Thursday 4th January 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Stop tap drink back eye on you

I was hoping that birks would be back on thread starting duties today!

Wabo - I thought you'd given up on VLM when you didn't get a club place, glad you found a way in.

Blisters - you should go to Orkney if you can, it's beautiful.

What:               turbo
Why:                need to keep the biking up
Last hard:         last year
Last rest:          last year

Yesterday's lyrics were Smile Like You Mean It by The Killers.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

What: 14K run coming up in about 20 mins
    Why: Dubai Marathon 25/01, didn't get out on bike today
    Last hard: last night
    Last Rest: 01/01.

Lyrics: No 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    what - 90 mins easy midweek run later
    why - eldest hockey training 8.30-10.00pm and I'll have time to kill, admittedly later than I'd like to run
    last rest - 20days?
    last hard - trying to enter Fleet and/or Reading HMs yesterday to find both already full. Consoled myself with Bramley (February) and National XC Champs (a week later - if I can get to Sunderland)
    lyric - dont think so...

have a great day!

• Sun going down over a very beautiful but quite chilly Queenstown. Will test out running here tomorrow. It's quite hilly!

What: 11km round the bays this morning back home. Quite nice to run past work and just keep going! Brief stop off on the way home to buy goggles. Shop assistant gave me a very odd look.

Why: getting a run in before the holidays

Good luck with the marathons Wabo. Can't say I've ever felt like doing Snowdonia (eeek) but it'll only a matter of time before I come back for VLM.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

Oh lmh of course you all don't know! The day after my club did thedraw and I didnt get a place, one of the others who did handed it back! So I am in.

M, not sure I ever fancied Snowdonia, someone on my left shoulder made me do it!

dont know these lyrics

what: club session later

why: thursday

last hard: lastnight

last easy: tuesday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: a walk/run with the run parts no more than 150 metres each.
    Why: I can (I hope!)

Glad you got the VLM place, Wabo. Not sure about Snowdonia, though! When does the hill training start?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Have I missed a dayimage - I think it's only the 3rd!
    Wabo maybe see you in Snowdonia (entry and accomodation booked)
    still dithering re Loch Katrine (10 March)

What: JS group run this evening
    Why:Thursday
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last Hard: a while ago but will need to start cranking mileage up again if I intend to do a marathon in March.
    Lyrics: No

Alehouse - good luck today

Scotland beginning to return to normal

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

What: probably just a walk
    Why: working this morning, and then have 1.5 days off before the weekend image  We're in limbo this afternoon with accommodation though, so have no showering facilities.
    Lyrics: nope

Ale hope the run goes ok.
    M I was wondering about running on the beach in the UK at the moment!  NZ makes a lot more sense...

Still haven't committed to the Kassel marathon, though still think it's going to happen.  Just need to do a few more test long runs to see how much hip copes.

Have a good day all.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

alehouse, hills must be in my schedule all the time now! lol!

OH I saw you on the thread and was glad to not be the only crazy person!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Don't know the lyrics today! 

Did 5 miles on the road in 37:41 which made me happy! image

Other half - might do the Loch Katrine run as its just along the road from me.

• 10k HM or marathon Donaldo?

• nice one, Wabo. We all like a rogue VLM place image

M. I did one of the most beautiful runs ever in Queenstown (around bits of Lake Wakatipu; I think it was Queenstown to Frankton and back). You are so lucky to be there image

what: 5 easy miles
    why: all I had time for
    last hard: must have been around xmas ...
    last rest: 1/1
    lyrics: no

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

I thought the Loch Katrine race was just 12K!!  Must go and check the website! image

Just checked it - it would be the 10K only for me!

• Hope you could Alehouse!

OH - it's easy to be accurate after a cup of coffee - maybe you could start the thread tomorrow and show us all how it's done? image

Wabo - really pleased for you.

Couldn't raise HR today, just came over really tired when I finished work and had to have a fifteen minute lay down before talking myself on to the turbo so just did an hour in Z2 rather than a threshold or interval session as I should have.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Not been yet, LMH! Will be going to the club shortly for a change of scenery.

Where is Tom:  I always get concerned when we don't hear from him for a week or so!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

What - 15 mins warm up (1.94m) 4 x 5 mins, .80m, .80m, .80m, .80m off 90 sec rec and 15 min warm down (1.89m) total 7.7m in 56 mins.
    Why - The plan says so...
    last hard - see above
    Last Rest - Yesterday

Lyrics - No

Take care

• Evening!

What: 4.5k walk but including 10 x 150 metres run (which was not much faster than the walk!)
    Why: Just wondering that myself!

Last hard: well it was either that or about a year ago! Achilles was fine (hope I don't regret that comment in the morning!). However my ankle joints were very tender, my "good" calf was slightly sore, my hamstrings could play a tune, my quads seemed to have disappeared: great to have something to complain about other than the Achilles!
    Edit: forgot to complain about my weight!

Looks like a tough session, RFJ: are those recoveries static or slow jog?

• LMH but although I sometimes know the date, I never know lyrics! image

I don't do things before breakfast either (with very few exceptions!)

7.5 miles done tonight - JS group + preamble. Dry and relatively warm image

2 more marathons entered today (Loch Katrine and Cape Wrath again)
    - argh what have I done?!image