Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• DV - oooohhh, I've wanted to go there for a while.  Let me know date and time on fb or something. (you gave the date whileI was updating.  Have another party that night too...this may take planning)

well, I am supposed to be out for a NYs ride but it's not happening.  takes too long for me to get anywhere decent.  So have just ordered a turbo trainer. image (gotta use the santa smilies while they last)

• Marathon Maus wrote (see)
    Anyone else willing to 'fess up to a new year's resolution - running related or otherwise. I have 2: to keep a running diary and to read a poem every day.

/members/images/727962/Gallery/resolutions.jpg

• My resolution is to be more organised

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Weedy..love it!
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Kaz - what an end to the year. Rest up and recover properly. Time for the kaz family to run around after you for once.

Happy new year all.
  • OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Weedy - classic mate.

I'm eligible for DLRs pacing team. Last proper run was 5th Dec.

RS - which turbo trainer have you ordered?

• Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Didn't realise the newsagents were open on a bank holiday...

/members/images/727962/Gallery/Copy_of_cover1.jpg

That was the first last time yer_maj had seafood vindaloo the night before a race.

The turbo trainer I bought in the summer (with great intentions) seems to have become a glorified bike stand image

• Weedy, another genius mag cover. Love your work fella!

You didn't ask me Orbutt but I'll offer the info anyway. My turbo is the TACX Flow. Does the job but needs a tv or such like in front of it. I find it really hard to do and get motivated for.

DV. That date is the same as my wife's birthday, so you should probably count me out. Does sound like fun though. Imagine the possibilities.

My resolution for the year is to watch TV in French at least 2x a week. That is going to be a hard routine to follow. I think one of the channels does subtitling which would be a big help. It's not right to have been in Belgium for nearly 13 years and NOT to have mastered any local language. Too many rubbish excuses.
  • DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Kaz - glad they found the cause and removed it. Take the rest advice, and eat well - a key to post-op recovery. You've got plenty in the tank to make Paris enjoyable.

Weedy - love that cover! Do you do work for hire?

RS - love UP. When they were promoting the movie in the US, they travelled the country with a specially constructed armchair that was flown under about 30 or 40 large helium balloons - I got to fly it in Atlanta. Huge fun.

Gotta drag myself out for a run after a much too late night. Saw a pack of coyotes outside so am using that as my excuse not to go yet.
  • Dannirr - am VERY jealous!  SQUIIIIIIIRRELLLL!!!  hee hee hee image

I've ordered the cycleops fluid2.  Have used a Trax one before (friend's with a computa and stuff) but it's expensive.  Reviews from mags and users liked the fluid2 for noise, ride (not standing but most can't do that too well), cost vs features and general convenience in setting up.

• Danni - I'm not good enough to charge, but if you want something doing for a friend for free, just let me know.

• Baroness Rodent? image DV - sounds fun, but I need to check the date.

MM - sorting financial papers and vomiting? Oh dear. But I can kind of see where you're coming from...maybe read a nice book instead image ?

Big yellow thing on display here as well today - and steamed round the Serpentine 10k in 48:41, which I was well chuffed with. Excellent marshalling and organisation from the Serpies (especially the one who was shouting 'happy new year' as we went past, although I'm not sure I'd quite describe my frame of mind at 8k as 'happy').

ATM - I think you win the prize for first run of the year. But am I reading the jantastic thing right - we don't start logging until the 7th, and we only do it once a week?
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭

RR, that's right. You have til the 7th to decide the number of runs you intend to do.Then, you run.Then, you honestly record whether you hit that number., that week. Success, or otherwise, is related to just getting out there....for January, at least.It gets a bit more complicated for Feb/Mar. But we can work that out when the old brains clear ....

RS, you've reminded me that the garage contains....a turbo.image Today's giant curry makes further exercise impossible but you've given me an idea...

Youngest ATM is sporting a Mohawk..image A Hogmanay decision, I fear..

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Lovely New Year run today - just 5 miles but terrific.

Crossing the Rio Grande river

/members/images/698298/Gallery/IMG_0053.jpg

Sandia Mountain behind

/members/images/698298/Gallery/IMG_2516.jpg

Past the old Church

/members/images/698298/Gallery/IMG_2519.jpg

and start off the New Year with some sweetness - homemade white chocolate truffles with chili infused dark chocolate drizzle

/members/images/698298/Gallery/IMG_2521.jpg

I felt compleed to add chili as we are in New Mexico

• Good effort with those truffles!

I made some about 10 years ago - incredibly nice but very messy to make!

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    RR - Well done on your 10km.

