Lyrics - No more champagne, And the fireworks are through

Enjoy your dip OH.

Race well Blisters.

Sounds good M!

What:                   easy run
Why:                    it's NYD
Last hard:            resting yesterday
Last rest:             last year

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Happy New Year from me as well!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Both Sides Now", Joni Mitchell. (I've looked at life from both sides now...)

Today's lyrics: yes, but not a fan of this particular number.

What: watching parkrun with my kit on
    Why: a gentle, short run to test the Achilles and calf before seeing physio tomorrow.

Back later.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Happy New Year to all on here

Happy New Year ale and LMH

Lyrics: Not sure...

• Happy New Year!

No idea on today's lyrics. Much more normal for me.

what: 60mins easy this time along to and then down by the river
    why: just getting out there and getting some kms done.

hope the achilles feels ok alehouse. 

• ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Good morning and very best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!

Lyrics: no idea!

What: pakrun

Why: New Year's Day special and an easy 4 on the marathon plan

Last hard: Toss up between Sunday's 14 miler or Thursday's reps (3 x 2000 m with 3 min recovery); Think Thursday wins - brought on a migraine with the effort.

Last rest: Friday

Have a grand day whatever you're doing.
  • Morning All

Happy New Year!

Lyrics: not sure....

What: 7 mile plod coming up... Back later.

Have a great day

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all and a very happy new year!

what - park run (my first for 3 years) with my 11yo (her first). Stayed 10-15m behind her all the way round, needn't have worried she coped pretty well. 25:50ish I think
    why - easy leg strtetcher to start the yea
    last hard - Sunday
    last rest - 18days

lyric - dont think so

• Morning again!

parkrun report here, too, not that I did it! RAN 1k but it was a struggle: not with the Achilles but the fact that I am the  most unfit I have ever, ever, ever been. Hopefully there will be no repercussions from the Achilles/calf etc, other than a good telling off from the physio tomorrow.

Future plan is NOT to run so much as to train via run/walk. No rush, but on the otherhand I have only got 366 days to get fit! image

Saw 7D at the parkrun and had a good chat. Decent run from him as well, particularly considering it was his 3rd race in 4 days, and considering it was New Year's Eve yesterday.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 13 miles from me, had to stop myself from doing more, it's a lovely day out there and the return to work tomorrow will curtail my activities for a couple of weeks after which I shall be tapering for Brass and then  recovering - it will be February before I know it!

Naughty Alehouse - hope you haven't upset the achilles.

A good first parkrun from Miss D there - is she intending to do it regularly Dustin?

Sounds as though you have some lovely places to run M.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all, and a very happy new year to you all

Back from a parkrun double, Andover at 9 then Newbury at 10... 21:07 and 20:05.

just under 8 miles for the day

Take care

• Hi all, Happy New Year!

What: Serpentine 10k in Hyde Park.

Why: Lord knows! Despite going to bed at 4am quite the worse for wear I somehow ran a PB! I felt really good and strong throughout but wasn't even pushing hard until the last km so am amazed by my time. under 54.30, my best by several minutes! Beautiful day for it so very glad I did it.

Lyrics: Don't know.

ale good on you for the illicit 1k. well done parkrunners.
  • Lovely sunny morning here

What: 5 minute swim followed by 8 miles (done)
    Why: too good a morning to waste
    Last rest: Sunday
    Last Hard: a while ago
    Lyrics: no

Saw in NY by entering Snowdonia ...

Clag 7D DD MissDD RFJ GGG - That's a keen start to the year's races!
    LM.H Alehouse Davey_P straight into the new year

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Coooeeeeee

Happy New Year

Hello M - Nice to see you here..

