2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Jason,i do like Marathon Talk but im afraid it would make me feel a bit down about no running at the moment.

So daytime tv it is for the time beingimage

Are you noticing a difference in your strength/flexibility with the medicine ball sessions?

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    YC- early days with the ball, but yes I think so
  • Warm up in the gym the out for 6 hill repeats then back to gym for core and stretch. Rest day coming up then long run Saturday .

Looks like everyone is putting in some good training sessions!
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Gosh it's busy on here!

Lots of core work going on which I should have done tonight.

4 miles recovery this morning then a run with the guys tonight - 7.76 miles (imageimage)of headtorch running on hills, scrambling up the side of a quarry, running down a steep narrow path with slippery leaves then having a blast at the end. One guy shouts get the girl so we sprint - i manage second! image Great fun!

Nice that your run got a mention NP and another impresive double!

Fantastic tempo pace SM.

Nice running AGF and Teknik, my shoes look trashed with yet more mud tonight. So many people out tonight with nice clean gear. image

Good to hear from you kaz.image

F

• Another 8 miles in the bank for me tonight conditions were very mild but a strong wind made things interesting, 5 mile run tomorrow to bring the week to an end
  • 7.5 miles (mostly) with group for me tonight. Also quite mild with little wind here.
    Hope you're back running soon Kaz

Some steady running now from nearly everyone on here today
    FC, MG1, SM6, NP, JSN, JCM, Tek, AGF
    (and anyone else I haven't noted)

Scotland is just about waking up again. image
    No milk today - it seems even the cows have observed the 2 January! image

I've had a busy day and entered 2 marathons (Loch Katrine and Cape Wrath). That's it now for 2013! image

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    MG1 nice running enjoy your rest day.

Fiona great double day again for you and well done on holding on to second place.

SC well done on your run.

OH nice running.

Off for a swim and an easy run later image
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

jayc welcome back 

Kaz good to be home - wish you well soon

NP - good tempo and recovery double yesterday

HM thanks

YC keep up the circuits

SM6 - nice running (at least the last 2 milesimage)

MG well done on the hill repeats

Fiona sounds like a fun club run!!

SC nice 8 miler

OH well done on the 7.5m. Hope the milk arrived today...

--

4m recovery bimble here, all ok.

Race list link 

• We have milk - Well done cows!image

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

...forgot to say GOOD LUCK tomorrow (and Sunday) Emmy @ the Enigma winter double - hope the lake isn't flooded...

• macemace ✭✭✭

Yes, good luck Emmy.

Nice training all, i love reading what everyone's up to.

Tek - how's the knee doing ?

jason - medicine ball ?? i'm slowly coming to the conclusion you're a mentalist imageimage

Seen quite a few joggers out at lunchtime round here and even a couple on the way home from work in the dark. Haven't been seeing any at 5am though, bloody "new-years-res-lightweights" image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Teknik wrote (see)

...forgot to say GOOD LUCK tomorrow (and Sunday) Emmy @ the Enigma winter double - hope the lake isn't flooded...

mace wrote (see)

Yes, good luck Emmy.

Nice training all, i love reading what everyone's up to.

Tek - how's the knee doing ?

jason - medicine ball ?? i'm slowly coming to the conclusion you're a mentalist imageimage

Seen quite a few joggers out at lunchtime round here and even a couple on the way home from work in the dark. Haven't been seeing any at 5am though, bloody "new-years-res-lightweights" image

Hello to everyone and a big thank you for the good wishes. The lake is 95% OK so at least I won't get too muddy. Am a little worried about it but here's hoping everything is OK and I can get some sleep tonight!

I'll report back with a full report later.

• I'm a lightweight (in non mass terms)
    I've never run before 7am and only then in races!image
    ... but I haven't made any NY resolutions either!

