Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• panad- I know which i'd rather too!image

Just booked my accommodation for next year's raceimage. Just need to make sure that I get my entry in tooimage

• Jenf come along for the ride!!

JD good going mate.

Brer hi!!!!

Panad well done on 14 miles and surviving shopping trip!! Did think about calling!! So the house is yours!! image we will have to sort excalibur training run out, you still up for it? image
  • panadpanad ✭✭✭
    TR40, yes the house is ours image just need to get it in order now...!

Yup, still up for excalibur, just need to check with Mr panad re childcare, but as far as I know it's ok.
  • Hi all... A run with wild New Forest ponies tonight with headtorch over moors...wow! They cantered along my side...wow. Jb glad u r better mate. Jason lol re core training. Panad-sounds a killer bud,however-did u bag a bargain? Tr40-excalbur calls!
  • Brer that run sounds amazing!! and yes excalibur calls!!image
  • Brer- sounds fun, but maybe also slightly dangerous.......!
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Just finished marking my final script for 2012!  It was rather an ultramatrathon this autumn/early winter session.  6 weeks now since I brokemy collarbone and it seems to have mended after a fashion but an ugly bump on top of my shoulder.  More concerning is that since Dec 19 I have been getting pain down the upper part of the arm which feels a bit like a combination of a muscle tear (with that slight 'liquid' feeling and burning sensation) and an electric shock.  Can stop me in my tracks sometimes.  Seeing a consultant on 2 Jan to see what's what.  Haven't run since mid-Nov image.

Anyway, glad to see the thread is as upbeat as ever, led by the irrepressible jason.  If you were a dog you'd be a Labrador.

• Woof! image

Hopefully, the sensations you describe are all part of the healing process, Mr Rex....
  • panadpanad ✭✭✭
    That really doesn't sound good TRex image,I hope you get some answers on the 2nd..well done on finishing the marking though image

Brer that sounds like a great run, not so sure i'd've liked the ponies alongside myself, especially at night, though. Yes, the girls did get some great bargains, so was definitely worth it image

Right, off out to do around 7 miles in an attempt to bring my 2012 mileage to at least 100miles for each month - tis just numbers I know, but something I want to do so I amimage, I actually ran a lot more miles over the course of the year last year, but when I got to the end of December and realised that in November I'd only run 99 I felt a little disappointed that I hadn't looked a few weeks earlier and done that extra mile, and decided it was a target for 2012. Oh well, it's actually made it more of a challenge this yearimageimage
  • T-Rex hope they sort that mate image

Panad go girl emm might set myself that challenge for next yearimage

8 miles this morning need 16 to round mine off to a 1000 for the year, lot less than last year but hey ho image
  • Panad- well done on the mileage

TR40- you too, mate!

I will be around 100m down on last year, but that's ok after missing a lot of training in April and May.

6.5m recovery run in monsoon conditions here! Unbelievable how quickly the road was transformed into a river!

See that Snod came in at no.2 in RW's marathon 2012 list. Better get those entries in early this year!
  • panadpanad ✭✭✭
    7.8miles done, so target reached image

Just had a look at my log on fetch and am surprised to see that I'm only about 80miles down on last year,I thought/it feels like I've done a lot less!

I know what you mean about running through rivers JD,I seem to have done quite a bit the last few weeks and have been shocked a few times when I've been out in heavy rain on a short loop and it can be almost/just covering the road on the way out and ankle/more deep on the way back..
  • Cheers jd & TR. Had a cracking social club run today up Conwy Mountain (twice) Penmaenbach, Alltwen and a bit of the North Wales Coast Path - very wet, but very enjoyable - my ankling is grumbling a bit now after the numerous falls, but I am hoping a wee dram (or two!?) of Jura will ease the pain

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Sounds like fine JB image and there's nothing like a wee dram to take your mind off any nigglesimage
  • Diolch panad - more than one wee dramimage

• JB enjoy matey image your run sounded fun.
  • JB- Long run with a hangover here todayimageimage Hope the ankle's ok now...

17m for me today with 8 at MP. Very hard and I have got a lot of work to do before April- but I'll put the effort inimage 17m in 1.55.43 (6.48 av) splits: 7:22 7:27 7:26 7:26 7:28 7:25 7:20 7:20 7:01 6:14 6:15 6:07 6:12 6:13 6:13 6:08 6:07

87.53m for the weekimage

• Surprise good news this morning- no weight gain during Xmas week!!! Don't ask me how that happened! Lol! imageimage
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

just thought id let you know I decided on my run this afternoon to go for Snowdonia marathon! So I may be lurking on here a lot to pick up tipsimage

Jason d, also clicked on my run this afternoon where i'd seen you name before.. Llanelli parkrun thread! 

does anyone else sort their life out when running???

• Jenf- Yep- Llanelli PR thread image In the area today as it happens- on the Swiss Valley cycle route- a great favourite of mine for LRs. Well done on making a good choice btw image If I didn't sort out my life when running, when else would I find time to do it? image
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    lol I was on that track this afternoon aswell!
  • Jenf- what time? I was wearing a blue San Domenico 20 short sleeve shirt and carrying a bottle with a yellow jacket tied around my waist- unless it was on, but off more often! image I was there between 12 and 2
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    ah, I wasnt there later jason, bout 2.30. would have been funny if I had passed you though! I always say hi to other runners image
  • jenf- me too image Maybe see you next week image
  • Any tips for trail shoes.want a pair that I can use for a little bit of road aswell was looking at salomon speed cross.looking at between 70_80 pound thx
  • powell- I've got a pair of Adidas Swoop. Think they were pretty cheap, but work well for me. For the more gnarly stuff, I use Inov8 Mucclaws, but not much good on the road

Just missed the rain for another 5m recovery run! Which brings 2012 to a close for me! So thought I should have a look back at the year- My best so far image

My Running Year 2012:

3318.83 m in 434:38:35 (7.53 av) image

PBs at 5k, 10k, 10m, HM and mara.image

Ran my first ultra in Januaryimage- won the second one in Marchimage and ranked 17th for 50k on Power of 10 image

Here's to 2013!!!! Happy New Year Everyone!! XXXimageimageimage

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Right.  Entries open tomorrow, so time for one of these:

3:09

• Ultra Disco Stu

3:30

• Greg C.
    • stephen kavanagh 4

3:49

• Run Jono (7th SNOD)

4:00

• BritNick

Also running

• brer rabbit
    • Caity
    • Cap66
    • ChefRunner31 (3rd SNOD)
    • Chrissi
    • Danster 999
    • Fenland Runner
    • ffRAN
    • Fiona Evs 7
    • HeOw
    • jason d
    • jenf
    • joe 26.2 (3rd SNOD)
    • John Bach
    • KingKenny
    • Laudy
    • Leigh C-H
    • mcs
    • Mr Ben
    • Mr panad
    • Other Half
    • panad
    • paulsamchrimbo
    • pinkbug (1st SNOD)
    • Reydon Rover (5th SNOD)
    • Snowdonia Snail
    • Steve J
    • STEVE TAYLOR 27
    • stilldreaming
    • Tattooed Runner41
    • The Lazy Greyhound
    • touie 2
    • T Rex
    • wayne mayer 2
    • Fellrunner
    • T Rex (100th mara)
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Great stats, jason.  Hope that's accurate to the nearest second?  And did you count gun times or chip times for your races?

• TRex- not starting that one again!

2.59 or bust for me please, matey image