New Year's resolutions

13»

Comments

• Will be a little behind you in London jamie  but working just as hard in training so I can get round safely Good Luck and well done on your times. My best time in London was 4.01 many moons age  

• Hi, I've entered my first marathon. I'm running the Manchester Marathon in April. Tried to give up swearing a chocolate the year before - hope I'm more successful with this one... http://itsallmyownwork.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/marathon-is-a-four-letter-word/

• MatsmumMatsmum ✭✭✭

Margaret - I am 65 too and running London....but there the similarity ends because I have never run more than a half!  My number is 2540, and I have made a note of yours. How do you know which start you are going to be at?  Good luck with the training.

• Would love to give up drink for good but sometimes after a long week it just comes callingimage

• Hello & Happy new year all image

Have a couple of things (more promises to myself than resolutions really):

1) My running goal is to run 2,000 miles in 2013. (getting too old for any pb's so thought this would be a good goal instead)

2) Move house (need to upsize)

3) Take up a new hobby...fancy trying something creative like a craft. Might stick to baking cakes though! Seriously though... I think of all the things I did as a kid: athletics, played guitar, sang in the choir, creative writing, gymnastics & football...I'd like to re-discover my creative side once more image

• to do more measures to prevent injury (always seem to get injured) join tirathlon club and get doing some olympic distances this year, win the school cross country race and improve my 38 minute 10k down to the 35 region!

• 5k in under 24mins

10k in under 50 mins

Running 3 halfs this year for the 1st time, so enjoy the 1st one and then try and gauge times after that image

Keep on running in 2013 image

• Hi Matsmum in reply to your quiry as to how I know start line in London It depends on your time submitted also age.First timers though usually go to the Red start Fast/Elite runners and fast for your age go to the Blue start and older and slow and footballers plus celebraties at the Green .Elite Ladies also start at the Green but they go before mass start.At the 3mile mark all three groups join up and jeer at the other but all in good fun.Good luck in training have fun on the day enjoy. Just did my 1st run today as have a eye problem at present but hope to get sorted soon.    

• Sub 2 hr half

First full Marathon

• - Not joining any full marathon in 2013

- Squeeze into Ultra training

- Training for sub 4 for 2014 marathon

- Run short races faster, 20mins 5k, 45mins 10k, and 1:50 HM or so.

Making running my strength instead of my weakness among triathlon in 2013

• sub 4 hour marathon tried and failed twice

lose 2 stone

not give up midway through the year

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    not get injured........fat fucking chance!!!!!
  • Goal for this year, is to try and break 100 minutes for the half marathon. First attempt at silverstone in march

• Run my first halfs and full marathons.

Sheffield half in may and Chester full in October are the two i've got my eye on.

• Set a new PB in my home town 10k. . looking for under 45mins but I'm not exactly going to beat myself up if I finish in 45.30 or 45.10 or 45.59 for that matter!!

• Happy New Year

To start running again last run before last friday was Sydney Marathon 2011, now 3 stones heavier having eaten so much UK chocolate as I had missed it being in Australia (Australian cadburys sucks) jumped on the scales on January 1st and got a big shock I thought maybe 1 and a half stones heavier but 3 scared me to death 15st now aiming to get back to 12st by diet and running aiming for Chester marathon in October and maybe with a following wind, training schedule and diet a PB 

• - To run my first marathon and make it round sub 4hours.

- Do my first ever triathlon @ Blenheim

- Follow up with the London Triathlon and sub 50mins for the 10k.

- Lose two stone in the progress and aim to dip under 90kgs for the first time in forever.

- Run second HM and improve PB of 1.45 from last year.

- Quit playing football as that's where I keep getting injured, and seriously consider giving up rugby. But continue anyway image

• I will drag anyone taking the P to a run with me (One down - Mr Tomkins is running the Brass Monkey 10k with me)

I will run at least once a week, every week of 2013

• My New Year's resolutions are to go on holiday this year as I haven't been abroad since I was 10 and to enter my first half marathon image

• Wow - just found this, so thought I'd update on how they went.

- To run my first marathon and make it round sub 4hours: only ran my first this year, but made it in 3:45

- Do my first ever triathlon @ Blenheim: Tick (and got my first Ironman this year now)

- Follow up with the London Triathlon and sub 50mins for the 10k: Did the Oly distance, but failed on the 50mins. 2:45 total though. And managed a 45min 10k this year

- Lose two stone in the progress and aim to dip under 90kgs for the first time in forever: Hmmm... still a way off 90 kgs. Still slowly going in the right direction though.

- Run second HM and improve PB of 1.45 from last year: Fail. Second one booked for October this year though

- Quit playing football as that's where I keep getting injured, and seriously consider giving up rugby. But continue anyway image. Fail on football and exactly as planned for rugby!