• Good luck Emmy

Strangely there were no new members at jog Scotland last night, I was expecting an influx of new members, most must still be in holiday mode

Another 5 miles easy this morning, 48.4 for the week, rest day tomorrow and longer run on Sunday.
  • Lots of great running going on image 

First run of the year for me since the 9 miler on hogmanay.

Decided to run out to see my mate at his work, so ran out a steady 5.3 miles and had a natter for 20 minutes before an easy running back. The route has a few hills in the middle which i surprisingly enjoyed.

Leg 1: 5.3miles. Time: 41:08

Splits: 7:29,  7:58,  8:10,  8:02, 7:28, 1:58

Leg 2: 5.3miles. Time: 43:50

Splits: 8:24,  8:10,  8:14,  8:29,  8:06,  2:24

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Emmy- Good luckimage Look forward to the report

Mace- mentalist, moi??image

Spark- nice hilly runimage

Fiona- Nice double againimage and well done on keeping second- sounds like an umm interesting runimage

OH- Hope the milk supply is backimage Nice run

Tek- nice bimblingimage

12.01m for me today, followed by a warm down of just over a mile. Ran the 12 just a little faster than normal, but it all felt comfortable- must be progress!image 12.01m in 1.22.51 Splits: 7:13 7:18 7:14 7:10 7:03 7:04 6:42 6:41 6:39 6:38 6:34 6:30. Happy days.....image

• Those splits make me want to cry imageimage

Hahaha
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Good luck Emmy!image

Nice running spark and SC. Which jogscotland are you Stewart?

jason running up the side of a quarry in the sand was the hardest running I've done and in the dark I could not see the top so not sure if that was good or bad!! imageimage

Rest day here and long run planned for tomorrow.

F

• Spark. wrote (see)
    Those splits make me want to cry imageimage

Hahaha

Same here !! Jason happy days indeed you must be buzzing !

OH another lightweight here !!! don't run at silly times of the mornings either, I always pass runners while driving home from a night shift at 7.30 am and often wonder what time they started, guess I am just nocturnal after 20 years on nights

Stewart  nice mileage..and good for you leading a group at your club, did you have to do a coaching course ? our group leaders have to nowadays, insurance and all that. 

Just a nice easy 5.5 recovery for me today..I wont bother with the splits as it involves 9s yes Jason 9s , I dont think I have ever seen any of your splits under 7.30s

Should have been 12 mile MLR  today, but my club are running a marathon training group on Saturday mornings, so will go tomorrow just to be sociable as I wont be able to get to many of them due to shifts.

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Good luck Emmy can't wait for the race reports.

Spark nice running well done,

SC nice running.

Teknik nice recovery.

Fiona snap apart from the swim rest day today first in a while image
  • FionaC,NN, Inverness leisure, I had to do a one day leaders course, which I enjoyed and picked up a few useful tidbits. The group was in need for volunteers to help out so I thought it would be nice to give back, however we were not taught how to coach people how to run, focus was on how to manage a group, route planning etc
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

I'll say Hi on Tuesday Stewart! image

F

• A fellow jog Scottie, I'll see you on Tuesday what group do you normally run in?
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

With Craig, so far most of the runs seem to be through mud and up hills!! image

F

• I've only done hill reps with Craig's group, you guys are nuts doing the mast at night, it's hard enough through the day, managed to do vomit without stopping on Sunday, it extremely muddy up there
  • 3.6 miles to the gym (I actually thought the loop I took would be about a mile longer than it was) then lower body weights. Run was easy, weights not so easy...

If I can get out my bed tomorrow it'll be 7.5miles inc. parkrun, if not I might do some intervals. Gym tomorrow afternoon/evening too.

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

So which one is that then? They were talking about that on Thursday. It that up by the Great Glen Way?

I must get back to the weights SM!

F

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Emmy,

Good luck.

--------

Well done on everyone's training.

• Yeah, here is my garmin link for my run on Sunday, it will give you a rough idea,

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/255711656

I normally take the 5 mile group.
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Stewart,

Don't like the look of that hill in the middle (despite me liking uphill running).