RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Glad to hear that you had a lovely run SCB but I'm sorry to hear about Simons foot, fingers crossed a couple days of rest will settle it so you can start your marathon training on Monday.

Glad your feeling better kiwi.

Sounds like you had a fun morning minni, the spinning at my gym never looks that much fun. 2 days of the drink....will you remain teetotal for the park run tomorrow? We're supposed to be going out for a curry with friends in Newcastle....I'm just trying to decide whether to not drink at all or just have a couple. Think I might just be eating a nan bread aswell!

Any tips on what's safe to eat at an Indians the evening before a park run?

Kfc, I tucked my ponytail underneath my headband as I didnt want to risk being the hunted!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Sarah - I'd recommend you eat your body weight in curry and get totally smashed tonight... tomorrow is just a parkrun afterall! image

....  not that I'm concerned about being beat you understand. image

• Minni - Yes those spin instructors can be scary bitches. Hehe.

Spoons - Yes I hope it's not too serious, and I hope your shin splints are ok.

Becs - I hope your knees aren't too bad.
  • Hahaha water and nan bread with a small amount of grilled chicken it is then Minni!
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Simon - that's a bummer - hope the injury is only a niggle and passes quickly. Still some good miles done

Minni- thought the abstinence started 1st Jan? That must have been psychological torture- spinning to Nelly the Elephant. Was he serious?

Glynn - welcome back..I wasn't here when you were sat here. Always good to see a successful recovery

Scuba- excellent work building up to that IM

Sarah- park runs and curry make an interesting combination. Lucky you

Kiwi- get rid of that lurgy soon.

Chick- great 11 miler sounds fantastic conditions

Spoons- calf compression guards working wonders for me. They may help your shins too.

Weeble - keep going, be patient you'll be back 100% in time

Last run day for me for the year. 10.5 at 7.42mm pace. 2007 for the year. Happy with all that.

No more runs until 6 th Jan.
  • Looking forward to seeing the results of the Newcastle YKW smackdown tomorrow image

Simon - hope it's just a passing niggle.

Got my 5 easy done. Takeaway curry and beer tonight. Haircut and rest day tomorrow, then 20 on Sunday.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Freemers - the real idea of tomorrow is to persuade Sarah that she wants do the the TM marathon in October but keep that one to yourself.image
  • Minni wrote (see)

The last bit was to the Toy Dolls, Nelly the Elephant!!

image image

• Minni wrote (see)
    Freemers - the real idea of tomorrow is to persuade Sarah that she wants do the the TM marathon in October but keep that one to yourself.image

• We're about to go over half a million views image

• Who reads this shite anyway? image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    It'll be that Nell woman stalking us again.
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Free- is it curry and run weekend on this thread .

Minni- do you get a commission for everyone you sign up to TM?

Spoons- are we famous? A bit like Big Brother?
  • Evening all.

Chick - nice running.

Freemers - up to 20 already this weekend???! Scary. How many are you planning on doing!?

Minni - going early with the TM recruits this year?! Why don't you all come do Abingdon instead! It's only the piss up that's any fun in Newcastle!!

Simon - hope its not serious.

ST, 2old - I haven't done any tri training yet. Thinking of getting a turbo!

Good luck with the YKW smack down tomorrow morning!

Has anyone for a garmin 405? Got one off Santa. Dunno how it works. What's the bezel thing?
  • Oh yeah ... Forgot to say. 6 miles steady todayimage
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    AA- I was lent a turbo a few weeks ago but haven't got around to fitting it on yet.

Next year maybe. .nice 6
  • Double checking - is Jantastic the same as last year? Do we only enter amount of runs pwe week for January?
    Loving Minni and Parsnip on 7 image

• AA - Turbos are good, need dvd or music and a session (structured intervals) to stop the boredom. I have a 405, the bezel allows you to move up and down menus. If you want to enter a menu then hold down the bezel where the name of the menu you want is.

• wow thanks for all the messages it really does help to get me motivated again which was why i posted last night as i've put this off for too long now !!

anyway the good news is that the old trainers were dusted off and i headed out without garmin for an easy 4 miler....I managed to get all the way round without stopping and quite surprised when i got home and had managed to ease round in about 8:45 pace. Obviously this felt much harder than it used to but i had no niggles and its a start...I am pledging that this year i will not fall off the wagon and once i get the bug back then other things will hopefully fall into place.I have let myself go too far and for too long and it stops here.

one of the upsides of redundancy has been that i have set up my own company and so for the first time in my life I can actually incorporate running into my daily schedule because i'm my own boss , so once these 3mths of steady buidling are out the way i now have the ability to incorporate training as part of my working day rather than always trying to run in the evening when motivation can sometimes be lacking ( plus we also had our first child this year so evening runs could prove tricky !! ).

Thanks again all...

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Glyn - that all sounds really positive - well done!

2old - I like the turbo.  Its nice to be able to bike in the warmth without having to worry about falling off.

Yes AA, Jantastic is the same as last year.  I see we're not quite a large team image.  Who's frightened of the challenge??  Come on sign up.

I haven't quite managed 2 whole days with no booze..... image 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Minni- re Jantastic. . I've signed up in my alter ego. Is there a deadline to select no of runs as I may not have wifi access ? I use my spin bike inside and haven't fallen off yet. That wagon does rock a lot so don't beat yourself up for falling off.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I think you have to do it before 1st Jan. 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Minni - done! Some psycho is doing 7
  • Minni - I have not yet managed 2 hours let alone 2 days without booze. But shhh, don't tell spoons image
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

image Your secret's safe with me.

• Cool. I will buy you a pint when I see you !
  • I can't remember my last day without a drink...think it was back in November sometime image

Glyn - well done. Stick with us image

Are we a large jantastic team yet?

I might have to think about this turbo seriously. My lack of cycling is starting to panic me already...!
  • Sensible plan Weeble, maybe a few shorter races over the summer?

Freemers - I'm not that much younger.... or thinner.... and I'm sure I'm not faster!

Aw Simon I hope it's not the dreaded PF come back image

It'll come back Glyn, be patient and have faith in yourself image Sounds like something to focus on outside of normal life is just what you need.

ST great Tri training.

Your run sounds lovely Chick, I love clear skies when it's dark image

Maybe take the ipod along to the next spinning session Minni? How many people do we actually need for a large team?!

Loving the blonde ponytail escape stories kfc and Sarah, mine looked like roadkill this morning after 13 soggy miles around the hills of the local forest with some of the fast dudes from the running club.  No hunting down as I was at the back of the pack for the majority of the run  image

Carterusm - your secret may be safe with Minni but there's apparantly 500,000 folks out there with nothing better to do with their time than read our ramblings. 

(Seasons Greetings lurkers)

• Evening All,  Some great races and runs have been posted over the festive season, well done to everyone. I managed to get a run in on Christmas day, had a great excuse to go out in the morning as I had "Forgot" the cream for the Christmas Pud! How shocking that no garages were open!!!  I did get loads of negative comments about going outimage

Total mileage for last week was 22miles, my lowest mileage week since October, so will start to get into a routine and put more miles in the tank over the next few weeks.

Good luck Minni and Sarah at the parkrun tomorrow.

Welcome back Glyn, have you signed up to Jantastic yet?

Ref Jantastic, do we need to put in our predictions for Feb and March now?

• Gazelle - hope you enjoyed the Christmas Day cream expedition, I got a few comments about the run too (I don't know why, I arrived at everyone's houses at the time I said I would be there)  The predictions for February and March open up a bit closer to each month, maybe a week before? So the last week in January put in February's predictions. I think February is weekly number of runs, plus a target mileage for the long run image