Foot pain

I did 2 days of walking last weekend in hard soled mountain boots (which I have not worn for a while) and on the way down the mountain I had an extremely painful stabbing session in both feet. It eased when I took off the boots and rested my feet the next day so I assumed that it was just my feet getting used to the inflexible boots and the day walking on stone.

I went for a cross country/ trail run the following day and had no problem at all but when I went running on a treadmill 2 days later after about 3k the pain started and became so unbearable I had to stop. I was wearing brand new trainers.

A few years back my podiatrist said I had less cushioning on the balls of my feet then is ideal due to cushioning being pushed towards toes so advised I wore cushioned trainers. I therefore always wear Asics Kayanos as these are supposed to be one of the best for this.

Could it be the new trainers? I thought new trainers were better before they wear down? Or could it be a more severe problem. I am due to walk 27 miles this weekend and dont want it to flare up again.

Comments

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    You sound like your covering a fair few miles in different types of footwear and over different terrains! I have worn kayanos on the road for years ans years ans do Lola of off road walking in scarpa walking boots. How new are your trainers? Is the amount of miles your covering normal for yourself?
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Ah your trainers were brand new....I misread! Is say that as the pains came on before you wore your new trainers the boots and terrain might have been the problem? Is it rocky and Off road walking you do?
  • I do walk from time to time so its not unusual for me to do that amount and never had a problem before. The terrain was boggy on way up and stone/ trail on way down, so rocky. I can understand the pain on the mountain as it has been a little while since wearing my boots even though they are worn in but was surprised I had a problem on the treadmill?

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Personally is say if the pain is still there don't do the 27m and maybe consult with your podiatrist. Fingers crossed its gone cos the thought of 27m walking this weekend, without rain forecast is just awesome!
  • could be plantar fascilitis, where exactly on the sole of the foot is the pain, if it is rest rest rest, that's an absolute sod to get rid of