Tight/Lycra Shorts

Do any males on here run in only lycra shorts? Thinking about switching to lycra shorts but wanted other peoples opinions on them beforehand.

Thanks

Comments

• Run in nothing else, Skins compression, shorts and full length tights
  • Might have to make the jump then! Is there any difference between compression shorts (like those that footballers wear under their shorts) and lycra 'running' shorts?
  • Not certain as i have never played football, compression products such as those made by Skins, 2XU, UnderArmour and others are widely used within running as they are supposed to help with fatigue and recovery.
    I use Skins simply for the comfort they provide me above all, my favorite products are the Skins A400 range.
  • The current tight/lycra shorts i have for football are these -

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l470/scfc1863/nike-pro-core-6inch-inside-leg-compression-shorts-black-l-19814-p.jpg

would these be okay to run in?

• One way to find out Jordan  .. just try them, whats the worst that can happen?  image
  • I always am, I'm a woman  image

• Just a question is it okay to wear lycra tights around at home?I just don't want my flatmates to think i'm gay

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Why would you care if your flatmates thought you were gay?  Is there something wrong with being gay?

• None of my gay mates wear lycra tights around the house.

Do you think they might be closet heteros? image

P.S. Jordan: Some lycra shorts are designed to be worn under other shorts and definitely have an 'underwear-y' look about them. I'd say those ones you've posted a pic of look like they fall into that category. Apart from that, outerwear lycra shorts are fine for guys. Most big events I've been at the guys seem to be split pretty much 50/50 between baggy and lycra.

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    Andrew Tie 2 wrote (see)

Just a question is it okay to wear lycra tights around at home?I just don't want my flatmates to think i'm gay

for fucks sake, when will some sorry arses of manhood drag themselves into the 20th century, let alone the 21st

• fat buddha wrote (see)
    Andrew Tie 2 wrote (see)

Just a question is it okay to wear lycra tights around at home?I just don't want my flatmates to think i'm gay

for fucks sake, when will some sorry arses of manhood drag themselves into the 20th century, let alone the 21st

They DO look pretty 'gay', to be fair..

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

What does 'gay' look like?

And my question stands - is there something wrong with being gay?

• Since when has sportswear determined sexuality?

• Back on track......

I've got some very old Ron Hill lycra shorts (the ones with a wide white stripe down the side) and they have the advantage of having a panel in the front with a lining behind the front panel.  The panel means there isn't a seam running right down the front (ouch!) and the lining keeps that chilly wind out!

Trouble is they are on their last legs and I can't find anything like them.  All lycra shorts seem to have a front seam and no lining.  Can anyone suggest a similar replacement for my old Ron Hills?

• I wear lycra shorts all the time. When strolling into work in them one morning after running in, a female colleague suggested that anyone who wears lycra must be "a fucking pervert". Hasn't stopped me though, wear the Nike pro core ones all the time, not worried about the compression but they are comfortable. Sometimes wear a cheap pair of baggies over them to keep Gels and keys etc.
  • Trihard-NI wrote (see)

Since when has sportswear determined sexuality?

Erm ...dunno ...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RhPPaPv20_Q/S5rpQYRs6VI/AAAAAAAABJE/I6uAxnUWaic/s400/gayjogger.jpg

• Hey Jordan

So with Wilke on this.. I'm not gay and wear tight Lycra shorts to run, Ive over grown people's sad comments and stupid remarks, I see them as pointless, I wear skins and Nike to run, each to their own I'd say. Go for it, and enjoy what you do to in lifeimage
  • I have enjoyed this thread; particularly the lycra = f'ing pervert comment. My wife has bought me a pair of lycra running bottoms and I cannot say I am jumping into them. This is despite wearing lycra cycling stuff for years. I think people think I am weird because I train in all weathers, cycle to work when I have a perfectly good car and run marathons.... what I wear whilst doing it is the icing on the cake. As far as compression wear is concerned, I started wearing it because someone I respect wears it. In my last race one sock slipped down and the lactic acid burned just that calf??? Not only that the calf continued to hurt for a few days after wheras the other did not???? This means I need compression socks that do not fall down! I also wear it after a run as it helps with recovery.

And +1 for what is wrong with looking gay? As George said, "Gay means happy!"

• I realised this year that I seem to be the only bloke wearing lycra shorts in the gym I go to. I'm not bothered - they work really well and its better than wearing fashion clothes for working out. I mean seriously - why wear sequinned teeshirts and glittery baseball caps to work out in ? 

• Since I started runnning 7-ish years ago i've only ever worn lycra shorts. I think they are much more comfortable than 'normal' shorts but each to their own. Some people like baggy shorts, short shorts or lycra.

I'm currently in the Falklands training for the Stanley Marathon in March and as far as I can see i'm the only one wearing lycra. Bothered image

• I wear 2 in 1 shorts, lycra with baggy outers and also run in full length tights in cold weather.... 

• I have some of the 2 in 1 shorts and like them a lot. I also have some Nike Tech Tight shorts which I prefer to be honest. I still haven't found a regular pair of baggy shorts that don't cause chaffing round the crotch.

Also, tights all the way in cold weather. Wear what works for you not what looks good.