Hello Davey

Well done parkrunners. Naughty Alehouse. Hope Achilles and everything else doesn't grumble too much

OH Wahey!!!! its on my bucketlist if i can sort out the training

GGG was meant to do it but due to lack of the erm trining i passed  good job too, as todays little run almost killed me, memo to self i'm not 21 anymore

What: 2.21 miles
    Why strt the year as i mean to go on
    Last Hard: That was legs potested big time (heart/lungs ok)
    Last Restimageecember (all of it)

Lyrics No i googled was surprised if it is who google tells me

• Well done GGG! Great start to the year.

Pammie - starting as you mean to go on!

When is Snowdonia OH?

• Nice - you get the better weather to train in. A bit hilly for me I think image

• Happy New Years to you all, and may 2013 exceed your expectations.

The day certainly started in a most pleasant fashion. Despite my best efforts last night there was no hangover. My New Year resolution (once again) is to cut down on the intake. The sun was shining, the air was fresh. Let's go for a run.

Race: on road 5 miler. Out and back with hillyness starting after a mile and a half.
    Target? Hmm, being so long out of the circuit this was a wild guess, but 35:00 would see me ecstatic. 7 minute miling is something I have barely touched in 3 years.

Bang: The leaders are off. The second pack is off. I'm Larry Loner. Run by perceived effort.
    Mile 1: 6:31 with HR 144. At that pace this is going to be amusing for the crowd and his dog.
    Mile 2: 6:59 with HR 154. That hill is always a bit of a bitch. I took it steadily.
    halfway 16:55 - I'm working for this one, and am passed by the First Lady at the marker. No, not Michelle Obama.
    MIle 3: 6:53 with HR 152. The hilly sections are now done. So am I. Some Young Turk arrives on my shoulder, and offers encouragement to the Old Git.
    Mile 4: 6:37 with HR 154. Actually I kept looking and it was showing 160+ which is a bit too high. Young Turk being such a pet. I'm sounding rough, but know that I have this one bagged. I can hear that he's on the ragged edge, so all I have to do is to time my big push to perfection. I elect for the short sprint from the last corner, 150m, and at the appropriate time give it Max Welly. My short sprint is just that. I'm running 100m to the line at my previous pace, just hoping that I've done enough. I had. The Old Git stuffs the Young Turk.
    Mile 5: 6:33, ave HR160 and a max of 167.
    Total time 33:42 Pure Ecstacy. This is, of course, a Category PB as a V50, as it's my first proper comeback race.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

good stuff blisters, ggg, RFJ and ale on his 1k! Nice run in there too LmH!
    LmH - Youngest may do a few more park runs, but tends to clash with swimming (6.30-8.30am is saturdays session in the pool). We are going to try to do one every month/6 weeks, more as a guage of progress really if the opportunity presents itself. 

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Hey Blisters Well done good racing

Went out after for a bike ride  did 6.35 miles because while i've not set any  2013 goals up (well just the one) Hopefully i'll run more than i did last year  but if i don't  i won't worry but  kinda decided i'd like to try 2013 bike miles thats a mere 5.51 ish daily average so already i'm up

Why? Because its a silly idea and its  more or less double what i did in 2012

• Lyrics - I listened to this at 11.55 last night and no one else remembered it! Great song and fab group, 'Happy New Year' to you all.
  • Great racing and report Blisters!

Sounds like a good idea if you can fit it in Dustin.

• Evening all, and happy new year

I did my planned trail race this morning, 6.7 miles of mud and hangover! Glad I did it though as certainly sorted my head out.

Some really good efforts from everyone today, well done all.

• Too many well dones to mention individually...apart form Blisters' particularly enjoyable report!

I, too, heard the lyrics yesterday, albeit on the radio in the morning: not the greatest number from this foursome, in my view.

• Nice work on all the new years day racing.  Especially a parkrun double (!) RFJ and congrats on a big PB for GGG at the Serpie 10k (good luck with the new job tomorrow).

LMH - yes its lovely for running here.  Although often very very windy.  You get used to it though.

Nice report Blisters, and good racing.  I'm also cutting down the intake although I started my resolution 2 weeks early. 

Hi Pammie! Its good to be back image