How far did we run in 2012?

2»

Comments

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

too far for the likes of us.

Just the sheer invincibility for one thing. That's no rest days a week, and 120miles ish a week!!

• Only 704 miles (target was 1000, so missed that image)

Total time 123:25 hours. Average pace 10:31 per mile.

• MY STATS:

45 runs
    169 miles
    3063 m climbing
    7.69 miles max distance
    30:38 median time
    6.044 median miles

Also:

Average Pace: 6.55 KM/h [4.07mph]

6.044 median miles

Av

• 1924.48 miles at an average speed of 8.6 mph.
  • chappersuk wrote (see)

MY STATS:

45 runs
    169 miles
    3063 m climbing
    7.69 miles max distance
    6.044 median miles

Also:

6.044 median miles

Av

cant delete the previous post so:

MY STATS:

45 runs
    169 miles
    3063 m climbing
    7.69 miles max distance
    6.044 median miles

Also:

Average Speed: 8.92 KM/h [5.55mph]
    Total Calories Burned: 27373 // 10.95 days worth @2500 Kcals/day
    Average Calories Burned per run: 608.3
    Average Runs: 1 run per 8.13days // 3.75 runs per month image
    Average Climb per run: 68.07m

All referenced via Runkeeper

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Heh, over on the ultra/adventure section of the forum there's a similar thread and a few people saying it's a bit attention-seeking and ostentatious.

So when you post your stats, chaps, remember not to wave your willy around image

• its only a bit a stats fun/review/see what we did [or didnt/couldnt do]/and set a target.....no?image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I guess those who are calling it attention-seeking and ostentatious are feeling a tiny bit out-done.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
     Muttley wrote (see)

Heh, over on the ultra/adventure section of the forum there's a similar thread and a few people saying it's a bit attention-seeking and ostentatious.

So when you post your stats, chaps, remember not to wave your willy around image

poor chat who started that thread, just gets grief off a bunch of runners who probably don't run more than 20miles a week, and probably should stay away from an ultra/adventure racing thread!

The chap wasn't boasting he was an amazing runner, simply listing some really gruelling sounding races, that not surprisingly he's probably quite proud of!

Silly him on an ultra thread!

• 470 miles for me. Only got an old fashioned running diary and pen so no more stats for me I'm afraid. Gone digital this year so hopefully in 12 months time there'll be more stats and more miles to report!

Reading these totals I now recognise why I come bottom third in races...lol.

For the record shout it out...I'm chuffed with my mileage last yr and I reckon we should all be extremely proud.
  • I started running again in May 2012 after a 10 year break due initially to injury and latterly idleness.

Been using the Nike+ app on my phone which tells me

Number of runs 94

Total distance 492.83 miles

Average pace 9'26 secs per mile

Total Nike Fuel points 167,719

• Number of runs - 105

Total distance - 712 miles

Did 18 parkruns (blue dots), and 8 races (red dots). Black dots are training runs.

/members/images/596170/Gallery/running_2012.PNG

This year I plan to do more runs but probably about the same mileage - I'm not doing a marathon so probably won't run further than 13.1 in one go.

• My stats are

2751.83 miles
    105,905 ft elevation
    309,468 calories
    Will be less run and more bike this year as I'm Ironman training, pleased I don't have average pace stats at the tip of my fingers as I know it would be rather slow. I should also have weighed myself at the beginning and end of the year so I could check calories scoffed as well.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Good mileage Kate...that's more like it people!

• 1,246.5 miles in 2012

But, I did very little during February, March, April, May & part of June off, covering only 107 miles in those 5 months, due to a chipped Femur, after a fall at a XC

(the 107 was due to inumerable attempts to try it out)

• Count: 178 Activities Distance: 1,065.45 mi Time: 154:57:22 h:mimage Elevation Gain: 14,930 m Avg Speed: 6.9 mph Avg Pace 8:44 mimage/mile

Target for the year was 1000 miles so happy to hit that.

• it seems a colon followed by an s is interpreted as a confused smiley!