Sunday 30th December 2012

Morning.

Lyrics - Winter comes around, And he knows he is homeward bound, His heartbeat is the only sound he's known,

Welcome back emzap - hope the beds aren't too lumpy and the turkey runs out soon!

What:            LSR (though not very long)
Why:             time and opportunity - if I can find a non-flooded route
Last hard:     realising how quickly my holiday is disappearing
Last rest:      22/12

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning! Was just about to submit my thread, LMH, when I thought I'd double check to see if it had been started...and whilst it has, I don't know the lyrics.

Yesterday's lyrics were: Another Day, Paul McCartney, 1970. His first single as a non-Beatle, I believe.

What: a walk

Not aware of any reaction to yesterday's "run".

Well done on the parkrun Emzap.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Lyrics - well got to be from one of my favourite singers, Kate Rusby with Wandering Soul!

What: nothing - having to go into work so the LSR postponed until tomorrow morning.

Instead - 10 minute walk to work

Last run - yesterday 4miles

Hope everyone has a good day

• Hello all. Old friends and new ones too I hope.

What: 2hrs15, mostly on the beach

Why: getting long run distance back up

Don't know the lyrics. A normal state of affairs.
  • Hi M! Long time no see! Hope all is well (and looking at the length of your run the running side of things is going well!)

Davey:  you are not the first one to make a mistake with the lyrics!! The idea is that someone posts them and then everyone says whether they know them or not. They are then revealed the next day! You'll get the hang of it! (What do you mean, Oh no he won't!)

Sun is out! That means it will rain shortly!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hi Alehouse. All is very well thank you! On the running side I'm just getting back into it after a decent recovery period following a couple of marathons in October. On everything else life is very good.

Hope you are doing well. Injury recovery perhaps from reading that post? I will go and read back a bit.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning,

Welcome back M

What: just under 5 km
    Why: it's a beautiful sunny day
    Lyrics: no

Run was a bit on road, then did the rest off road on trails.  Incredibly muddy (I nearly lost my shoe at one point) but also fun.  For a 5km, it was a killer though.  No doubt I'll feel it tomorrow.

LMH bed still lumpy, turkey seems to have stopped for the moment though!
    Ale glad you didn't have a reaction to yesterday's run image

Have a good one all

• Oh god, so sorry Little M.iss happy.  Thanks for putting me right Alehouse

I'll get it right eventually - must be too much panto addling my brain!

Have a good day

• M. Had an Achilles op in October. Last ran properly last January. Progressing quite well given that a month or so ago I struggled to walk the 500 metres to the nearest shop (and pub!). How did your maras go?
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Welcome Davey P and Hello M

Been away up in Yorkshire tha last few days, now home, but did have a great York Parkrun yesterday, coming home in 8th 1 place and only 10 secs behind Jnr, with a nice 18:57.

A far cry from my aborted run on the friday when I just felt awful... amazing how 24 hours can make all the difference.

9.25m earlier

Mara Training starts tomorrow again....

No idea with the lyrics

Take care

• Welcome back M.

God news there was no adverse reaction Alehouse. When are you back at the physio?

No worries Davey - it's not a big deal - and it's nice that someone else likes Kate, I hadn't heard this one until I saw her in November and she played it which led to me buying '20'. Love it, though it's also a little sad.

14 miles run. A little blustery in places - and the background wind isn't great, lost 20 secs/mile running in to the wind - but apart from some strange navigation when faced with flooded roads an enjoyable run.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Welcome Davey

Hallo M.

What: probably book by fire!

Why: Windy gray and wet

Last rest: Friday

Lyrics : no I wouldn't have known.

Alehouse glad there have bee no repercussions
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hiya everyone, 
    lyric - well I do now, but still none the wiser...
    Good stuff RFJ with the park run, and another decent mileage run LmH
    and welcome back M, its been a very long time!!!

what - Cross Country race. Muddy and wet is a gross understatement. Had a pretty decent run, not enough to be a club scorer but was just behind a group of guys who normally leave me trailing. Club 1st overall, so all in all a good day.
    Legs mashed now.
    why - what else is ther to do on a Sunday morning?
    last rest - 16 days
    last hard - getting the mud off today

• Thanks for the welcomes

Alehouse - my partner had his Achilles operated on in March. Painful and annoying but a complete success. He also ran one of those marathons in October so comeback is officially complete.

The marathons went well thanks. New PB for the first one. Second one was only a week later and was just for fun (and because my partner was running it). It went surprisingly well too. Not sure I'd choose to do 2 that close together again though!

Well raced RFJ (and jnr) and Dustin.

LMH - good long run there. Navigational issues from flooding can't help at all. It's often very windy here so I'm pretty used to runs being slow one way and fast the other. Good strength training!
  • Evening all,

I had a rest day today, although having raced twice this week, it's probably for the best.

Doubt I'll do anything tomorrow, it's my 32nd birthday, so the aim will be to not earn too much of a hangover so I'm good for a planned trail race (fittingly named the hangover hobble) on Tuesday.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

• Evening

What 17.65
    Why long soggy run
    Lyrics I'm with Dustin

The weather looked quite promising when i started out but after 1/2 a mile the rain started quickly followed by intense hail for the next 3 to 4 miles. This then turned to rain again and then gradualy dried up.

Hope for a drier run tomorrow.

• Lyrics, no idea, despite the strong clue. Never heard of it.

LMH, nice MEDIUM runimage
    Postie almost into the long category, just needed 0.35 miles.
    M is posting 2:15, I suppose that counts as the long run, being more than 2 hours.
    ( I think that Scrouge has re-appeared)
    Alehouse, a steady progress.
    Emz, Dustin, the muddy XC is a killer session.
    Sweep, happy birthday, youth. My car was 8 years old when you were born.

Anyway. 8+ miles on the rolling course, knocked out at a very pleasing 7:40m/m. The legs knew about that one. I think that we'll call it a lactate threshold session. I had to be home for lunch.