Dannirr - You really find some stunning locations to run in. Those pictures are amazing.

I'm off for a lie down after suffering what must be the modern day version of the Spanish inquisition from my friends wife.
  • Eggy - I bet you didn't expect that.

Sorry.
  • Eggy - that doesn't sound like fun. You may need a beer.

Dannirr - gotta echo the above, looks just stunning out there today.

Weather here was wonderful for running today, if a little cold and blustery. Great start to 2013.
  • OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

TD & RS - thanks for the advice on the turbos. I think I may buy some axle stands image

Dannir - loved the tale about theballoon armchair.

Step one on road to recovery - Mrs O and I went for a 10k walk (wore my new running shoes though image

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Here was the pre-dawn inflation test - they needed a gas rated pilot in case the thing broke loose!

/members/images/698298/Gallery/UP2.jpg

• Away in T' Manger.. wrote (see)

* Earth to Jimbob...struggle run or LSR? *

couldn't quite work out where you were coming from there ATM but i did have a late night with "some" alcoholic refreshment, and went out this evening for what i call a "compromise run" which is half way between the two - pretty hidious though in the dark - was such a lovely day earler today in London so i dropped a bollock there - although suprisingly pacey 18.6km so it more mileage in the bank i spose.

Dannirr some pretty cool photos coming from you on fuzzbook- hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Kaz1 - Appendix dude? i had mine out when i was 7 - nasty. get well soon love - stay off the hossy grub and get the other half to bring you in a dominos and some giant buttons xx

happy new year and happy training all

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Nice looking truffles Dannir

oh Kaz. My christmas was ruined a few years ago when I got appedicites age 45! Came out of hospital on Christmas eve and spend Christmas day in bed- very wierd.

No resolutions here but started the New Year with a run up Skiddaw this morning which I've planned for months. A pretty scary experience, but I was the first person at the summit in 2013 which is a nice feeling.

Happy New year to all and good luck with your running plans and targets. 

• just watching the Marley doccy that was released last year. I recommend it highly.Very cool.

• OO ly Night wrote (see)

Nice looking truffles Dannir

imageimage forum love is very unique.

Dannirr - hee hee hee, you're gas rated?  That balloon set-up is just frigging awesome.

and for the lastish time SQUIRRELLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Dannirr...   that is a super photo...!   image

Update for you with the new beginners web site...    I have done nothing to it over the xmas period, obviously, and its now a little late getting completed.  I need it done ASAP.    The quotes are looking great but there were so many that I have had to thin it down..  so..  there are now 5 on the beginners page and 4 on the novice page.   The designer wants to give them names...   but I'd rather put a thumbnail size image with them.   I can't remember who said what now as I simply copied and pasted them. 

So.... 

Those of you who kindly allowed me to use your comments, would you mind if I used your image from ATM's Who's Who page..?   No name..  just a thumbnail size image..?   It would just make it more real....

If you have a better running photo that you'd like to donate, please PM me and we can establish email contact.

Many thanks.

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

DV - My photo on ATM's page is about as good as it gets image Publish and be damned image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)
    Anyone else willing to 'fess up to a new year's resolution - running related or otherwise. I have 2: to keep a running diary and to read a poem every day.

/members/images/727962/Gallery/resolutions.jpg

I completely agree to this image I've still not made any resolutions... i've just not had the time to!

Eggyh73 wrote (see)

I'm off for a lie down after suffering what must be the modern day version of the Spanish inquisition from my friends wife.

You poor thing.

@DV - you're more than welcome to use mine if you want a shot.

I spent yesterday with family getting a literal grilling because I wasn't drinking alcohol. I've heard everything from "i'm pregnant", "i'm trying to get pregnant" and not the obvious... I've got two marathons this weekend and alcohol dehydrates youimage

I hope everyone else is having a good start to the year!

• Weedy: you are indeed perfect in every way. Me on the other hand...I have to start with small things as I'm so rubbish at keeping resolutions!

Eggy: was there a theme to the inquisition?

RS: I'm going to have to watch UP just to get the squirrel joke!

Oh gawd Emmy: you poor thing.

Dannirr: those are gorgeous photos.

DV: you've reminded me - must send ATM a suitable pic - hate having photos taken.

Had a scorching run today. I'm going to have to abandon lunch time runs for the next week or so. 38 degrees (celsius) predicted for Friday and Saturday here. Yuck!
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@Maus - 38'c?! That's insanely hot! Will it likely improve soon?

• Yep. 37 on Friday. 38 Saturday. Down to 32/33 early next week, and then back up to 37 Tuesday for the rest of next week. image