Buzzin'

No...not from prescription drugs (that was yesterday and I got a Paddington hard stare for my efforts) but from the TENS machine currently attached to my back. OH MY GOD its amazing. I just wonder how long I'm supposed to leave it on for at any one point...the leaflet doesn't really give me much to go on.

But wow is it an effective pain killer!

Comments

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Is it as good as leaning against the washing machine on spin cycle?

• LOL!!! Better Muttley, this has variable settings and speeds....oh......

• Giving yourself electric shocks for pleasure. Are you sure that you didn't steal it from an S & M dungeon? image

• Positive Rickster, although yesterday I was in so much pain I was willing to do just about anything to make it stop. It is an odd sensation, but a nice one when you get used to it.

• Are you sure it's attached to your back ?? image

• I wish you had posted this earlier, could have put one on my crimbo listimage

• carterusm wrote (see)

Are you sure it's attached to your back ?? image

LOL!!!!! Rudeness...and I sniggered! I don't want that sensation anywhere OTHER than my back...YIKES!! image

• i had a tens machine during my pregnancy, it's the only pain relief i used. i never used the tens machine longer than 30 minutes on a lower setting or 15 -10 minutes on a higher pulsing setting. there really isn't a maximum time limit, it really depends on you and how good it makes you feel. after a while it stops working (the pain relief not the machine) so i just turned it off but kept attached then i would turn it on again in an hours time.

try different variations each day so that the pain doesn't get used to a wave pattern, this way it stays effective for longer.

• Andreia wrote (see)

, it really depends on you and how good it makes you feel. 

It sounds like it's making mimaduck feel very good !!

• Andreia wrote (see)

i had a tens machine during my pregnancy, it's the only pain relief i used. i never used the tens machine longer than 30 minutes on a lower setting or 15 -10 minutes on a higher pulsing setting. there really isn't a maximum time limit, it really depends on you and how good it makes you feel. after a while it stops working (the pain relief not the machine) so i just turned it off but kept attached then i would turn it on again in an hours time.

try different variations each day so that the pain doesn't get used to a wave pattern, this way it stays effective for longer.

Thanks Andreia, much appreciated. It is helping control the pain from the spasms, first time since NYE I've not felt sick from the pain. And I've not needed the diazepam either. I've turned it off now and will see how long I can go without it on - but if this is how good it is on a low setting for muscle spasms, I'll definitely use it when I'm in labour (eventually - I'm NOT pregnant now!!)

• what pulse are you using? it is the frequent one speed low setting, the wave setting of low/high/ low or short burst of pulses of high?

its amazing getting to know all the settings and different stimulations you can get from electricity! lol image

• its a 3 second pulse, fairly low intensity but I can increase the intensity if I need to. It has 4 "modes", a "tapping", a 2 second pulse, a "double tapping" and then the 3 second pulse. Been rotating the modes depending on the spasms...its an amazing piece of kit!