in the october image

Any one alse setting new targets for 2013 ?