2013 Marathon Thread

Opens door to the new thread for 2013, welcome to the new forum lets hope 2013 is a year full of PB's no matter what the distance.

Comments

• Can't wait for 2013!

A bit of a wild morning here but 12.6 miles done in hail and gales first then as soon as we started uphill running through ankle deep snow/blizzards. Kayanos not happy. A great run and wore comp socks so calf ok and no stitch! Drank lots yesterday as I read it could be dehydration.

Hope your LSR is in better conditions NP. Any ill effects after yesterday's mountain run? image

Highest mileage month of the year! image (injured/comeback for most of it but nice to see!)

F

• Looking forward to the highs and lows of 2013 too image

....the build up to the spring marathons begins in earnest now image

• Great to see you putting the miles in again Teknik aftr the injury. Nice mileage for the year and also AGF.

imageimageimage 

62.4 miles this week, highest since March 2011!

F

• Great running Fiona thats two great days training and 200+ miles for the monthimage and a great 62.4 (no OCDimage) for the week.

AFG let the training start image.

• Found you allimage

Fiona- well done on the mileage milestoneimage

NP- Nice running in horrible weather- same hereimage

17m for me today with 8 at MP. Very hard and I have got a lot of work to do before April- but I'll put the effort inimage 17m in 1.55.43 (6.48 av) splits: 7:22 7:27 7:26 7:26 7:28 7:25 7:20 7:20 7:01 6:14 6:15 6:07 6:12 6:13 6:13 6:08 6:07

87.53m for the weekimage

• Great long runs jason and NP! image

Not bad on the OCD now NP although the guy I was running with did not know why we ran to the end of the car park and back image I could not stop at 12.51! (jason how could you!! image) He is a non gadget, runs in shorts in the snow sort of person so would not understand. image I told him it was a cool down although we were both almost hypothermic!

F

• Woohoo happy new thread!

Bad boy and went on the piss last night, maybe get 4 miles in tonight.
  • Fiona - lol! image

Spark- I too over indulged last night- which didn't help with the long run!!

Surprise good news this morning- no weight gain during Xmas week!!! Don't ask me how that happened! Lol! imageimage
  • Jason that's great running at this stage and looks like you won't have to add very much to your workouts.

Fiona you been working on the OCDimage

Spark enjoy your run.

• NP- I did stop on several occasions because I thought I was going to be sick! image Not sure if it was lack of fitness or a response to last night's wine and port, but will have to sort it before VLM imageimage
  • But even with the stops the pace per mile is very good.
  • So here you all are image

Had a quick look at old thread 

NP  call it  character building, 17 miles in conditions like that is mentally tough going, well done.

Tec nice to see you getting 14 plus done..hope the knee holds out 

Jason if you had put on weight over Xmas on nearly 100 miles a week there would have been no hope whatsoever for the rest of us !! fabulous run impessive pace indeed. I haven't put any marathon pace into my long runs yet, but have done some shorter up to 9.5 miles at marathon pace is that ok doing it like that ? I do intend running with my club for some marathon pace stuff as I think I will find it easier to maintain pace in company, I have been running my LSR by HR and maintaining a steady 70-75%

Fiona ah your not not so lucky with the weather today, well done on toughing it out 

66.05 miles for the week !! (no ocd here either NP) 

Having said that when I got to my front door I had done 17.57 ..so thought I would have to make it up to 17.6 but then decided 17.65 sounded much better, I had to stop then or I would have HAD to go up to 18 ..but I needed the loo !!

17.65 miles for me in 2 hours 47 keeping eye on HR and managing to keep it under 75% average was 72% ave pace 9.30s..a good few hills round here so pleased with that, especially as I have just finished a run of 3 nights shifts and only had 4 hours kip this morning..4 nights off now image

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

No marathons or half marathons on the horizon for me next year, however I'd really like to get a new 5k and 10k pb since this year as been pb less!  Still it's been the most amount of miles I've ran in a year (304) compared to 2011 (265) & 2010 (217).  I've not got the figures handy for the other years however they were about the 200 mile mark.

• No Pain - March Larne Half Marathon, April VLM, August World Police and FIre Games Half Marathon

NN enjoy your nights off.
  • NN- awesome running with so little sleep! You are so right about it being easier to maintain mp in company, or ideally a race. I struggle after a few miles with a bad case of CBA on occasion image
  • Ooh, race list! image

Jan

Feb- jason d, Tregaron HM

Mar- No Pain, Larne HM; jason d, Llanelli HM

Apr- No Pain, jason d, VLM

May

Jun

Jul

Aug- No Pain, World Police and Fire Games HM

Sep- jason d, Lake Vyrnwy HM

Oct- jason d, Snowdonia Marathon

Nov

Dec
  • Jan 
    Feb- jason d, Tregaron HM , NN Plymouth Hoe 10 mile
    Mar- No Pain, Larne HM; jason d, Llanelli HM , NN Bideford HM, Gloucester 20
    Apr- No Pain, jason d, NN, VLM 
    May 
    Jun 
    Jul 
    Sep- jason d, Lake Vyrnwy HM, NN Bristol HM
    Nov 
    Dec    
  • Can I join in?

So far I'm doing Nairn 10k and Inverness HM in March, Loch Ness marathon in September
  • SC come on do the list properly !! or no you cant join in image

• Think we'll have to confine the list to HM or longer too, otherwise it will become huge! And this is a marathon thread, right?
  • Jan

Mar- No Pain, Larne HM; jason d, Llanelli HM , NN Bideford HM, Gloucester 20; sc Inverness HM

Apr- No Pain, jason d, NN, VLM

May

Jun

Jul

Sep- jason d, Lake Vyrnwy HM, NN Bristol HM; sc Loch Ness

Nov

Dec
  • Jan 
    Mar- No Pain, Larne HM; jason d, Llanelli HM , NN Bideford HM, Gloucester 20; sc Inverness HM, Spark; Inverness HM
    Apr- No Pain, jason d, NN, VLM, Spark; Manchester M.
    May- Spark; Edinburgh M
    Jun 
    Jul 
    Sep- jason d, Lake Vyrnwy HM, NN Bristol HM; sc Loch Ness, Spark; Lochness M, GSR HM.
    Nov 
    Dec

• Gosh, lots of us doing Inverness half (me too! image)

Could some kind person please add me for VLM or tell me how to - no idea how to do it! image Thanks image

Just trying to decide on an autumn marathon - Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Moray... (does not quite have the same ring to it with Elgin being in my original home town!)

F

• Jan

Mar- No Pain, Larne HM; jason d, Llanelli HM ; NN Bideford HM, Gloucester 20; sc Spark, Fiona C, Inverness HM, ;

Apr- No Pain, jason d, NN, Fiona C, Spark,VLM; Manchester M.

May- Spark; Edinburgh M

Jun

Jul

Sep- jason d, Lake Vyrnwy HM, NN Bristol HM; sc Loch Ness, Spark; Lochness M, GSR HM.

Nov

Dec
  • Fiona - there you go image
  • Jan 
    Feb- jason d, Tregaron HM , 
    Mar- No Pain, Larne HM; jason d, Llanelli HM ; NN Bideford HM, Gloucester 20; sc Spark, Fiona C, Inverness HM, ; 
    Apr- No Pain, jason d, NN, Fiona C, Spark,VLM; Manchester M. 
    May- Spark; Edinburgh M 
    Jun 
    Jul 
    Nov 
    Dec

There you go Json I have removed my 10 miler 

• Thanks jason image 

Might have a rest day today.....image 

F