Friday 4th January 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - If you're feeling low and lost today

Alehouse - time to start a stretching and strengthening routine?

Where is birkmyre? A few missing - including Tom, haven't seen Stickless for ages, do hope all are ok.

What:             MLR with 2 x local hill
Why:              time available, in lieu of speed work
Last hard:      last year
Last rest:       last year.

Yesterday's lyrics were My Friends by The Stereophonics

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics are familiar, I think...so that's a no then.

LMH:  do quite a lot of stretching etc, but its never enough...and as we get older we need to do even more. Need an appointment with the QofP to loosen things up, and to try to break down the scar tissue around the Achilles.

What: rest day from running, although may well go for a walk
    Why: caution. Seems to be no adverse reaction to yesterday though.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

happy friday!
    stretching - hmm, possibly the worlds worst although I know I should do more (as QoP always tells me). Ditto water consumption, I'm making a concerted effort this year to drink a bit more. I usually go a whole day without any. Just tea or coffee. Don't do fizzy drinks either. I started well today though, had a glass with breakfast and one when I got into work...
    I digress...nice session RFJ, track or road for the reps? You doing Hamps Champs tomorrow?
    what - summat easy
    why - killed 90 minutes last night with eldest at hockey with 11.1miles steady (~8min miling: 88.02mins).Despite not finishing until just before 10 last night it was surprisingly mild out there, same again this morning.
    last hard - yesterday (longest run in about a month)
    last rest - 3 weeks ago

lyric - possibly

• What: rest
    Why: work with on call until 6pm
    Last Hard: a while agoimage
    Last Rest: 2 January
    Lyrics: as usual, no image

Completed my 2013 marathon entries yesterday with Cape Wrath added now to loch Katrine and Snowdonia. May have been rash but do have option of dropping back to HM in March (Loch Katrine).image
    Need to start pushing up the mileage again ...image

Birkmyre was around on Scottish Runners on NYD

Orkney now has milk again imageimage

• Morning you lot

I thought I'd posted on here yesterday ! Doh !! 

Lurgy just about gone now. Haven't run a single step since Christmas Eve.  Hopefully running today or more likely tomorrow.

• Brian61Brian61 ✭✭✭

sounds familiar.

what.. 8M easy

why... hard yesterday

last rest... NYD

last hard... yest - 15mins tempo

Anybody struggling with the extra pounds?

• Morning all. Been off to Rome for  a few days...was fantastic to spend NY there. Poundage to lose now tho.
    Lyrics: Maybe
    What: Haven't a clue
    Why: Neighbour's funeral and catch up on Dom God tasks as OH back at work. Throw in optician, quack, chiropodist and hair (Git to keep up appearances) and it's a bit busy
    Last Hasrd: Can't remember
    Last Rest: Last 8 daysimage
    I'm wit Dustin on the stretching...never got it and still can't despite informed opinion and running buddies telling me otherwise. Am doing more but can't quite get that motivation!

• Hiya Brian image.

Birks and Tinselcelt: welcome back.

Are your energy levels back to normal today, LMH?

what: 10 miles with 3 x 20mins a bit quicker in there
    why: base
    last hard: the wind today was fierce
    last rest: 1/1
    lyrics: no

• macemace ✭✭✭

I smelt some HADD in here so thought i'd join in image

what - 11M MLR

why - P&D 18wk up to 70M ( wk4, day4 )

last hard - last Fri, 9M with 4 @ 10m pace in the wind and rain image

last rest - monday

Brian - not weighed myself so no image

Can someone explain to me what's with the lyrics thingy ??

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

open poster puts up some words, you either know them or not, but don't give the game away.
    singer / song revealed later that day (or usually the next)

oh and welcome!!!

• Welcome, Mace, Brian!

Lyrics: if setting them they should normally be the first line(s) of the song, unless they contain the title, of course. Also, in theory, the song should be running related, or topical. Just say that you know them, or in my case, usually, that I don't.

What: brisk 20 minutes muddy walk, covering exactly 2k. Now for more stretches etc.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Despite having to fix the washing machine before I could go out for a run, I did manage to get out for 21.6 miles, the last 3 felt OK, despite being uphill, so I worked the pace. Then I started to realise that I might make it home inside 3 hours. That little figure was a blast from the past. With an effort, I stopped the clock at 2:59:57. That made 8:20m/m. Happy.

• Afternoon

What 10.33
    Why belated MLR
    Lyrics no

Probably could have gone further or slower only one of the cats took a shine to my sandwiches so I had to make some more losing a bit of precious run time.

Rest day tomorrow and negotiations are now open for Sunday's LSR. 

• Good running Blisters.

I do thank you chickadeee - no idea what yesterday was about.

Welcome Brian and Mace. Thankfully no extra weight here though I could always do with losing at least a kg prior to a race. Can't stay at race weight all the time though, nice as that would be.

Was wondering where you'd got to TC - sounds as though you had a good time.

OH - sounds as though you need to start building those long runs again.

With regards to the lyrics it becomes very difficult to keep them running related or topical (other than from a personal point of view) so mine end up mostly abstract or with some tenuous connection to something in my day.

I ended up with 11 miles this morning including two ascents of my hill rep hill. A lovely morning for it but I do need to start cutting back a little with Brass only a couple of weeks away now as I tend to carry quite a high level of fatigue.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • A'noon

Welcome to mace and Brian.

Yup back having another wee nosey.

• Nice run Blisters!

Hi Brian and Mace. Yes I do have a kg or two that could do with shifting!

What: 60mins on the very hilly hills around Q'town

Why: can't resist!

No idea on the lyrics.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Welcome to the newbies and also hi to some well kent faces image

Lots of weight to shift here - probably about 20 pounds - it'll come off with regular training.,...

Saying that, down with some seriously bad man-flu today - never got up till 12 and still feeling exhausted image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Dustin, on the track.... yes to Jnr and me at Hants XC champs tomorrow

What - 4.25 easy
    Why - Easy Run
    Last Hard - Last Night
    Last Rest - Weds

Take care

• Donaldo. If you are up in time, I gather that the world XC is on the telly from Edinburgh tomorrow. There's a lot of bad germs about this year, take the recovery seriously.

Mace, Brian, apologies to you for not saying my welcomes. HADD? hmm, a bit passe isn't it? Just keep doing something every day and write your own plan. And yes, despite having shifted some cuddle factor the scales are still telling lies.

Lyrics: had to Google them, and for a change I have indeed heard of the band. Dunno the song though.

One more thing. It is well worth a close read back today for some classic mis-spellings. Find then for yourself and chuckle.