Saturday 29th December 2012

Moning! Wild and windy but not wet...although it looks as if it should be.

Lyrics: Every Day She Takes A Morning Bath To Wet Her Hair

What: a walk whilst watching local parkrun. Hope to include a small amount of running.
Why: needs must

GGG is racing parkrun, and I dare say RFJ  is. Anyone else competing this weekend?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Hold Back the River by Wet, Wet, Wet.

Wild and windy here too - in fact it's been blowing a hooley all night. Forecast rain to go with it but it's just drizzle at the moment. I think I shall be joining Blisters cycling in the garage.

What:               threshold turbo
    Why:                weather
    Last hard:        2/12
    Last rest:         22/12

Lyrics - familiar but can't quite place them.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning all

Back out again this morning after no running yesterday.  Windy here too but at least not raining yet!

What: 4 mile run

Why: training for Brighton Marathon in April

Lyrics - listened to a podcast of The News Quiz review of 2012

Thanks for all advice about trail shoes - will get to a shop and try a few out before making a decision.

Little M.iss Happy - yes, long days for me at work.  I work Front of House at a theatre so had two pantomime shows yesterday to look after.  More of the same today - will be in work from 10.30am - 10.00pm.

• Morning again!

I spoke too soon: that was wet, wet, wet! Only watched the first few finishers at parkrun as it was so wet: back home for 9.35!
    3.5k walk including 2 sets of 5 x 100 metres slooowly run with stretches after each and 5 minutes walk/stretch between sets. Seemed fine, except thighs seem terribly weak. Hopefully there will be no Achilles, calf or any other reaction and I will run a little more in a day or two.

Seems a very quiet, ordinary day. (Oh no it doesn't for DaveyP!)

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning all,

I did Ipswich Parkrun this morning, was pretty windy and legs are still tired from racing boxing day, but got round in 21:39... Only the second time I've done a 5k so a pb by about 3 minutes! image

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya, 
    nice one sweep..
    Davey - I bet you know all the corny gags off by heart now.... 
    I'm with Blisters - eating crap until at least February
    what - well youngest moving up to age graded squad training (swimming) so at the pool this morning at half 6 for a 2hr session...I did an easy 5 mile run...
    why - cross country race tomorrow. Wet I should imagine.
    last hard - thursday
    last rest - 15days
    lyric - I think I should...

have a great day

• Good afternoon!
    What: parkrun.
    Why: Last day home for Christmas so I was hoping to beat my PB at Richmond, but alas was 41 seconds off. I blame the wind! Well done on the pb Sweep!
    I've found a few races early next year to consider. Age UK Wrap up and Run at Crystal Palace (not run there before), the Stroke Association Resolution 5/10/15k in Regent's Park which my flatmate's also keen to do, and most excited for the Where's Wally fun run in Victoria Park!!!! Might try the Epsom Oddball's Perch, has anyone done that one?

• Not done any of them races before, but I did spend yesterday working out some races for myself to do next year, will do the 2 local 5 mile races again to see if I can finally crack my pb.

Gonna do thetford forest 10k and British 10k, although doubt either are suitable for pb's.

Great Bentley half marathon in feb, but will use it as a training run in build up to Essex 20 road race in march, and finally keilder marathon in October image
  • Wild through the night but now a lovely winter morning. image
    Boat did go to Aberdeen last night (with youngest daughter on board) but was late out and 3.5h late getting in to Aberdeenimage

What: Swim around Tingwall pier followed by 7.5 mile loop with lovely views in a lovely light (followed by unintentional further swim rescuing thermometer which had drifted outimage) Good start to weekendimage
    Why: A lot of folk ask thatimage
    Last Hard: a while agoimage
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: appropriate!
    Still a PB Sweepimage
    (I've only raced one 5k and that was 4d after my first HM)

• Official time of 21:40, bang on 3 minutes off my first time... I'll take that image
  • Well done sweep!

OH - you wouldn't have needed the sea to get soaked through here today though it does seem to be drying up a little. May even make it out for a walk if the wind drops too.

Dustin - these young swimmers have to be dedicated, not sure I'd have made the early start training sessions - not that I was ever one to lay in bed of a morning.

Davey - the 'lyrics' is whether you recognise the lyrics posted at the start of the thread or not.

My what turned into 90 minutes on the turbo with 3 x 20 minute efforts off 5 min recoveries.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Little M.iss Happy - oops!!  Didn't realise.  Anyway, no idea on the lyrics.....

• Surely yesterday's lyrics were Status Quo? If not, why not? (Just checked them out in detail for accuracy, and let's just say I was close but not close enough).

Personally, I spent an altogether pleasant 3h20m on the turbot-rainer, knocking out 52 miles. Whilst bike training I double tasked with watching a PADI Scuba Diving DVD, so I was Scuba training too! I kept looking behind me but couldn't see LMH.

What temperature was the sea today?

Congrats and boldness gongs for anyone ballsy enough to get out into the weather today.

• RFJ (and junior): on tour, I see! Look like a couple of decent performances!
    Sounds fun, OH!
    Well done, Sweep!
    GGG:
    interesting list of races. I've run at the Palace and I found it to be quite a tough course. Also done Regent's Park: couldn't be much flatter!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Well, finally made it to the UK after 8 hours of driving.  You guys weren't lying about the weather!  

GGG Christmas eating is definitely not over!  We've now had 3 cold turkey and ham lunches/dinners with "oh, you'll have missed out on this this year" attached to them.  AGH!
    Hello all you newbies
    Ale sounds like great progress 

What: an incredibly slow, windy and muddy Black Park parkrun.
    Why: I'm somewhere i can do parkrun!!!!!!
    Last hard: one step forwards, half a step back at parkrun! 

Have a good one all.