Ohio USA massive rape cover up

short version is, a bunch of kids from a small town football team, drugged a girl up, gang raped her multiple times, posted videos and photographs on instagram and the likes of, video confessions and joking about it too, and have got aay with it because the towns coach, attourney, sherrif, principle etc need the football team, and so its been covered up. sickening. the video of the kid bragging about "raping the dead girl" made me feel sick.

New york Times, and ANON have picked this up and are exposing them. i think this is going to be global news pretty soon. them kids are gonna get what they did and worse in prison i would imagine. cant say i condone that but i have no sympathy either.

http://localleaks.blogs.ru/2013/01/01/steubenvillefiles/ 

Comments

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Erm ... are you sure you've posted this on the right forum?

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

Erm, why have you posted a link to a Russian web site for a story regarding American kids etc?  Is this a dodgy scam?

You'll find stories about anything on the t'interweb and occassionally some of them are true!

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Two boys have been charged, according to CNN, for raping a girl who was unconcious because she was so drunk.

Marc, reporting it like the Daily Mail doesn't help.  The facts as reported by CNN and NY Times are bad enough.

• its not a scam, its being covered by the US and British media, the .ru is where the "evidence" is being posted, since its outside most media restrictions, russian domain's are not under FBI control etc, 

I posted this in the "off topic" section Muttley, its more than likely going to be major news globaly, thought some of you might have found it interesting, 

for anyone who is,

New Yor times: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/sports/high-school-football-rape-case-unfolds-online-and-divides-steubenville-ohio.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

CNN: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/04/justice/ohio-rape-online-video/

the only link for british media is currenly the Daily mail so i'll refrain from posting that sorry excuse for a news source.  

• wilkie i agree the facts are somewhat "selective" in both reports, the videos and photographs are pretty damning evidence though, as for the coverup? i'll wait for the court hearing to pass judgement on how involved other people were, but there is plenty  of compelling evidence out there, much of it is being posted online every hour. 

• This was reported fairly widely in the media before Christmas  -  but I suppose it all depends on whether you get your news from the tabloids or the broadsheets.

There didn't seem to be much evidence of a "cover up" at all from what I could see - a bunch of teenage boys were mistaken in thinking they could rape a young woman, post the evidence on the internet and get away with and then found - unsurprisingly - that they couldn't. 

• There appears to be nothing on either the BBC or Sky news websites about this. You say that it's from a Russian website. Are you sure it's true?

• It was on the Guardian website before Christmas and was recently being used as a comparison to what happened in Delhi so yes, it is true. As I say, it depends where you read your news. It might also be that you can't find it because it's been several weeks since it actually was "news":

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/01/delhi-rape-damini?INTCMP=SRCH

• Rickster wrote (see)

There appears to be nothing on either the BBC or Sky news websites about this. You say that it's from a Russian website. Are you sure it's true?

the russian site is where the internet vigilate's are hosting their information to share, since they are posting (rightly or wrongly) exposig information that can and will be removed by law enforcement organisations in the US.

• Marc, TBH I think you are overreacting to all this.

It has been freely reported in the mainstream media for some time including CNN, CBS and the Huffington Post. Nothing's being covered up, the defence are trying to play down what happened but you would expect them to do that. 

People have been charged and will go on trial for it so I'm not sure what your beef is. 

Have you ever thought that that the "selective reporting" might actually be a sensible approach by the US media NOT to prejudice a ongoing criminal case?

There are quotes on the site you link to saying things like "this young man is clearly a sociopath and needs to be in prison." Making wild judgements and accusations against alleged offenders helps no-one, least of all the victim.

• Well I'd never heard of this until now but just because people have been charged doesn't mean there hasn't been a cover up.    If you believe the stuff in the blog then members of the football team were known for gang rape before this case and even if you take this one girl it sounds like far more were involved than have been charged.   Of course I'm not in a position to know for sure but spending 15 minutes reading the stuff on the link and watching the video you'd put money on it being a bigger story than the official line.   

• Screamapillar wrote (see)

Marc, TBH I think you are overreacting to all this.

It has been freely reported in the mainstream media for some time including CNN, CBS and the Huffington Post. Nothing's being covered up, the defence are trying to play down what happened but you would expect them to do that. 

People have been charged and will go on trial for it so I'm not sure what your beef is. 

Have you ever thought that that the "selective reporting" might actually be a sensible approach by the US media NOT to prejudice a ongoing criminal case?

There are quotes on the site you link to saying things like "this young man is clearly a sociopath and needs to be in prison." Making wild judgements and accusations against alleged offenders helps no-one, least of all the victim.

i dont have a beef lol, im just posting an interesting story, thought it might spark some conversation that doesnt revolve around wearing mp3 players in a race.

the cover up btw was before they were convicted, the coach, principle and town sherrif have all been proven to have tried to cover this up, my point was that they should be in court too, not just the kids involved,  and they were "known" (apparently) to have done this before and it's been brushed under the rug and ignored in the past by senior people in the town. 

• Yes but don't you see what I'm trying to say? It's all conjecture. You are presenting the accusations made by this website as truth!

The bottom line is that none of this has been proven as fact. The case hasn't even gone to trial yet. At the moment it is nothing more than rumour.

• i think you are reading it as such but in no way have i said or meant to imply that it is truth, what i have said there is plenty of evidence to suggest it is true. evidence that is being posted for everyone to see. there are some parts that im convinced are 100% true,some that are very shady, and some that i think are flat out lies, 

and a rumour doesnt usually have video and photograhic evidence, if i'm playing it up then you are also playing it down.