Wednesday 2nd January 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Save some face, you know you've only got one.

I think I may have used the lyrics before - but not this year image

Back to work except I guess for our friends north of the border who have another bank holiday - make the most of it guys.

birks - have you shaken that cold yet?

What:                  swim session
Why:                   trying to do at least one a week
Last hard:           last year
Last rest:            last year

Edit (I forgot) yesterday's lyrics were Happy New Year by Abba - not one of their classics!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning!
    lyric - yep
    what - steady hour (I hope) at lunchtime along the river if time permits, otherwise it will be around the houses tonight
    why - need to build up the mileage
    last rest - dec14th
    last hard - Sunday

have a good day everyone

• Morning all!

Lyrics - yes

What - 4 mile runn after work tonight

Why - Week 2 of training plan for Brighton Marathon

Have a good day everyone

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: this will be decided later this morning!
    Why: seeing physio. No reaction from yesterday's midweek medium long run (1k!)

So, 365 days to get fit for the next age group!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope it goes well at the physio Alehouse.

Davey - we seem to share an eclectic taste in music.

• Good luck Alehouse

What: am 8km on the beach. Gale force winds so very slow 4k slog up the beach followed by a speedier tempo run back down image Last day at the beach. Drove back home mid afternoon.

pm - 30mins just to stretch the legs back out again. Still gale force winds out there but a bit more sheltered at home.

Tomorrow we're off to Queenstown for a few days so I'll be running in some seriously beautiful countryside I hope. Although I expect I'll do tomorrow's run early before we go.
  • What: sorting out appraisal paperwork
    Why: Health Centre still closed, on call for maternity and p$$ing down outside
    Last Hard: a while ago
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: no

Sounding optimistic Alehouse

• Alehouse good luck and if I read that correctly, Happy Birthday.

OH, yes I'm going through the grind that is the annual appraisal as well. Ours is electronic and it's taking bleeding hours. I'm not even sure if I'm doing it correctly. What is billed as an hour's investment in management time is going to wipe out the entire day. It's also one of those lovely grey days with no significant weather. You never hear that on the forecast.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Afternoon all!

Lyrics - yup!

Signed up for Edinburgh Marathon in May this morning - its about time I had a target!

Managed 10 yesterday in 79:46 but just 3.1 today, with my dog, in 26:45, over hill, muck and dale!

• Afternoon!

You did, indeed, read correctly, Blisters. Trying to keep it quiet! Decent present from physio: I can run. Well, not run as we might know it, but another step in the right direction.

Good to see you Donaldo! Any more books?!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Aye, alehouse, I put a sequel out in October but it hasn't sold very well, so I'm accepting that my literary career may be a short and sweet one! image

• Happy New Year all image

Sorry, been a bit AWOL over the past few days. How brilliant to see some familar names back on here, namely M. & donaldo image

Happy Birthday, ale and happy running image

what: 12 miles d&d before work image
    why: 'twas raining cats 'n dogs yesterday and I wimped out image
    last rest: yesterday
    last hard: staying sober on New Year's eve (I was driving)
    lyrics: no

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Many happy returns Ale.
    Well managed to get out at lunchtime for a speedy 10k along to Vauxhall and back (42.55) followed by 1.7 miles easier (14.10) recovery. On the upside the (slightly) drizzly weather meant the Embankment wasn't overrun by tourists, on the downside, all the safety barriers from NewYearsEve were still out , but I suspect not where they were originally set up. Needless to say rather than play dodge the tourist, it was more like chicane hell with steel bars...

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

What: day of work in the office for the UK company I work for
    Why: rare opportunity!
    Lyrics: nope

Managed a 5 miler yesterday morning, despite a 3 am bed time.  Felt quite good apart from a slightly stiff calf.  Rest tomorrow due to work/sleeping on people's floors makes it harder to get out for a run.  May manage one tomorrow though, I'll have to wait and see.

Happy birthday Ale
    Some good parkruns over the past few days.
    M are you somewhere hot with all this beach running?

Have a good evening.

• Happy birthday Alehouse. Must be the day for it Donaldo, ive just signed up for the Chester marathon today.

After an extended absence for no reason I can put my finger on, I've finally got the bug back.           

Lyrics:               No                                                                                     What:                  Out and back, not sure how far but nice and easy Why:                   easing myself back in                                                        Last hard:           too long ago
    Last rest:            about the last six months

• Happy Birthday Alehouse and what a great present.

• Evening

Happy Birthday Alehouse

What 8@8 commute
    Why faffed about too much to run further
    Lyrics no

Had a suppurb oppertunity to bag 15 into work with a reduced pack weight but ended up missing the start time due to inefficient sandwich construction, should have made them the night before. Hasd another stab at reducing pace a la Gobi style but the 8's were more like 7:45's but still in the right direction.

Will try 7 with hills tomorrow as I have the day off reffereeing the kids.

• Blisters We get a lot of  No Significant Weather on hereimage

Alehouse imageHAPPY BIRTHDAYimage
    (did you say you were keeping it quiet? imageimage )
    No stopping you now with green light from physio image

• Happy New Year All

AH: Happy Birthday

What: 2K swim set at lunch, 14 x 400 off 60 second recoveries tonight, all run between 78 - 84 seconds, I was happy with that.
    why: Back into it
    Last Hard: The last couple of 400's were almost vomit inducing
    Last Rest: yesterday

Lyrics: Nah 

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Alehouse - happy birthday and a nice present too image

AW welcome back

Rest day here

Take care

• Hi chickadee! Lovely to see you too image

Emzap - I live in New Zealand so its middle of summer here.  Perfect beach running weather.

• Welcome back indeed M. although I hadn't really twigged that you'd gone. Donaldo on the other hand is a name from the past. Glad to see you back again.
    OH, I didn't really imagine that Orkney knew what NoSig meant. I thought that it was either dire, or that you were a wimp and it wasn't really dire. As you can tell, I've never been. (I have drunk more than my fair share though...)

Anyway, 6.6 miles at a steady pace 7:40. very happy just to be trotting out a few miles in the NSW.

Finally, my stats for 2012.
    Run: 483 miles
    Swim: 83 sessions
    Bike: 1800+ miles
    My monthly run mileage is similar to what my weekly mileage used to be. But the number of swim sessions is impressive. The biking will improve, as I now have got no excuses.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

evening all, hope all is good here.  happy new year to everybody!

My stats for  are a bit naff so I will skip, but I am doing VLM and I have also entered Snowdonia Marathon, moment of madness!

anyhow, lyrics, no

what: 7 miles easy

why: marathon training

last hard: last mile tonight was a bit

last easy: yesterday

nice to be back, nice to see some old names back too.  will ease myself back gently!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I bet that you've run more than me. Edit the rest of my stuff, this is a runners forum.